Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,534 members, 7,951,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 12:42 PM

How To Make Your Children Love Reading - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Make Your Children Love Reading (550 Views)

How To Inspire Manners And Make Your Children Love You / How I Felt Reading Messages Between My Husband And His Mistress - Lady / Drug Abuse: When Last Did You Check Your Children’s Bags? – NAFDAC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Your Children Love Reading by lavylilly: 1:59pm On Mar 31, 2023
HOW TO MAKE YOUR CHILDREN LOVE READING

Reading is one of the four skills of every language. For the English language: which is our official language, it has become imperative that we groom children who can read and read fluently. The best time to start is now, irrespective of the age of your child. Starting early is the key to building great readers. I started reading to my child @ 4 months. Yes, 4 months. At first, it seemed I didn't know what I was doing, but as the months went by, he has greatly shown interest in books. Without introducing him to sounds, he already mutters some sounds of the English language.

For older children, create time and read to and with them. Children are natural imitators. When your child sees you reading, reading will come naturally to him/her.

# Buy them Books: most parents want their children to be readers but do not buy them books. You ask them to read age inappropriate books they can find at home. Get them age appropriate books and you'll see your children devour books and come to love reading.

# Be a Reader: children will naturally imitate what is commonly done around them; so be a reader, yourself.

#Visit the Library: as much as you can, visit the library with your children; not parks, eateries or restaurants. Sometimes, visit a public library or a private one that is opened to the public.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Make Your Children Love Reading by vastolord4(m): 2:03pm On Mar 31, 2023
Very true! Kids will imitate expertly what you do regularly..

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Your Children Love Reading by Divoc19(f): 2:24pm On Mar 31, 2023
I read on phone/laptop
My kids want to play game on phone/laptop

Don't you think times have changed and we need to device other means

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Children Love Reading by ItisWell22(f): 6:18pm On Mar 31, 2023
Very important.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Your Children Love Reading by lavylilly: 7:02pm On Mar 31, 2023
Divoc19:
I read on phone/laptop
My kids want to play game on phone/laptop

Don't you think times have changed and we need to device other means
Yes oo

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Children Love Reading by Younghacka(m): 9:10am On Apr 03, 2023
It's great as a parent seeing your child reading from a tender age. . .
But in this age and generation where a father goes out early in the morning and comes back late at night. . . Will this fly?

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Children Love Reading by lavylilly: 1:40pm On Apr 03, 2023
Weekends nko?
Younghacka:
It's great as a parent seeing your child reading from a tender age. . .
But in this age and generation where a father goes out early in the morning and comes back late at night. . . Will this fly?
Re: How To Make Your Children Love Reading by lilioj: 8:14pm On Apr 03, 2023
Very true, I introduced my daughter to books right from when she was a baby, then I read bedtime stories to she and her brother every night before going to sleep .

When we got them a tablet, I downloaded lots of e-books their age group on it ,now she loves reading and reads so well for a 6 year old!
Re: How To Make Your Children Love Reading by Younghacka(m): 8:37pm On Apr 03, 2023
lavylilly:
Weekends nko?
That might do I guess.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Children Love Reading by lavylilly: 6:26am On Apr 04, 2023
wink
Younghacka:

That might do I guess.

(1) (Reply)

Fresh Smoked Catfish!!! / I Feel God Doesn't Love Me Enough. / Lady Cries Out As The Oha Leaves Sent By Her Dad Got Dried Up On The Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.