Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,285 members, 7,904,216 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 10:26 AM

The Revolution We Need - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Revolution We Need (958 Views)

Tinubu Calls For Revolution / Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. / Its Time For The Revolution: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Revolution We Need by rimms(m): 8:45pm On Sep 19, 2011
A transformation that takes us from burdensome society to a true libertarian country is what we need in this grim and unpleasantly looted country.
A perfectly coordinated revolution is necessary to get to where we want to be in Nigeria. But it can not be done by a single man or tribe.
On this forum, people are finding themselves easily triggered into strong emotional reactions, being hyper-sensitive, being prone to angry disputes with one another, which could be avoided. Instead, we should all start to understand our position and realize that our objectives are common in every way.
Nigerians must come together by calling upon one another to jointly recognize our true current state of development and our challenges, and take action. Action is louder and more productive than words.
Let us not allow politicians to keep us tangled up, we accomplish nothing when we allow this to happen.

Boko Haram might just be the blessing and the break we need in this country at this time.

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
Richard Dawkins
Re: The Revolution We Need by rimms(m): 12:37am On Sep 20, 2011
No Evolution Without Revolution
Re: The Revolution We Need by rimms(m): 1:36pm On Sep 20, 2011
Nigerians must come to realize that bondage is free of charge, but freedom is never free; it is paid for with the blood of patriots and heroes. Where are the patriots and heroes in Nigeria?
Revolution today will produce a better tomorrow.
No revolution, no future for anyone in Nigeria.
Re: The Revolution We Need by rimms(m): 3:49pm On Sep 21, 2011
Revolution is artlessly a fundamental change in power structures that takes place as quickly as possible. As a matter of fact there are two types of political revolution: 1, Complete change from one constitution to another and 2, Modification of an existing constitution.
Without any doubt on my mind, I believe the first type will be perfect for Nigeria; if it is well coordinated it will work perfectly in Nigeria. But because of the populous size of Nigeria, it can not be done by a single man or tribe. It must be jointly methodized, this is why it is significantly crucial for all Nigerians to become disentangled and amalgamated.
We must note that revolutions have occurred through human history and vary widely in terms of methods, duration, and motivating ideology. Their results include major changes in culture, economy, and socio-political institutions.
The keys to a successful revolution are: Togetherness, Determination, Endurance and Benevolentness.
Without a successful revolution in this country the future of our children, grand children and great grand children is plunged deep in darkness.
Nigerians must also note that our objective which is in one box is common in every way. Together we must unlock this box, rise up and let us battle for our freedom, or else things will never change.

Come to think about it, our leaders have never been challenged before. This may be the crux of our problem.
Nobody is going to do it for us.
Re: The Revolution We Need by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2011
For those of us who believe that a revolution will, by itself be the cure-all, the silver bullet that will eliminate our problems, I would like to refer you to this article I came across: Are revolutions really worth the hassle? by Jideofor Adibe.

A revolution without a properly laid plan for the post-revolution leadership of a country will only lead to anarchy, or what I'll call a "State of Somalia".

Here's the link to the article:

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/jideofor-adibe/are-revolutions-really-worth-the-hassle.html

1 Like

Re: The Revolution We Need by Depilot(m): 4:56pm On Sep 21, 2011
I support revolution, but we must be very careful.
We can indirectly follow the foot steps of the Egyptians, where the military took over until the constitution was revisited and a better structured democracy was put in place.

I believe this is possible in Nigeria. All it takes is for a group of bright and courageous military officers from each regions (Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba) in the country to put a sensible plan together, execute the plan and deliver the leadership of the country only after our weak constitution is empowered and enforced, and a well structured democracy is in place.

I honestly do not believe that an average Nigerian is bold enough to pull what the citizens of Libya and Egypt were able to accomplished. We are not that strong, plus we love our lives too much.
Bold, sensible and aboveboard military officers are the only group in Nigeria that can execute a successful revolution.

Without the involvement of military a successful revolution will be very difficult to be accomplished. That is, without military involved revolution people like Tinubu, Odeli, Gbenga Daniel, Akala and others will steal our money until the return of Jesus.

1 Like

Re: The Revolution We Need by mensdept: 4:49am On Sep 22, 2011
rimms:

No Evolution Without Revolution

This should be in the minds and hearts of today's Nigerians. If all those so-called pastors would preach this, and the people themselves recited this daily, then maybe we can take that one big step forward.

Depilot:

I support revolution, but we must be very careful.
We can indirectly follow the foot steps of the Egyptians, where the military took over until the constitution was revisited and a better structured democracy was put in place.

I believe this is possible in Nigeria. All it takes is for a group of bright and courageous military officers from each regions (Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba) in the country to put a sensible plan together, execute the plan and deliver the leadership of the country only after our weak constitution is empowered and enforced, and a well structured democracy is in place.

I honestly do not believe that an average Nigerian is bold enough to pull what the citizens of Libya and Egypt were able to accomplished. We are not that strong, plus we love our lives too much.
Bold, sensible and aboveboard military officers are the only group in Nigeria that can execute a successful revolution.

Without the involvement of military a successful revolution will be very difficult to be accomplished. That is, without military involved revolution people like Tinubu, Odeli, Gbenga Daniel, Akala and others will steal our money until the return of Jesus.

We need the PEOPLE and not just the military to lead this revolution.
Re: The Revolution We Need by AfroBlue(m): 5:26am On Sep 22, 2011
Niggers Are Scared Of Revolution! (The Last Poets)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpo11TxSdVg&feature=related
Re: The Revolution We Need by DrummaBoy(m): 8:33am On Sep 22, 2011
A nations of idiots ruled by fools
Nigerians deserve the leaders they get. An apple can't bear mangoes
Re: The Revolution We Need by DrummaBoy(m): 8:34am On Sep 22, 2011
The revolution Nigerians need is that of the mind
A total re-orientation of thinking. A deliverance from Idiocy
Re: The Revolution We Need by mensdept: 7:33pm On Sep 24, 2011
Only a hand full of comments. NA wah

(1) (Reply)

Efcc Farida Sacked / Aburi: The "sovereign National Conference" That Got Away. / Where Goeth The 4000mw Of Electricity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.