Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,202 members, 7,887,528 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:09 AM

Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments (24766 Views)

5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide / Akwa Ibom Christmas Village Has Generated Over N1bn Within One Month - Esin / 3,050 Megawatts Mambilla Power Project In Taraba (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by sunboy(m): 4:44pm On Apr 01, 2023
accordadoga26:
Papa is here.

It will become a thing of the past.

Just as promised, no doubt! May God help him.
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by pongwa(m): 4:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by sunboy(m): 4:48pm On Apr 01, 2023
Jeezuzpick:
Let the wèrè come and do something about it, naa.

Na boat cruise e dey use blow money.

Come and build power plant and see whether FG won't owe you billions.

Then you'll cry on a different key.

I bet you didn’t read a line in that post before jumping to post this. It’s okay.
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 4:53pm On Apr 01, 2023
accordadoga26:
Papa is here.

It will become a thing of the past.

You keep disgracing yourself in every thread.
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by Wisedove(m): 4:59pm On Apr 01, 2023
I won’t be surprised if Dangote start supplying the needed power in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by emmybobo1: 5:00pm On Apr 01, 2023
Ogene001:

Transmission is the problem not distribution. Transmission was not privatized, it's still under FG in the name of Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN). Among the distribution companies only Lagos and Enugu Discos are making profits
Why bother quoting an ignorant child
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by caruzo(m): 5:02pm On Apr 01, 2023
uniquetechng:
Even when Femi made it clear that transmission is the major problem you still think distribution is ? FG is in charge of transmission and wasn't privatized by anybody, get your facts right .

Transmission is not singularly the problem..Understand the facts right. IS IT NOT WHAT DISTRIBUTION WANTS THAT TRANSMISSION WILL GIVE THEM..Distribution is not picking enough load or not declaring to pick load that will put pressure on the Transmission hence, Transmission is not loading the generation on the grid. YOU ALL LOOK BUT SEE DIFFERENTLY.THE KEY IS PERCEPTION. DISTRIBUTION is the problem if only you understand Nigeria electricity chain, others in the value chain are doing significant upgrades and investments except the distribution which is under capitalised..common metering of customer's, sanitisation and ugrade of network so as to reduce ATC&C losses is still a problem. ALSO THE TARRIF for the disco they say is just nor favourably. IN conclusion.Generation and Transmission are making gaint quantum leaps and generation dey back they crawl like snail and na them go use wetin generator produce and Transmission transmit to them give us the customers. Why can't generation pick more than 5000MW consistently and see if Transmission can't give them first. Transmission is not the major problem.Hope you gerrit.If you don't gerrit..forget about it.
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by thaoriginator: 5:12pm On Apr 01, 2023
Mr Otedola, na now you come?
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by emmybobo1: 5:12pm On Apr 01, 2023
greatiyk4u:

Only IKEA disco making profits
Enugu about to be taken over by bank
You mean EEDC where I work. May lie destroy you and your family

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by emmybobo1: 5:14pm On Apr 01, 2023
caruzo:

Transmission is not singularly the problem..Understand the facts right. IS IT NOT WHAT DISTRIBUTION WANTS THAT TRANSMISSION WILL GIVE THEM..Distribution is not picking enough load or not declaring to pick load that will put pressure on the Transmission hence, Transmission is not loading the generation on the grid. YOU ALL LOOK BUT SEE DIFFERENTLY.THE KEY IS PERCEPTION. DISTRIBUTION is the problem if only you understand Nigeria electricity chain, others in the value chain are doing significant upgrades and investments except the distribution which is under capitalised..common metering of customer's, sanitisation and ugrade of network so as to reduce ATC&C losses is still a problem. ALSO THE TARRIF for the disco they say is just nor favourably. IN conclusion.Generation and Transmission are making gaint quantum leaps and generation dey back they crawl like snail and na them go use wetin generator produce and Transmission transmit to them give us the customers. Why can't generation pick more than 5000MW consistently and see if Transmission can't give them first. Transmission is not the major problem.Hope you gerrit.If you don't gerrit..forget about it.
Oga will just keep quiet. The power reaching gencos is what they distribute. Typing out of gross ignorance. Why not just learn than defending foolishness
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by Allisgud: 5:22pm On Apr 01, 2023
Let us see if this new govt will generate power to make even a pop corn
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by Thedon22: 5:22pm On Apr 01, 2023
opalu:
Wail and Lament!!! When opportunity came to choose a President that vows to declare war in power sector, guess what you did: you endorsed your tribe. As if there is electricity for one tribe more than the other
So, nah by vow them dey do am? All the past govts did not vow? Too many Obidenses around truly! Thats why we voted track record. Watch things unfold while you wail.
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by Allisgud: 5:26pm On Apr 01, 2023
States should just generate their own power,let their be competition
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by greatiyk4u(m): 5:30pm On Apr 01, 2023
emmybobo1:

You mean EEDC where I work. May lie destroy you and your family

Why the use of harsh words on me? Na quarrel?
What's is your current
PIM
Collection efficiency
Billing efficiency?
ATC&C LOSS LEVEL?

Let's start from here that's if you know the meaning of those terms.....

May be you are in operation or other non cash/marketing department where you know nothing about the company performance and assume it is by collecting N6B monthly without knowing the cost of running the business

How many staff are currently owed salaries in the disguise of bank issues
When last was earned allowances paid?
Are you aware allowances and ligistics are now paid with reconnection fees and other form of criminal IGR

I await your response oga.
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by BJanta: 5:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
That shows you to be a little child.
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by slimik: 5:53pm On Apr 01, 2023
Luukasz:
Is Otedola not among those who contributed to Nigeria's rot... I don't blame him.. I blame Nigerian's who hail him and other members of his class.

We know all of them and their kids made it off our national cake but most Nigerian's have been mentally enslaved to think otherwise.

Dangote, Adenuga, Otedola, Elumelu, Alakija, the Adeleke's and so many other Nigerian
elites are who they are today as a result of the wealth they stole.

All these people wouldn't have had this much wealth in a country with a working system and where real capitalists exists.

In life there is the King, Queen, Knights, Rookie, pawn etc..... But you must know this "Nobody Is Entitled To Anything" ...... It's either you dominate or be dominated.
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by lilachiever(m): 6:08pm On Apr 01, 2023
Himtulie247:
grin

Invest in Power Generation now 😀😀😀

Dangote don enter Oil Refinery now 😀😀😀

cool cool cool

Sir !!! You have the resources cool

He owns a power plant.

Geregu
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by emmybobo1: 6:19pm On Apr 01, 2023
greatiyk4u:

Why the use of harsh words on me? Na quarrel?
What's is your current
PIM
Collection efficiency
Billing efficiency?
ATC&C LOSS LEVEL?

Let's start from here that's if you know the meaning of those terms.....

May be you are in operation or other non cash/marketing department where you know nothing about the company performance and assume it is by collecting N6B monthly without knowing the cost of running the business

How many staff are currently owed salaries in the disguise of bank issues
When last was earned allowances paid?
Are you aware allowances and ligistics are now paid with reconnection fees and other form of criminal IGR

I await your response oga.
Continue in your shameless lies. I work in finance and no bank is about to take over EEDC. There are challenges but profit is being recorded. I don’t need to say more on this

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by greatiyk4u(m): 6:34pm On Apr 01, 2023
emmybobo1:

Continue in your shameless lies. I work in finance and no bank is about to take over EEDC. There are challenges but profit is being recorded. I don’t need to say more on this

If true, you must be at the District level and know little or nothing about the general business of eedc as a company...........no time to waste on you as I have seen you low level position in the company........
Culture change
Live it
Love it.
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by LeopardX: 6:39pm On Apr 01, 2023
Luukasz:
Is Otedola not among those who contributed to Nigeria's rot... I don't blame him.. I blame Nigerian's who hail him and other members of his class.

We know all of them and their kids made it off our national cake but most Nigerian's have been mentally enslaved to think otherwise.

Dangote, Adenuga, Otedola, Elumelu, Alakija, the Adeleke's and so many other Nigerian elites are who they are today as a result of the wealth they stole.

All these people wouldn't have had this much wealth in a country with a working system and where real capitalists exists.
Don't also forget Emeka offor. Una Sabi remember people from other region but forget people from una side.
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by ebenholer2(m): 6:53pm On Apr 01, 2023
OTEDOLA NEEDS TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS FAILURE. POLITICS IN NIGERIA HAS ALWAYS BEEN FOR THE ELITES AND ELITES LIKE HIM WHO HAPPEN TO BE HIS COHORTS HAVE RUINED NIGERIA TO THIS EXTENT AND HE KEEPS BE-FRIENDING THEM WITHOUT TAKING TIME TO CORRECT THEM OF THEIR MISBEHAVIOURS BECAUSE HE IS INDIRECTLY BENEFITING FROM THEIR MIS-RULING. THIS IS THE REALITY. THAT IS WHY IT BEWILDERS ME TO HEAR THE NATION PAST PRESIDENT WHO EVADED PAYING TAXES ON THE IMPORTED GOODS FOR HIS FARMS TALKING OF BAD GOVERNANCE. WHAT A HYPOCRITICAL NATION!
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by emmybobo1: 7:00pm On Apr 01, 2023
greatiyk4u:

If true, you must be at the District level and know little or nothing about the general business of eedc as a company...........no time to waste on you as I have seen you low level position in the company........
Culture change
Live it
Love it.
Can you tell us the bank and when they’ll be taking over EEDC?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by dododawa1: 7:02pm On Apr 01, 2023
OBASANJO comes to mind
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by dododawa1: 7:04pm On Apr 01, 2023
Ijegun ikotun isheri Osun are den of DARKNESS
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by greatiyk4u(m): 7:16pm On Apr 01, 2023
emmybobo1:

Can you tell us the bank and when they’ll be taking over EEDC?

Confidential
Just know the reason for the challenges you admit abound in the system is caused by pressure coming from metering (MAP) loan from CBN which was diverted into oga personal business leading to confiscation of the account by CBN to automatically recover the loan allowing only the disbursement of salaries to staff....this pushed them to the commercial bank I am talking about threatening to take over if their loan isn't serviced appropriately as agreed
This is top management secret I am revealing to you like this, with this info u will understand I know much
......I am......not.......a.......staff
I dey NERC
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by GoodLord95: 7:17pm On Apr 01, 2023
Shame on Otedola, minus politics but as a billionaire he is still irrelevant
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by aestake: 7:27pm On Apr 01, 2023
thorpido:
Wetin APC wan do for me?
grin grin
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by Ghezo: 7:33pm On Apr 01, 2023
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by dfrost: 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2023
Wrong thread? Oops
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by mayo47(m): 8:06pm On Apr 01, 2023
Only ignorant people will make same statement you made because it was very unnecessay. FG has always being in charge of Power/Electricity in Nigeria. This, state government have little influence over the sector

scholarsfunding:
Your father was former Lagos state Governor
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by caruzo(m): 8:37pm On Apr 01, 2023
emmybobo1:

Oga will just keep quiet. The power reaching gencos is what they distribute. Typing out of gross ignorance. Why not just learn than defending foolishness

You just displayed your high level ignorance of the subject matter..That was why I said..if you don't gerrit. don't reply what you don't know.WHICH POWER IS REACHING GENCO?.. DID DEY TELL YOU THAT GENCO DISTRIBUTE. You are so bereft of simple knowledge this energy is not stored somewhere. It's is load dependent. YOUR FOOLISHNESS IS CLEAR TO ALL ASUNDRY and I will ignore you as others did because you are talking nonsensical crinkum crakum and higi haga.
Re: Nigeria Has Generated Only 5000 Megawatts Since I Was Born— Femi Otedola Laments by emmybobo1: 8:43pm On Apr 01, 2023
greatiyk4u:

Confidential
Just know the reason for the challenges you admit abound in the system is caused by pressure coming from metering (MAP) loan from CBN which was diverted into oga personal business leading to confiscation of the account by CBN to automatically recover the loan allowing only the disbursement of salaries to staff....this pushed them to the commercial bank I am talking about threatening to take over if their loan isn't serviced appropriately as agreed
This is top management secret I am revealing to you like this, with this info u will understand I know much
......I am......not.......a.......staff
I dey NERC
I’ll bookmark this and reply you by this time next year. If EEDC is not taking over by bank by that time then shame on you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Experiences Worst Independence Day Celebration Under Buhari – Adeyanju / Goodluck Jonathan Writes To Congratulate Trump On His Inaguaration / Pro-buhari Supporters Hold Rally To Welcome President To US (PHOTOS/VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.