Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,598 members, 7,885,484 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 10:22 AM

The 2 Easiest Career Paths For Dependent Spouses In The UK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The 2 Easiest Career Paths For Dependent Spouses In The UK (462 Views)

Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children / A Man & The 2 Ladies He Was Carrying Die In An Accident In Sapele, Delta (Photos / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The 2 Easiest Career Paths For Dependent Spouses In The UK by nigeriansinuk: 10:30pm On Apr 04, 2023
Before I proceed, I want to say that not everything is cast in stone. What I’m about to say might not apply to you but from what I have observed amongst Nigerians in the UK, here are are the 2 easiest career paths for Nigerian dependent spouses in the UK.

Read on to learn more.

If you’re in the UK as a dependent on a Tier-4 Visa, the biggest thing on your mind is how to switch your visa category to a Tier-2 Visa before your current visa expires.

Switching to a Tier-2 Visa means you can stay in the UK for between 3-5 years and after 5 years, you qualify to get an Indefinite Leave to remain (ILR) and you can get a citizenship/passport.

Now, what are the 2 common paths to make this happen for you?

I’ll explain both paths in detail in this article and what you can do to maximize your chances of getting a Tier-2 visa using one of these 2 paths.

The first path is the Care route while the second path is the Tech route.

The Care Worker path

This is the easiest path for most Nigerians and there are lots of visa sponsorship jobs in this area. The good thing about the care path is you don’t need previous experience or qualifications in order to land a care job.

You can take online trainings and get certifications from places like Florence Academy, do your manual handling training, do your security/background checks and register with your area care council.

Once you do these things, you’re ready to get a job as a care assistant/ in a support role even with little prior experience.

One advantage of the Care route is you and your family members are exempted from the IHS (immigration health surcharge)/health insurance fees, unlike other routes.

Note that you need to have a passion for humanity to be able to perform well in the care sector.

The Tech Path

Tech is the new oil and it pays very well here in the UK. There are lots of tech jobs in the UK that offer visa sponsorships but many people think you have to be a developer in order to get a tech job.

Thankfully, there are other roles you can use to break into tech without being a software developer. These roles include Product Marketer, Software tester/QA Analyst, Scrum Master, Business Analyst & Project Managers.

Some people have gotten visa sponsorship jobs (even from Nigeria) after undergoing 3-6 months trainings in these areas.

There are several organizations that offer these trainings and I could recommend one if you let me know in the comment.

P.S: A reader brought this to my attention: One other way of getting a stay in the UK is by marriage or being a co-parent with a citizen.

I hope you found this useful. Do you know other paths people use to get visa sponsorships in the UK? Feel free to tell us in the comment area and if you found this article valuable, please share to others who will find it useful.

Wish you the best.

N.B: I’m not a career or visa consultant and this piece is for information purposes only. You are advised to consult an expert and do your own independent research before making a decision.

https://nigeriansinuk.substack.com/p/the-2-easiest-career-paths-for-dependent

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Relocating To West Africa Country / As A First Time Resident In Kaduna, What Do I Need To Know / My Husband Hurt Me..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.