Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,923 members, 7,973,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 10:25 AM

I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi (5828 Views)

Nine Ministers Seeking Elective Positions Resign / Buhari Expresses Sadness As APC Loses 50 Elective Seats / People Above 70 Should Not Seek Elective Positions - Peter Obi (Throwback video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by peekspot(m): 8:58pm On Apr 06, 2023
Former Governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi has declared that he would not run for any elective position.

He said this on Saturday at Ochuche in Ogbaru Local Government, where his former Commissioner for local government and chieftaincy affairs, Dubem Obaze received a chieftaincy title from the coalition of all traditional rulers in Anambra North.

Speaking to journalist, he said: “I started telling people during my second tenure in office as governor that I will not aspire for any elective position in the country, but some people thought I was joking.

“Some have even been speculating that I will be contesting for Senate for Anambra Central in 2015 or for another elective position at the national level and I want to say here that I have no such ambition. However, I am prepared to make myself available for the service of my country in non- elective position.

“I believe that after serving as governor for eight years, I should allow other people go for political offices meant for the state. There is therefore no truth in the rumour that I want to contest for senate next year.”

Obi said he would remain in All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, no matter the nature of assignment he is carrying out for the nation, adding that he would continue to ensure that the party becomes stronger.
https://dailypost.ng/2014/06/29/im-done-elective-positions-peter-obi/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by 40Bullets: 8:59pm On Apr 06, 2023
Story
Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by PandoraObi: 8:59pm On Apr 06, 2023
Yes daddy

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by helinues: 9:00pm On Apr 06, 2023
Toh

Reality dawning

grin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by Frank688915: 9:01pm On Apr 06, 2023
I know frm start say Tinubu dey use this guy, but his followers are bl*nd to see this..

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by Dayoself: 9:01pm On Apr 06, 2023
Fake news

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by Saga16: 9:02pm On Apr 06, 2023
The idiot is a born liar.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by Nonny95: 9:02pm On Apr 06, 2023
helinues:
Toh

Reality dawning

grin

Your propaganda lifestyle couldn't even allow you check the date of the article and boom. You resumed spiting everywhere as usual.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by Iceberg3: 9:03pm On Apr 06, 2023
by the time you sophisticated maarrraans realise you have turned 70 with nothing to show for your existence apart from igbo this,Obi that,it's a pity

2 Likes

Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by Nonny95: 9:03pm On Apr 06, 2023
Frank688915:
I know frm start say Tinubu dey use this guy, but his followers are bl*nd to see this..

Shut up.

This was after his administration as governor.

PDP boys you guys should learn to live without Obi.

Is it by force ?

He has left your party just as OBJ and others did. Move on

5 Likes

Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by helinues: 9:05pm On Apr 06, 2023
Frank688915:

Kwankwanso is the real saboteur in this election which was premeditated.

It would be better for Southerner to win the 2023 election and spend 8 years which by then the power will return to North than Atiku winning which he might use 8 years, then power will return to south for another 8 years making 16 years.

Had Kwankwanso wasn't on the ballot, Tinubu would have Atiku in North with very big margin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by helinues: 9:06pm On Apr 06, 2023
Nonny95:

Your propaganda lifestyle couldn't even allow you check the date of the article and boom. You resumed spiting everywhere as usual.

Though you are right about not checking the date but you should have also covered your face even with paper.

It simply means Peter Obi is unstable which his not even sure about his future plan

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by Nonny95: 9:12pm On Apr 06, 2023
helinues:

Though you are right about not checking the date but you should have also covered your face even with paper.

It simply means Peter Obi is unstable which is not even sure about his future plan

Suddenly Peter Obi is God, the Omini Knowest?

He said he had no plans of contesting an election at the National Level and how is that a lie or being unstable?

Did he contest NASS? NO.

During 2019 did he contest for PDP presidential ticket? NO.

The only crime he did was accepting to be VP candidate after he was recommended by OBJ and others.

The second crime he committed again was accepting to run for Presidency after Nigerian youths called on him to contest.

You are a very shameless person and your gaslighting will only work on your fellow goons in that APC.

My advice to you is to grow up.

I know you are in your late 30's and by that, you should be thinking like a matured person.

The bible says;

Be quick to think, slow to speak and slow to anger.

But you Helinus, is always slow to think and quick to speak.

Maybe because of the mulla. But as a human being, change your ways. Displaying your naivety on Social media should worry the shit out of you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by helinues: 9:15pm On Apr 06, 2023
Nonny95:

He said he had no plans of contesting an election at the National Level and how is that a lie or being unstable?

Did he contest NASS? NO.

The only crime he did was accepting to be VP candidate after he was recommended by OBJ and others.

The second crime he committed again was accepting to run for Presidency after Nigerian youths called on him to contest.

You are a very shameless person and your gaslighting will only work on your fellow goons in that APC.

I know you are in your late 30's and by that, you should be thinking like a matured person.

The bible says;

Be quick to think, slow to speak and slow yo anger.

Maybe because of the mulla. But as a human being, change your ways.

He said he had no plans of contesting an election at the National Level

Don't some of you people know when to keep shut?

So presidential election is local election not national bah?

Where did Obi get his supporters from gan gan?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by rickpat(m): 9:58pm On Apr 06, 2023
you can blindly support a football club but not a Nigerian POLITICAN..even plain comment,some fools will still interpret foolishly as usual

1 Like

Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by IVORY2009(m): 10:06pm On Apr 06, 2023
This was way back in 2014 kindly check the link 2014/06/29/im-done-elective-positions-peter-obi/

APC grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by GoldSantana: 10:07pm On Apr 06, 2023
Linus
Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by IVORY2009(m): 10:07pm On Apr 06, 2023
peekspot:

[url]https://dailypost.ng[b]/2014/06/29/[/b]im-done-elective-positions-peter-obi/[/url]

Wayback 2014 and stale, APCCCCCCCC and lies grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by QuotaSystem: 10:09pm On Apr 06, 2023
This time it won’t be his choice to make.

That incriminating audio where he isolated Muslims and declared the election a religious war has effectively nailed his political career as far as Nigeria is concerned.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by Softmirror: 10:11pm On Apr 06, 2023
grin

THIS ONE THAT CANNOT KEEP HIS WORDS. HE WILL SOON DUMP LABOUR PARTY AND RUN TO ANOTHER PARTY TO SEEK TO REAP FROM WHERE HE DID NOT SOW.

ANY WAY, AS IT STANDS, PETER OBI IS GREATER THAN OJUKWU AND NNAMDI KANU COMBINED.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by Sangoamadioha1: 10:12pm On Apr 06, 2023
Peter Obi can't help but tell lies. Remember what he said about leaving APGA. The undisputed king of Lamba

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by OmoFiditi: 10:13pm On Apr 06, 2023
If you like go to the soakaway in CKC Onitsha and dig out the excrement Peter Obi dumped in the toilet when he was a student and tell us how it tastes, it won't change anything.
Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by Benwallt(m): 10:49pm On Apr 06, 2023
Nonny95:

Did he contest NASS? NO.

The bible says;

Maybe because of the mulla. But as a human being, change your ways. Displaying your naivety on Social media should worry the shit out of you.

So, presidency is at grassroot level

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by Benwallt(m): 10:52pm On Apr 06, 2023
Nonny95:

Did he contest NASS? NO.

The bible says;

So, presidency is at grassroot level .

A man should live by his words. A man that eats his own words is worst than sarpent.

That's what differentiates Tinubu from the rest

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by rinzaugustine: 11:30pm On Apr 06, 2023
2015 news
Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by MasterJayJay: 11:49pm On Apr 06, 2023
helinues:

It simply means Peter Obi is unstable which his not even sure about his future plan

2016: Messi retires

2018: Messi plays for Argentina in World cup

APC-Tinubu( Babablu Bluublu): Messi is unstable, not even sure of his future plan

2021: Messi wins Copa America with Argentina

2022: Messi wins world cup with Argentina
Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by helinues: 11:56pm On Apr 06, 2023
MasterJayJay:

2016: Messi retires

2018: Messi plays for Argentina in World cup

APC-Tinubu( Babablu Bluublu): Messi is unstable, not even sure of his future plan

2021: Messi wins Copa America with Argentina

2022: Messi wins world cup with Argentina

One of the reasons why we said Obi and his supporters are jokes.

Comparing Messi a footballer with Peter Obi a politician is one of the ridiculous things I have ever read online

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by MasterJayJay: 11:57pm On Apr 06, 2023
helinues:

One of the reasons why we said Obi and his supporters are jokes.

Comparing Messi a footballer with Peter Obi a politician is one of the ridiculous things I have ever read online

Comparing Yes Daddy to DRUG Daddy is one of the dumbest comparison ever.
Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by helinues: 11:59pm On Apr 06, 2023
MasterJayJay:

Comparing Yes Daddy to DRUG Daddy is one of the dumbest comparison ever.

Carry that childish analysis from here.

Who dey follow una do Yes daddy.. Check my comments.. Just don't know why I am not interested in that discussion

We no dey play retarded politics here

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by MasterJayJay: 12:02am On Apr 07, 2023
helinues:

Carry that childish analysis from here.

Who dey follow una do Yes daddy.. Check my comments.. Just don't know why I am not interested in that discussion

We no dey play retarded politics here

HYPOCRISY!!

Look in the mirror. That's your forte.
Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by helinues: 12:04am On Apr 07, 2023
MasterJayJay:

HYPOCRISY!!

Look in the mirror. That's your forte.

Guy be serious, you are on how many rounds of bottle now?

This your incoherency is legendary.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Done With Elective Positions – Peter Obi by FreeStuffsNG: 12:36am On Apr 07, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

2024 Budget Will Achieve 61% Increase In Health Sector To Reduce ‘Japa’ - FCTA / Is This Really IBB's House? / Why I Visited UN House The Day After The Bombing - GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.