Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,539 members, 7,892,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 08:23 AM

Can One Genuinely Fall In Love With A Rebound? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can One Genuinely Fall In Love With A Rebound? (13333 Views)

5 Things To Note Before Starting A Rebound Relationship / Did I Use Her As A Rebound Just Because The Relationship Lasted Two Months? / Ladies!!!why Make An Honest Dude A Rebound Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Genuinely Fall In Love With A Rebound? by slimyem: 10:35pm On Sep 20, 2011
Many a time we get heart broken,we try to find succour in the arms of someone else who happens to come around about that period.
I have heard such relationships dont go nowhere since it isnt advisable to start another relationship when you are just getting out of one but what if you find out your rebound is actually a great person?
Does he/she being a rebound make you not want to take the relationship any further?can such relationship work out in the end?
I currently have a friend who is a party in a relationship lyk this and he needs sensible opinions.
Re: Can One Genuinely Fall In Love With A Rebound? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 20, 2011
Yes! You can fall in genuine love with a rebound! And the idea that such relationships dont go anywhere is pitiably Myopic! Your friend should know his motives first! is he trying to GENUINELY fall in love with a lady or is he just trying to forget the one that recently broke his heart? He should also be wary of the fact that no 2 Human behaves or act exactly alike! He should not be quick to equate the shortcomings of the new girl with the undesirable traits of the old one! He'll be doing more harm than good when he constantly looks at the new girl with the same eyes he used for the old! He should also avoid telling this new girl, every thing about his previous relationships, else it would be very easy for her to notice his weak points and capitalize on them, mostly to his detriment, cos the new girl may hide the similar traits she has with the old girl! I could go on and on!. . . . Such relationships last with extreme precautionary measures! Extreme in the sense that his heart is still a little lopsided from the break up, and any further emotional catastrophe, could be monumentally & colossally disastrous to his feelings about women in general, and he may wrongly term all women as Devils!

CAUTION ADVISED! wink
Re: Can One Genuinely Fall In Love With A Rebound? by slimyem: 11:20pm On Sep 20, 2011
thank you sexkillz.my friend kinda likes the new girl buh his emotions are clashing with the feelings from the old relationship and its straining the new one.he doesnt know if he should continue and give the new relationship a break until he has fully recovered from the old one.
One other question is, is the new girl willing to wait until he recovers?
Re: Can One Genuinely Fall In Love With A Rebound? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 20, 2011
slimyem:

thank you sexkillz.my friend kinda likes the new girl buh his emotions are clashing with the feelings from the old relationship and its straining the new one.he doesnt know if he should continue and give the new relationship a break until he has fully recovered from the old one.
One other question is, is the new girl willing to wait until he recovers?
Ok! Since emotions are already clashing, the party has started already! If i was in his shoes, i'll give it a rest. . . . COMPLETELY! At least until i recover! And one bird is whispering to me that he has already made the mistake of telling the new one all the traits of the old, and how she broke his heart! Right? That will only serve as a catalyst for the new girl to pressurize him into taking a precocious and undue decision about her! Who the hell cares if the new girl waits or not? Does she really want to be a rebound girl or does she want a genuine relationship with this guy? If she wants the latter, no time is too long for her to wait! But if her clock is ticking faster than the guy's clock, she is free to take a walk o jare! The guy should remember that it is his heart that is at stake here! So any decision he takes, should be decisions that favours his pitiable condition! Not one that'll make the new cinderella happy! He should take time off to reassess himself, what caused the break up, and how it could have been avoided, how to avoid future occurrence of such! Set his priorities straight, know what he wants from a lady, and be focused on how to get it! Then and only then, would he be able to sift and filter out undesirable qualities in the ladies he meets, without necessarily jumping into a relationship with them! When he's finally ready to sail the water's of love once again, another lady would gladly welcome him into her waiting arms!   wink
Re: Can One Genuinely Fall In Love With A Rebound? by tellwisdom: 3:40am On Sep 21, 2011
WETIN DEY WORRY DIS ONES angry angry angry
Re: Can One Genuinely Fall In Love With A Rebound? by Nobody: 3:55am On Sep 21, 2011
yes. i fell in love with mine
but when he caught on to the reason for our union,
he ended up changing on me. undecided cannot say that i blame him tho.
it just sucked how the roles reversed but such is life.
Re: Can One Genuinely Fall In Love With A Rebound? by CalienteMi: 3:56am On Sep 21, 2011
Hey Sis. kiss
Re: Can One Genuinely Fall In Love With A Rebound? by slimyem: 7:40am On Sep 21, 2011
tellwisdom:

WETIN DEY WORRY DIS ONES angry angry angry
wetin dey worry you sef?
Re: Can One Genuinely Fall In Love With A Rebound? by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 21, 2011
Time will erase d old memory. Dats certain. Dont rush things with d new girl, take time to communicate ur needs and ignore her mistakes that could bring memories of d ex. Every state of emotion is temporal. U can find love again
Re: Can One Genuinely Fall In Love With A Rebound? by tellwisdom: 9:31am On Sep 21, 2011
wetin dey worry you sef?

shocked shocked shocked shocked Dem don Nack u apkako for Yash before?? angry angry
Re: Can One Genuinely Fall In Love With A Rebound? by slimyem: 12:42pm On Sep 21, 2011
tellwisdom:

shocked shocked shocked shocked Dem don Nack u apkako for Yash before?? angry angry
oookay.i don know wetin dey do una.the weed wey u dey smoke sey turn ya head.
Re: Can One Genuinely Fall In Love With A Rebound? by tellwisdom: 1:52pm On Sep 21, 2011
Unfortunately, i dont live around your area where you see PLENTY OF WEED SMOKERS on the street grin grin.  Ehen  shocked, na true sey your husband to be, dey SMOKE IGHOH??

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders I Present To You The Most Beautiful Girl On Nairaland.. / I Am About To Bleep A Young Girl..(PICTURES INCLUDED) / Meet The Sexiest Woman In The U.S Army (see Her Romantic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.