Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,714 members, 7,979,422 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 08:32 AM

'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review (43503 Views)

‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade / "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) / Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Amount(m): 6:38am On Apr 09, 2023
simpleseyi:

You go just die of hypertension. You hate Yorubas, yet as Yorubas pray to go to Heaven, your whole village pray to go to Lagos.

Only a mad man will leave his village and jump into Hausa trailer carrying cows from Bornu through Igbo land to Lagos to come and slave for Yorubas

Remove hausa from you all childish behaviors, and fight yourselves. Sanyawa mutane ido!
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by cosmos1440: 6:55am On Apr 09, 2023
mmadu5:
stupid and useless movie . animalistic actors and actress .i cant watch movies acted by skull miners peter obi haters

Na bitterness and hatred go kill you.
So Mr Macaroni, Adesua Etomi Wellington and Chioma Chukwuka are haters of Peter Obi ?
.,.... Peter Obi lost the election. The earlier you realised this, the better for you.

2 Likes

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Tenshades(m): 6:55am On Apr 09, 2023
CaveAdullam:
The movie, as well with others like King Of Boys, follow in line in capturing the ugly nature of Lagos state politics and Nigeria at large.

More movies like this will help people become more cognizant of what's going on in their community and nation, and proffer effective ways for change.

As with Nollywood, some scenes were predictable, e.g when Gift shot Kazeem at the end.
Nollywood like their counterpart, Hollywood, giving masculine role to the feminine always make movies less interesting. Watching Gift (Adesua Etomi) fight hardened and tough criminals made the movie had tinctures of caricature. Let men do their thing; ditto for women.

Lessons learnt:

1. Crime is an unending loop once there are myriads of benefits attached.

2. Revenge is a cycle. Only pure justice can stop it.

3. Politicians are only loyal to their bellies and pockets. No matter how loyal you're to them, they'll use you as a pawn to leverage, either to gain more or escape danger.

4. True love never dies. It can be separated, but it keeps burning.

5. Don't taste crime. Once you do, you enter into an interminable tunnel of brief joy and long sorrows.

6. Don't be a pawn on the chessboard of politicians. Deal with them from afar and with wisdom.

7. Being a good parent matters a lot. You must re-evaluate all your plans once you become a parent. It's your duty to protect your community by raising good children.

8. No true friends in gangs of criminals. Two thieves are not best of friends but worst enemies. Their proclamation of love is mere pretence.

9. Deal with trouble at the root stage. Because it becomes impossible when it germinate and grow tall.

10. We must put the community above the self. Only then bribery and corruption can be curbed to the lowest.

Gangs of Lagos is a good movie. Go watch it.

Thanks.

This, right here, is what a movie review is.

Well done.

1 Like

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by flexyrule(m): 6:57am On Apr 09, 2023
I can never spend 15 straight minutes infront of a TV that's showing a Nigerian film.

Never!

Nollywood movies are always predictable.

Sometimes, I even guess what the actors would say next.

It's that bad!

2 Likes

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:57am On Apr 09, 2023
Ketamine9000mg:
Why "Gangs of Lagos "?

We are now behaving like Koreans

well I think Nigerian movie makers should try tell real Nigerian stories and cultures too.. then look out at making biopics out of stories like Kanu nwankwo story... And Many others not so popular too... I watched a Hollywood movie freedom writers which was about how a teacher was able to inspire students in a college with a particular teach-in style...
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by arantess: 7:03am On Apr 09, 2023
Hannaz:
The way this film is everywhere is making me feel that if it's that good then they won't need to gather influencers to promote it. The promotion no be here
Apt

If the promotion is way too much, the product isn't that good
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:05am On Apr 09, 2023
We must always copy the whites. So because they did Gangs of London, you now want to do gangs of Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Sammy07: 7:16am On Apr 09, 2023
Holuwarnipheme:
I’m supposed to view and pass, but I might blame myself for not saying anything. Though my comment isn’t scolding or referring to anyone.

I don’t know why we Nigerians can never be satisfied and appreciative, I could still remember vividly how we used to complain about our Nigeria Yoruba movie, not only Yoruba sef, even African magic/epic. We complained that they were not good with this, we’ve already know the ending of the movie even before it ends….. This and that. Here we’re again, still complaining about the new advanced set of production. Kilode now.

Honestly, it’s not easy to write a story. If you’re a writer, you would understand what I’m trying to say. The Americans we’re always comparing our movies with, spend more than enough in the movies. I even heard that the government there sometimes helps in the production, how many government does that here in Nigeria?? Please let’s try and embrace our stuffs here and appreciate them.

Someone will sit down, think, strategies, and do all sort of things to write a story, production gan sef na another thing. Before you see sponsors and others.

Make unna dey calm down, Nigeria is trying Abeg, despite the difficulties we’re facing. We’re still trying to make it better, so stop all these hatred and annoying comments Biko.

No one should come for me oo lol 😂

But actually the story line no follow at all
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by DWJOBScom(m): 7:38am On Apr 09, 2023
mmadu5:
stupid and useless movie . animalistic actors and actress .i cant watch movies acted by skull miners peter obi haters

This is not good qnd not a nice thing to say
Nigeria is at its lowest point right now in unity so we should encourage whatever promotes a united Nigeria.
This is not a good line
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by thatigboman: 7:48am On Apr 09, 2023
peacettw:
I can see Banky's wife in that poster and that seals it for me. I won't be watching this movie.
the reason I wount watch is because of that stupid boy tobi bbnaija. Very stupid goat.
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by femmy2010(m): 7:49am On Apr 09, 2023
mmadu5:

Trying very hard to understand the basis for this post.

1 Like

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Princeton92(m): 7:51am On Apr 09, 2023
mmadu5:

Me know say you go still watch am laslass
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by OloyeVIII: 7:53am On Apr 09, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:

Is everything okay grin
na una dey give these fvcktards mind... you nor see say this one na dead, person wey dem don trade him future for 2 cups of beans..
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Scose0147(m): 7:55am On Apr 09, 2023
U be mumu 😂😂😂
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by OloyeVIII: 7:57am On Apr 09, 2023
Amount:

Remove hausa from you all childish behaviors, and fight yourselves. Sanyawa mutane ido!
You are replyin someone who thinks a vehicle will travel from Borno to Igboland then Lagos... that alone tells you that person has an IQ of a mosquito.
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by hush15: 8:12am On Apr 09, 2023
Obidients don't need apologies. They need people with reasoning and integrity, honesty and justice. If people continue to give biased, dishonest and deceitful positions, then their ox will be gored.

Over the years, lies upon lies, injustice upon injustice, criminality and corruption has not only been fed to the people but also forced on people to live with it. You can't keep beating a child and not expect it to cry.
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by peacettw: 8:48am On Apr 09, 2023
thatigboman:
the reason I wount watch is because of that stupid boy tobi bbnaija. Very stupid goat.

I completely understand. We all have our pet peeves.
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Hokage001(m): 8:50am On Apr 09, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:

Is everything okay grin

E Reach To Ask O😂😂😂
Cos this one don mad o

Obi supporters🤦
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by 6ixT8: 8:57am On Apr 09, 2023
Me thought it was Gangs of LONDON before clicking it.😩
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by vicfajeze: 9:00am On Apr 09, 2023
Ketamine9000mg:
Why "Gangs of Lagos "?

We are now behaving like Koreans

as how sir?
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Anonymoususher: 9:45am On Apr 09, 2023
Hannaz:
The way this film is everywhere is making me feel that if it's that good then they won't need to gather influencers to promote it. The promotion no be here

I watched the movie today and I rate it so high. Forget the hype, the movie dope. Just like brotherhood but the storyline is more mature.

A typical example of gangsterism in Lagos

1 Like

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Pravedk: 10:08am On Apr 09, 2023
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by BeanX(m): 10:17am On Apr 09, 2023
Holuwarnipheme:
I’m supposed to view and pass, but I might blame myself for not saying anything. Though my comment isn’t scolding or referring to anyone.

I don’t know why we Nigerians can never be satisfied and appreciative, I could still remember vividly how we used to complain about our Nigeria Yoruba movie, not only Yoruba sef, even African magic/epic. We complained that they were not good with this, we’ve already know the ending of the movie even before it ends….. This and that. Here we’re again, still complaining about the new advanced set of production. Kilode now.

Honestly, it’s not easy to write a story. If you’re a writer, you would understand what I’m trying to say. The Americans we’re always comparing our movies with, spend more than enough in the movies. I even heard that the government there sometimes helps in the production, how many government does that here in Nigeria?? Please let’s try and embrace our stuffs here and appreciate them.

Someone will sit down, think, strategies, and do all sort of things to write a story, production gan sef na another thing. Before you see sponsors and others.

Make unna dey calm down, Nigeria is trying Abeg, despite the difficulties we’re facing. We’re still trying to make it better, so stop all these hatred and annoying comments Biko.

Don't mind those stupid people, most of them criticizing the movie can't even create anything. I might not be an ardent Nollywood fan but the movie isn't that bad like the way they are portraying it to be. it might be a copy of gangs of New York that dosen't mean it's bad, Hollywood copy too and even Bollywood so there's nothing there. I saw the movie few days ago on Amazon prime and it might not be the best movie but not certainly the worst. let's try to appreciate Nollywood atleast; if we don't who will?

3 Likes

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Adakintroy: 12:34pm On Apr 09, 2023
No original ideals. Copy copy.

Black always acting like servants even down to ideals.
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by bukatyne(f): 12:51pm On Apr 09, 2023
peacettw:
I can see Banky's wife in that poster and that seals it for me. I won't be watching this movie.

Why?
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Sterope(f): 1:07pm On Apr 09, 2023
I expected more from the story 2/10. It didn't show isale eko/gang vibes I expected.
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by LOVEGINO(m): 1:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:
I watched it last night and it is a 65% copy of the "Gangs of New York" with a mix of Lagos settings.

The movie had good cinematography.
appreciate ur own.
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Sterope(f): 1:23pm On Apr 09, 2023
When you have Saworide, October 1 and Ti Oluwa nile, we can complain every day for the rest of our lives.

The first few scenes of ti oluwa ni le, it showed you who Baba Wande is and even the Oba, it didn't tell. I cannot say the same of most Nollywood Movies today.

Holuwarnipheme:

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by uuzba(m): 3:35pm On Apr 09, 2023
I should use my money to watch Nigerians misbehaving?
I don't need to spend money on that. I'm already surrounded by Nigerians misbehaving in real life, 24/7

What I want to watch is Nigerians behaving well movie.
I will pay full price to watch that one.
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Indifferent12: 10:04pm On Apr 09, 2023
CaveAdullam:
The movie, as well with others like King Of Boys, follow in line in capturing the ugly nature of Lagos state politics and Nigeria at large.

More movies like this will help people become more cognizant of what's going on in their community and nation, and proffer effective ways for change.

As with Nollywood, some scenes were predictable, e.g when Gift shot Kazeem at the end.
Nollywood like their counterpart, Hollywood, giving masculine role to the feminine always make movies less interesting. Watching Gift (Adesua Etomi) fight hardened and tough criminals made the movie had tinctures of caricature. Let men do their thing; ditto for women.

Lessons learnt:

1. Crime is an unending loop once there are myriads of benefits attached.

2. Revenge is a cycle. Only pure justice can stop it.

3. Politicians are only loyal to their bellies and pockets. No matter how loyal you're to them, they'll use you as a pawn to leverage, either to gain more or escape danger.

4. True love never dies. It can be separated, but it keeps burning.

5. Don't taste crime. Once you do, you enter into an interminable tunnel of brief joy and long sorrows.

6. Don't be a pawn on the chessboard of politicians. Deal with them from afar and with wisdom.

7. Being a good parent matters a lot. You must re-evaluate all your plans once you become a parent. It's your duty to protect your community by raising good children.

8. No true friends in gangs of criminals. Two thieves are not best of friends but worst enemies. Their proclamation of love is mere pretence.

9. Deal with trouble at the root stage. Because it becomes impossible when it germinate and grow tall.

10. We must put the community above the self. Only then bribery and corruption can be curbed to the lowest.

Gangs of Lagos is a good movie. Go watch it.

Thanks.
The funny thing about this movie is that the producer is a Tinubu Supporter.
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by MissIndependent(f): 10:36pm On Apr 09, 2023
Where can I watch the full movie please?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock / BBNaija: Cee-C's Father Campaigns For Her On WhatsApp (Photos) / ‘Coming 2 America’: Davido Invited To View His Hollywood Debut Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.