Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,232 members, 7,880,881 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:31 AM

Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! (2797 Views)

Attacks On Buhari: How Pathetic They've Become! By Frisky Larr... Premium Times / What Benue Student Eyes Saw In The Hands Of Benue Politician In Abuja *PATHETIC* / How Pathetic Can Nigeria Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by Nobody: 4:48am On Sep 21, 2011
I have said that GEJ is the most f'ck up president Nigeria will ever have! Since GEJ become president, The West and U.S Have been D-ick-Riding our president. Can someone tell this guy to wake from his slumber. First of all, he lack exposure even before becoming the president.
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by Ngwakwe: 9:31am On Sep 21, 2011
Best foreign policy decision taken by Mr President. Sure
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by Ngwakwe: 9:32am On Sep 21, 2011
Best foreign policy decision taken by Mr President. Sure
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by Rossikk(m): 3:39pm On Sep 21, 2011
donedy said

I have said that GEJ is the most f'ck up president Nigeria will ever have! Since GEJ become president, The West and U.S Have been D-ick-Riding our president. Can someone tell this guy to wake from his slumber. First of all, he lack exposure even before becoming the president.

Stop taking panadol for another man's headache. If an African country were in trouble do you think those Palestinians and Arabs would give a damn, and jeopardise their relations with their partners by supporting your cause?

How many Palestinians or Arabs spoke up against the massacre of blacks in South Sudan by their 'Arab' northern neighbours?

The blacks being massacred in Libya as we speak, how many Palestinians or Arabs have voiced concern??

Abeg make we hear something ojare. Jonathan, you do well.
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by PointB: 3:49pm On Sep 21, 2011
This GEJ of a man is just too smart. He has done it again. For goodness sake what do we intend to benefit from the palestine issue other than making more enemies. Abstaining is the smartest thing to do, the more they call him Odechukwu, the more he delivers the goods. At the risk of sounding bigoted, i guess the Chukwu in the Odechukwu is robbing off positively on him. Gej has got his groove back; and lately I am even more impressed with his move. Another kudos!
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 21, 2011
I agree with Nigeria's stance. There is no need for us to take sides in a conflict which clearly doesn't concern us. Nigeria has traditionally had an Afro-centric foreign policy. Israel and Palestine cannot be said to lie within our sphere of influence, so its really not our business. Better to sit on the fence.
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by Sunofgod(m): 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2011
Just as OBAMA is somebody's B.itch, GEJ is Obama's B.itch.

Do you think he was rigged into power for nothing?

It came at a price - an our inept President is paying the price mainly at the expence of Nigerians but Palestinians are not exempt.
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by KayB: 4:50pm On Sep 21, 2011
And u all think dat will guarantee Nigeria a seat at UN security council: VILLAGE SOLOMONS
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by jumobi1(m): 5:05pm On Sep 21, 2011
Can we vote for or against? Abstaining is just a timid way of voting against PA as a state and PA would not forgive Nigeria for this

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/148118

Israel sees it as a victory cos PA needs all the votes it can get.
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by udezue(m): 5:45pm On Sep 21, 2011
Those Palestinians should have their own state. If they attack Israel after that then Israel will have the right wipe em off the planet. The issues doesn't really concern Nigeria so KUDOS to Goodluck
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by EkoIle1: 5:57pm On Sep 21, 2011
Gone are the days when Nigeria used to fight for and stand with the oppressed,  US or no US, we stood against the rest of the world in support of the ANC in SA, financially, militarily and politically.

What we have today is nothing but a weak, politically ambiguous, pliable and incompetent non nationalistic leaders.
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 21, 2011
donedy:

what is out business with palestine? grin
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by PointB: 6:36pm On Sep 21, 2011
Eko Ile:

Gone are the days when Nigeria used to fight for and stand with the oppressed,  US or no US, we stood against the rest of the world in support of the ANC in SA, financially, militarily and politically.

What we have today is nothing but a weak, politically ambiguous, pliable and incompetent non nationalistic leaders.

Spot on. Tinubu readily comes to mind here.
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 21, 2011
Eko Ile:

I hope you're not classifying the "palestinians" as the "oppressed"? I dont see such enthusiasm for supporting truly oppressed people like the kurds, armenians, south sudanese, somalians e.t.c.
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by EkoIle1: 6:58pm On Sep 21, 2011
davidylan:

I hope you're not classifying the "palestinians" as the "oppressed"? I dont see such enthusiasm for supporting truly oppressed people like the kurds, armenians, south sudanese, somalians e.t.c.

I really don't feel like or have time to dissect, microscope or quantify oppression, oppression is oppression, it's evil and deplorable so trying to discount one over the other is not only simplistic, it's a slap in the face of the same oppressed people.

Opining that the Palestinians are not oppressed with all they've been through and are still going through clearly shows that you either know little or nothing about the Palestinians or you are talking just for the heck of it.

Btw, what's all the other folks you named got to do with the Israelis and the Palestinians?
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 21, 2011
Eko Ile:

I really don't feel like or have time to dissect, microscope or quantify oppression, oppression is oppression, it's evil and deplorable so trying to discount one over the other is not only simplistic, it's a slap in the face of the same oppressed people.

Opining that the Palestinians are not oppressed with all they've been through and are still going through clearly shows that you either know little or nothing about the Palestinians or you are talking just for the heck of it.

Btw, what's all the other folks you named got to do with the Israelis and the Palestinians?

Err what they've been through and still going through like what? Having a dedicated UN funding agency all to themselves to the detriment of all other LEGITIMATE refugees around? Being recipients of the largest amount of aid per capita for the last 20-30 yrs? Continous bombing of jewish school buses and towns? Slashing the throats of sleeping babies?

Yeah i have pity for the "oppressed".

Why didnt these "oppressed" folks seek for a state for the 19 yrs "their land" was in the hands of Jordan and Egypt? They forgot or what?
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by Biggoozz: 7:20pm On Sep 21, 2011
Look @ these troublesome Nigerians o! Can't u guys against GEJ's decision simply reason that that Nig is already seriously religiously biased? If GEJ goes there, and votes for or agains, he will return to face millions of either Xtian or Muslim enemies, or worst still, this nation may enter into even deeper crisis. GEJ, that was smart of u!
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by juman(m): 8:28pm On Sep 21, 2011
In future many world leaders will not attend UN general session, the power is shifting to other countries but US eyes not open.
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by nolongTing: 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2011
What I would like to know is what is dose Nigeria have a consistent, coherent Foreign policy? What a joke.
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by jumobi1(m): 10:03pm On Sep 21, 2011
We should support a Palestine State. One day the tables would turn. Nigeria should have an opinion if we want to be respected. Abstaining is the easy way out.
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by udezue(m): 10:35pm On Sep 21, 2011
unless u people are ready for break up of Nigeria then let GEJ govt cast vote. GEJ's neutral position is what is saving Nigeria but how I wish he will just vote NO so he fasten the wheel of Nigeria's disintegration.

Btw, Nigeria should also support the oppressed Biafrans and let them go.
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by Kobojunkie: 2:48am On Sep 22, 2011
Support a Palestinian state? ROFLMAO!!! We don finish supporting the continuance of a Nigerian-state sef for home?? ROFL grin grin grin grin
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by udezue(m): 3:08am On Sep 22, 2011
LOL @ Kobo
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by mensdept: 3:48am On Sep 22, 2011
jumobi1:

We should support a Palestine State. One day the tables would turn. Nigeria should have an opinion if we want to be respected. Abstaining is the easy way out.

Mr Man, are you 12 or what? Have you ever visited Naija? Are you a half-cast like Majid Michael? My friend forget about adding another muslim state to the world when Boko Haram is getting ready to liquidate your mothers kitchen.

Idiot
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by juman(m): 7:29am On Sep 22, 2011
UN will reduce to status of IMF or world bank in future. UN will just for certain part of the world.

Many leaders of countries will not engage with UN.
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by LoveKing(m): 7:51am On Sep 22, 2011
@op
na people like you be 100% busy body. Dont you think nigeria should start minding her own business and look inwards and start taking care of things back home?
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by emofine(f): 8:10am On Sep 22, 2011
It's not pathetic, it's realistic and feasible.

When someone makes a decision you have to evaluate the factors that are involved.

a) Nigeria's religious composition will be influential to such voting and thus will make it very difficult when voting for or against as it has the potential to become inflammatory in Nigeria . . .

b) As someone has already mentioned there is a religious bias in the country, when Nigeria routinely rotates from a Christian to Muslim president. . .if a Christian Nigerian president was to vote against then a Muslim successor may vote for . . . therefore shifting equilibrium thus our vote could keep on swinging.

c) Nigeria too has her own interests to serve (perhaps the government values her relationship more with Israel . . perhaps) . . . must everything revolve around western interest?
I'm sure if Nigeria had voted in favour of Palestine there will be some suggesting that Nigeria is holding onto the Arabs interest etc. . . . .no?

To me the interests of Nigeria and Nigerians should always always come first . . . we cry when our country doesn't put us first then we moan again when she does . . *sigh*

Well just my little opinion sha and I support GEJ on this one.
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 22, 2011
emofine:

To me the interests of Nigeria and Nigerians should always always come first . . . we cry when our country doesn't put us first then we moan again when she does . . *sigh*

Well just my little opinion sha and I support GEJ on this one.

Best comment here. I wonder what some of the mallams posting without sense here are thinking about. Why should we vote for arab interests? The US buys our oil and we are heavily dependent on the west for aid, infrastructure and others . . . what value is the arab street to us besides exporting al qaeda?
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by seanet02: 5:34pm On Sep 22, 2011
useless GEJ
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by seapoint: 5:46pm On Sep 22, 2011
People here miss the point. Nigeria has already recognized Palestine in 1988.  An Embassy of Palestine exists in Abuja.   Nigeria has no choice but to support the universal consensus on the need to recognize Palestine and admit it to the UN.  From a position of underdog and victim of endless colonization (settlements etc) the palestine negotiation team would be empowered and the US/Israel duo forced to negotiate in good faith rather than building illegal jewish-only roads and colonies in Palestine.  Negotations among asymetrical parties, where one party is 30 times richer and equipped with the worlds most advanced weapons is not negotiations. Its a charade that lasted 20 years. Negotiation parties are at an impasse.

I repeat Nigeria must not contradict its own foreign policy and once more confirm it recognizes Palestinians as a nation worthy of freedom and independence.

Remember Mandela's words: "We will not be free until the Palestinians are free, "
Only free men can negotiate. Palestine and Israel can agree on borders later (on basis of 1967 lines as per Quartet Statememt).
Regards
A Palestinian Christian living in Nigeria
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2011
seapoint:

People here miss the point. Nigeria has already recognized Palestine in 1988.  An Embassy of Palestine exists in Abuja.   Nigeria has no choice but to support the universal consensus on the need to recognize Palestine and admit it to the UN.

palestine was recognized in 1988, why are we recognizing it again?
It has observer status at the UN, what else does it want?
Sorry but Nigeria DOES have a choice . . . to abstain. Wise choice indeed.
There is NO "universal consensus" to recognize palestine . . . the fact that there is an automatic muslim majority willing to vote "yes" on anything islamic does not equate to "universal consensus".
Palestine knows what it needs to do to be accepted to the UN, it rejected than choice in 1948 and continues to reject it today.

seapoint:

From a position of underdog and victim of endless colonization (settlements etc)

1. While the west bank and Gaza were under the jurisdiction of Jordan and Egypt respectively, this was what the PLO said on its founding in 1964 - Article 24. This Organization does not exercise any regional sovereignty over the West Bank in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, on the Gaza Strip or the Himmah Area. Its activities will be on the national popular level in the liberational, organizational, political and financial fields.

2. Israel won the westbank and Gaza in a 1967 war of arab aggression from Jordan and Egypt NOT the PLO.

3. So exactly what "colonization" are you talking about?

4. Settlements by the way consist less than 1% of the entire westbank, 70% of which is uninhabited at present.

seapoint:

the palestine negotiation team would be empowered and the US/Israel duo forced to negotiate in good faith rather than building illegal jewish-only roads and colonies in Palestine.

1. What you mean is that Israel will be forced (by war) to give up its homeland right?

2. By "good faith" you simply mean anything acceptable to murderous arab muslims?

3. What's the problem with jewish-only roads? Gaza is arab only and the West Bank will be declared Judehnrein after tomorrow's farcical vote. Its ok for arabs to cleanse their lands of jews but "illegal" for jews to prohibit arabs from its lands?

seapoint:

Negotations among asymetrical parties, where one party is 30 times richer and equipped with the worlds most advanced weapons is not negotiations. Its a charade that lasted 20 years. Negotiation parties are at an impasse.

1. When the arab party was 30 times richer and equipped with modern weapons in 1948 and 1967, it chose a war of annihilation to drive jews into the sea.

2. Negotiations are at an impasse precisely because arabs dont want any negotiations that will leave Israel remain a jewish homeland.

seapoint:

I repeat Nigeria must not contradict its own foreign policy and once more confirm it recognizes Palestinians as a nation worthy of freedom and independence.

1. What part of our foreign policy has anything to do with palestine?

2. Gaza has independence . . . to build bombs to kill jews with.

seapoint:

Remember Mandela's words: "We will not be free until the Palestinians are free, "
Only free men can negotiate. Palestine and Israel can agree on borders later (on basis of 1967 lines as per Quartet Statememt).
Regards
A Palestinian Christian living in Nigeria

Mandela was a terrorist like Arafat. No difference.
Re: Israeli Success: Nigeria Will Abstain In The Un, How Pathetic! by otokx(m): 12:42am On Sep 23, 2011
GEJ got this one 100%

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes / I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi / Photo: See How PDP Do There Campaign In Northern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.