Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,787 members, 7,948,833 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 11:35 AM

Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn (14196 Views)

Rivers State Lawmakers Confirm 4 Commissioners, In Less Than 24 Hours / Rivers State Lawmakers Visit Port-harcourt Serial Killer / Rivers State Lawmakers Protest Over Collapsing Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by themanderon: 12:12pm On Apr 10, 2023
Look at how the thieves are sharing the collective wealth of the nation yet they claim Nigeria is broke and they cannot pay minimum wage.

1 Like

Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by Krugisback(m): 12:13pm On Apr 10, 2023
daywatcher:

Where was LP before Obi joined?
why you so dumb in as much as obi is the glory of lp he can't be the president and party chairman at the same time smh
Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by MeineMutter: 12:25pm On Apr 10, 2023
Kingpele:
I think democracy should be strapped..is too expensive for a third world country like NIGERIA...because we have the most heartless and wicked political class of the world....

I don talk am before before. Too expensive. We can reduce number of reps drastically and disclose what they earn transparently. We can change the system of government we run.

More than half of what Nigeria generates as revenue is being mauled by few people that are less than 2% of our population.

Revenue Mobilization, Allocation and Fiscal Commission is also culpable.
Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by Princedapace(m): 12:26pm On Apr 10, 2023
k777:
Gross abuse of democracy and tax payers money.

That is why when I see Nairalanders fight over my president must come from my region, oh, this region is a second class, they can't produce president, Bla Bla Bla, I laugh. Becus these politicians are from all the regions and they milk u and I dry while we keep fighting our selves.
Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by daywatcher: 12:28pm On Apr 10, 2023
Krugisback:
why you so dumb in as much as obi is the glory of lp he can't be the president and party chairman at the same time smh

If Obi leaves LP will return to their pre election obscurity so yes he is the most influential person in the party and so he should start directing the house members to lobby for the change that he was preaching. I reiterate you do not have to president to lead by example
Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by hrykanu231(m): 12:28pm On Apr 10, 2023
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Federal-state-lawmakers-to-get-N49bn

And most of the unintelligent masses supporting them, do not end more than $1.5 a day.
They take solace in religion with the hope of getting their reward in heaven, while being continually RAPED with poor policies and corruption by their politicians
Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by IyaTola: 12:59pm On Apr 10, 2023
A friend won under labor party and want to make me a legislative aid, what does it entails
Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by NamelessOGBENI(m): 1:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
jaytimeo:
Am beginning to feel democracy is not an idea that can work ,except politics is not a paid service.
Democracy in Nigeria is a paid service. Reason they'd do everything possible just to get there, the largesse is one of their biggest motivating factor.

The people, I mean the electorates are just needed to help them realize their selfish agenda, more reason, I don't see any Nigeria politician either living or dead as someone worthy of public trust, just bunch of recycled thieves parading as the next best thing.

Change wey dem promise us till date no reach our side o.
Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by matm: 1:30pm On Apr 10, 2023
To save cost, Legislature should be made a part time job with the legislators placed on 30k minimum wage.

1 Like

Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by bencr7: 1:39pm On Apr 10, 2023
See our main(nigeria) problem,no be president.
Nothing go make insult pple again for Nairaland, because some pple still see things that is bad,but still support it.
Thanks God say I done already japa.

1 Like

Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by Timmi: 1:55pm On Apr 10, 2023
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Federal-state-lawmakers-to-get-N49bn

This should be where all Nigerians - youth and adult, LP, APC, PDP should focus their anger and frustration on.

We demand change in the remuneration of these dishonorable honorables looting our collective treasury.

1 Like

Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by highchief1: 2:33pm On Apr 10, 2023
lotkyes200:
This is not the real money ooo else they wont do everything to go earn 250k monthly
lol state houses of assembly members make atleast 7m monthly in oil rich states.a Prado and a hilux.No reps get less than 15m monthly and senators earn about 25m monthly.Even a councilor in my state earns 350k monthly
Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by Goalnaldo(m): 2:38pm On Apr 10, 2023
The article is too long. I got discouraged on the way
Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by Bimpe29: 2:44pm On Apr 10, 2023
Cost of governance is grossly expensive.

1 Like

Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by Bfly: 3:37pm On Apr 10, 2023
Democrazy is not jst the way for Nigeria
Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by DOptical: 4:06pm On Apr 10, 2023
Imagine..

Just look at the amount..

1 Like

Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by Kinzo0917(m): 4:43pm On Apr 10, 2023
Draslo:
As per usual.

Some people will come and say if it was their Messiah for potopoto geo political zone, he would only approve 4.9 million and it would be used judiciously. Hehehehe.
. STFU.. MOST EVERYTHING BE DOWN TO TRIBALISTIC COMMENTS? ARE THOSE SENATORS GIVEN YOU ANY PART OF THEIR MONIES? YOU POOR PEOPLE ARE THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA. DO YOU THINK THIS SENATORS CARE IF YOU EXIST? POVERTY IS TRULY A DISEASE
Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by fijihems: 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2023
Nigerian politics = Dirty money
Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by Kinzo0917(m): 4:50pm On Apr 10, 2023
marlow1962:
Ok good
And yet the yam leggers and skull miners that they are governing are suffering. Instead of joining hands to fight these evil ppl, they are here insulting and bashing themselves.
Later one slowpoke go post em account number for here, say hunger dy finish am. Foolish ppl.

The masses never see anything, this one na second phase of shege

I 100% agree with you. These politicians don't care about us. They dine and wine together. Yet some low level fools here keep insulting themselves as if the politicians will favour them. Poor people eh….

1 Like

Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by Kinzo0917(m): 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2023
hurlar2014:
Quarrel no go Dey this one, both LP APC & PDP go share the loot.
. And some idiots keep insulting their various tribes here as if the politicians will dash them money. These politicians don't care for us. They are for their selfish interest. How I wish @SEUN can sanitize this forum
Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by cartoon1001: 5:01pm On Apr 10, 2023
embarassed
Democracy isn't a good fit for Nigeria; we wasting resources.
Other than military take over, I wonder what can be done to restrain these excesses.
Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by Draslo(m): 5:48pm On Apr 10, 2023
Kinzo0917:
. STFU.. MOST EVERYTHING BE DOWN TO TRIBALISTIC COMMENTS? ARE THOSE SENATORS GIVEN YOU ANY PART OF THEIR MONIES? YOU POOR PEOPLE ARE THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA. DO YOU THINK THIS SENATORS CARE IF YOU EXIST? POVERTY IS TRULY A DISEASE
You don't need to educate me about poverty. I'm giving an instance of how many unlearned Obidients think. They believe anything as long as Peter Obi is there. Thanks to Nigerian hypnotizing pastors. Our Daddy, Yes Daddy. Obi the Chosen One. E dey pain una say him no win and because your pastors are infallible in your eyes, the elections were rigged. If PO was in PDP and won Lagos as he did most APC supporters would have cried really rigging. Don't come and talk to me like na novice you dey follow talk. Even if I'm poorer than you, I get sense pass you.

1 Like

Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by Cromagnon: 7:45pm On Apr 10, 2023
Kingpele:
I think democracy should be strapped..is too expensive for a third world country like NIGERIA...because we have the most heartless and wicked political class of the world....
And Replace with what?
Shebi you have opportunity to run for office or vote them out.
Military rule, na soldiers girlfriends and children go rule you and you no go fit cough
E be like Say small pikin de worry you so you never experience military rule
Anyway me be soja before so none wen no pay me
We go suffer una ehn

1 Like

Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by Cromagnon: 7:49pm On Apr 10, 2023
sotall:
This is the reason your politicians can kill or spend a fortune to win elections because to them politics is like business where you invest to win elections and then after you recoup your investment and more by hook or crook means while in office.

Why then aren't You investing in the biz
Yet expecting dividends
Did bible say you should Siddon look?

Political positions are supposed to be for those who can serve or add value to governance but here its for the buggest crook/rigger or biggest spender.

Learner
Power is for those bold enough to take it
Better stop drinking American kool-aid

One of my friend ten years ago said Nigeria can never move forward or progress, and truly ten years now the country is in a mess than before.
What did you or your friend do to make it better?
Lament on Nairaland?

The future of the country looks bleak.

To you

To those that are wise, they know Nigeria isnt getting better anytime soon

The truly wise know it depends on them not wishful thinking

. Dust your passport and move if you are not a politician or connected to anybody in politics.
If those countries did not fight for their country will you Have anywhere to run to.?
Everyone cannot leave
Most countries are full or Racist

Politics and religion are the only business in Nigeria that sells.
so why not enter the politics instead of crying crocodiletears
Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by Cromagnon: 7:50pm On Apr 10, 2023
WhisperedNoise:
With this salaries, many politicians still steal and defraud the country.

I feel anyone caught stealing should either be jailed for life or executed. They should choose one.
go and catch and jail or execute them na
Since it's by mouth
Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by Cromagnon: 7:50pm On Apr 10, 2023
segzysexy:
These lawmakers are the problem of Nigeria.
who voted them in?

1 Like

Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by WhisperedNoise: 10:13pm On Apr 10, 2023
Cromagnon:
go and catch and jail or execute them na
Since it's by mouth
K
Re: Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn by Judybash93(m): 7:21am On Apr 11, 2023
For a country with a shitton of poor people, this amount is just totally messed up! Why pussy them this much?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets / Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid / Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.