Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,135 members, 7,987,960 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 08:47 PM

University Of Port Harcourt Declares 5 Days To Mourn Late Professor Nimi Briggs - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Port Harcourt Declares 5 Days To Mourn Late Professor Nimi Briggs (974 Views)

Professor Emeritus Nimi Briggs Paid His Dues- Ae-funai Vc / Footprints Of Late Professor Emeritus Nimi Briggs Are Indelible Ae-funai Vc / Mother, Son And Daughter Convoke Together At University Of Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Port Harcourt Declares 5 Days To Mourn Late Professor Nimi Briggs by RiversMirror: 3:05pm On Apr 10, 2023
University of Port Harcourt (UniPort) Declares 5 Days To Mourn Late Professor Nimi Briggs.

Medical expert and former Vice Chancellor of the University of Port Harcourt, Pro-Chancellor of Bayelsa Medical University, Emeritus Professor Nimi Briggs (OON), is dead.

University of Port Harcourt declares 5 days (MONDAY 10- Friday 14 April 2023) of mourning on the death of Professor Nimi Briggs the 5th Vice Chancellor of the University of Port Harcourt 2000-2005

Rivers Mirror also learnt that, all the school flags on campus will fly at half mast.

Condolence register to be opened in the office of the Vice Chancellor, the entrance into senate building and at the College of Health Sciences.

The school has urged all staff, students and stakeholders to pray for the repose of its 5th Vice Chancellor and for strength for his family to remain strong.

God rest the soul of Emeritus Professor Nimi D Briggs and the souls of all the faithful departed in Jesus Mighty name Amen!

Re: University Of Port Harcourt Declares 5 Days To Mourn Late Professor Nimi Briggs by Lingudy(m): 4:37pm On Apr 10, 2023
Rip

1 Like

Re: University Of Port Harcourt Declares 5 Days To Mourn Late Professor Nimi Briggs by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:37pm On Apr 10, 2023
Chai.
This man was at the forefront of the war against Black soot in Port Harcourt.
Re: University Of Port Harcourt Declares 5 Days To Mourn Late Professor Nimi Briggs by wisdomkid: 12:28am On Apr 11, 2023
May his soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: University Of Port Harcourt Declares 5 Days To Mourn Late Professor Nimi Briggs by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 11, 2023
RIP
Re: University Of Port Harcourt Declares 5 Days To Mourn Late Professor Nimi Briggs by sageb: 10:08am On Apr 11, 2023
RiversMirror:
University of Port Harcourt (UniPort) Declares 5 Days To Mourn Late Professor Nimi Briggs.

Medical expert and former Vice Chancellor of the University of Port Harcourt, Pro-Chancellor of Bayelsa Medical University, Emeritus Professor Nimi Briggs (OON), is dead.

University of Port Harcourt declares 5 days (MONDAY 10- Friday 14 April 2023) of mourning on the death of Professor Nimi Briggs the 5th Vice Chancellor of the University of Port Harcourt 2000-2005

Rivers Mirror also learnt that, all the school flags on campus will fly at half mast.

Condolence register to be opened in the office of the Vice Chancellor, the entrance into senate building and at the College of Health Sciences.

The school has urged all staff, students and stakeholders to pray for the repose of its 5th Vice Chancellor and for strength for his family to remain strong.

God rest the soul of Emeritus Professor Nimi D Briggs and the souls of all the faithful departed in Jesus Mighty name Amen!

R. I. P Professor
Unique Uniport will never forget your works.
Re: University Of Port Harcourt Declares 5 Days To Mourn Late Professor Nimi Briggs by sageb: 10:12am On Apr 11, 2023
TheGoodJoe:
Chai.
This man was at the forefront of the war against Black soot in Port Harcourt.

Yes oooo
The Atmospheric hazard have reduced since the clampdown on illegal bunkery activities.

1 Like

Re: University Of Port Harcourt Declares 5 Days To Mourn Late Professor Nimi Briggs by meobizy(f): 5:13pm On Apr 11, 2023
Why didn’t the news make front page here? Nairaland was busy posting Ten Things Nigerian Girls Indulge In On Social Media.

1 Like

Re: University Of Port Harcourt Declares 5 Days To Mourn Late Professor Nimi Briggs by Businext: 11:29am On Apr 18, 2023
meobizy:
Why didn’t the news make front page here? Nairaland was busy posting Ten Things Nigerian Girls Indulge In On Social Media.

Ho cry my sister you have said it all. I was surprised to read that Prof Briggs died exactly last week Tuesday and nairaland did not know or feel that they ought to put it on the FrontPage. What a big error and shame to the mods who knew.

Prof Briggs was a national figure and chaired the report that would have prevented the sickening 8 months ASUU strike that cost an entire session, lives of university staff and students, wasted rents, shut down businesses, forfeited school fees and other calamities Buhari led 2022 8 months strike caused. Of course Gen Buhari didn't know till about September abi?

May God comfort the family and loved ones of now late Prof Nimi Briggs. I met him physically for the first time at the commendation ceremony of late Prof Linus Ajabor sometime last year. Now may their remarkable souls rest in peace.

Life is a journey. We are all in it. So was Elisha and Enoch, so was Moses and Naomi, so was my grandfathers and my father, so was Lazarus and then Jesus Christ Who alone died and resurrected never to die no more. May God grant us all who believe, new life at the resurrection morning after He calls us from this life, through Christ Jesus our Lord, amen. Eternal rest grant unto late Prof Nimi Briggs, and let God's perpetual light shine upon him, amen.
It is well.

#DeathWhereIsThySting
Re: University Of Port Harcourt Declares 5 Days To Mourn Late Professor Nimi Briggs by sageb: 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2023
Businext:

Ho cry my sister you have said it all. I was surprised to read that Prof Briggs died exactly last week Tuesday and nairaland did not know or feel that they ought to put it on the FrontPage. What a big error and shame to the mods who knew.

Prof Briggs was a national figure and chaired the report that would have prevented the sickening 8 months ASUU strike that cost an entire session, lives of university staff and students, wasted rents, shut down businesses, forfeited school fees and other calamities Buhari led 2022 8 months strike caused. Of course Gen Buhari didn't know till about September abi?

May God comfort the family and loved ones of now late Prof Nimi Briggs. I met him physically for the first time at the commendation ceremony of late Prof Linus Ajabor sometime last year. Now may their remarkable souls rest in peace.

Life is a journey. We are all in it. So was Elisha and Enoch, so was Moses and Naomi, so was my grandfathers and my father, so was Lazarus and then Jesus Christ Who alone died and resurrected never to die no more. May God grant us all who believe, new life at the resurrection morning after He calls us from this life, through Christ Jesus our Lord, amen. Eternal rest grant unto late Prof Nimi Briggs, and let God's perpetual light shine upon him, amen.
It is well.

#DeathWhereIsThySting

A great loss
Prof. Nimi Briggs is/was a rare gem in Unique Uniport
I am surprised that the Moderators did not move this news to front page.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2023 Chemistry Practical Aternative B Questions / The First Secret Cult In Nigerian Universities / About University Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.