Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,822 members, 7,876,114 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 10:00 AM

WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor (39617 Views)

Sanwo-olu Submitted Fake Waec Certificate To INEC / Funke Akindele Nominated As Running Mate To Jandor, Lagos PDP Candidate / 2023: Jandor Emerges Lagos PDP Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by phemmyfour: 1:22pm On Apr 11, 2023
Sammy07:
How come?

Can someone check for another person's WAEC result with just scratch card?
yes

All I need is your reg no

You can even print your certificate online now. WAEC has gone digital, making it easier to spot fake results. That's how UK schools identify fake WAEC results

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by pacespot(m): 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2023
Like father like son, like Tinubu like sanwo-olu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by qtx(m): 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2023
Sammy07:
How come?

All you need are the details in the so-called result and the scratch card pin and serial number. So you can.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by 27Pushing30: 1:27pm On Apr 11, 2023
Calibrator:
Who told you that I am partisan?

I am a student of Political Science and this kind of issue falls within my scope of study.
As a Pol Sci, student in your first year you'd have been told "man by nature is a political animal.

Thus the idea of neutrality is a myth and not reality.

You must have who you support.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by Jostoman: 1:28pm On Apr 11, 2023
Saao:
and the deputy will take over
nothing like that o because it is a joint ticket.
Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by IfnobeGod20: 1:29pm On Apr 11, 2023
Christistruth03:

It has Changed
I say stop arguing blindly. Here below are the key changed on the electoral Act.
I know some of you just like arguing off point

Key provisions of Electoral Act, 2022
AUTHOR:
Guest Writer
APRIL 19, 2022 11:32 AM

BY FESTUS OGUN

In February 2022, President Muhammadu Buhari finally signed the much-awaited and somewhat controversial Electoral Act Amendment Bill into law. In this article, we would review some key provisions and innovations of the new electoral law and further conclude on how its implementation would impact Nigeria’s electoral system.

EARLY RELEASE OF ELECTION FUNDS TO INEC
Section 3(3) of the Electoral Act 2022 provides that funds for general elections must be released at least one year before the election. Under the repealed Electoral Act, No 26, 2010, the disbursement of funds for the elections shall be made in accordance with rules set out by the commission.

EARLY CONDUCT OF PARTY PRIMARIES AND SUBMISSION OF CANDIDATES’ LIST
By virtue of Section 29(1) of the Electoral Act, 2022, political parties shall hold a primary and submit the list of candidates not later than 180 days before the date appointed for a general election. Under the repealed law, submission of a list of candidates shall not be more than 60 days before the date appointed for a general election.

Advertisement
CANDIDATES TO SEEK JUDICIAL REVIEW OF FALSE INFORMATION
Section 29(5) of the Electoral Act 2022 provides that only aspirants who participated in a primary election of political parties can approach the federal high court for review where there are grounds to believe that any information given by his political party’s candidate is false. Under the repealed act, any member of the public can challenge a candidate with a forged certificate. That has now been restricted to only aspirants who participated in primaries wherein the candidate with forged certificate emerged. Members of the public cannot challenge a candidate that submits false information to INEC.

LEGITIMISATION OF E-VOTING/TRANSMISSION OF RESULT
Sections 47 and 50(2) of the Electoral Act, 2022 gives legal backing for use of smart card readers, electronic accreditation of voters and any other voter accreditation technology that INEC deploys. Not just that, it gives legal backing to the electronic transmission of result as INEC now has the power to determine the manner(s) of transmission of result. Recall that the commission introduced the result viewing portal in August, 2020. Section 62(2) gives the commission the power to maintain a centralised electronic register of elections for e-collation.

POLITICAL APPOINTEE NOT ELIGIBLE AS VOTING DELEGATE OR ASPIRANT
By virtue of Section 84(12) of the Electoral Act, 2022, anyone holding a political office must vacate the position before he or she can be eligible to participate in a primary election, convention or congress of political parties either as a candidate or as a delegate. This provision only covers political appointees and does not extend to elected political office holders or public officers employed to the public service. Also, the period when they should relinquish the position seems to be immaterial. What is important is that they must have vacated the political appointment before the convention or congress of their party.

Advertisement
VOTERS WITH PHYSICAL DISABILITIES, SPECIAL NEEDS AND VULNERABLE PERSONS
Section 54 of the Electoral Act, 2022 provides that voters with visual impairment and other forms of disability or incapacitation should be assisted at the polling unit by a person chosen by him or her and the commission shall take reasonable steps to ensure these persons are assisted and provided by suitable means of communication such as braille, large embossed print, electronic devices, sign language interpretation, or off-site voting in appropriate cases.

OVERVOTING REDEFINED
Section 51 Electoral Act, 2022 provides that the total number of accredited voters will become a factor in determining over-voting at election tribunals. Thus, where the number of votes cast at an election in any polling unit exceeds the number of accredited voters in that polling unit, the presiding officer shall cancel the result of the election in that polling unit. This is an improvement on the repealed electoral law which provided that the number of registered voters, as opposed to accredited voters, shall be the factor in determining over-voting at election tribunals and only the commission can declare the election at the polling unit as null and void.

REVIEW OF ELECTION RESULTS DECLARED UNDER DURESS
By virtue of Section 65 of the Electoral Act, 2022, INEC can now, within 7 days, review results declared by a returning officer under duress or where such a declaration was made contrary to the provision of the law, regulations and guidelines, and manual for the election. This is without prejudice to the jurisdiction of a court of competent jurisdiction or election tribunal to review the decision of the returning officer.

EARLY COMMENCEMENT OF CAMPAIGN
Section 94 Electoral Act, 2022 provides that campaign shall commence 150 days before polling day and end 24 hours prior to that day. Under the repealed law, political parties have just 90 days before polling day.

DEATH OF CANDIDATE BEFORE OR AFTER POLLS
Where a nominated candidate dies before the date of election, Section 34 of the Electoral Act, 2022 empowers INEC to suspend the poll and fix a new date for the election within 14 days of the death of the candidate.

Similarly, where a nominated candidate dies after the commencement of polls and before the final result and declaration of a winner, INEC is empowered to suspend the election for a period not more than 21 days.

Provided that where it is an election into a legislative House, a fresh primary shall be conducted by the political party of the deceased candidate within 14 days of death.

However, in case of presidential or gubernatorial or federal capital territory area council election, the running mate shall continue with the election and nominate a new running mate.

It is safe to conclude that the new Electoral Act is a timely improvement of the repealed version. Incontrovertibly, its implementation has the potential of sanitizing our polluted political atmosphere, reducing election related litigations and instilling transparency and accountability in the electoral processes.

Festus Ogun is a constitutional lawyer and managing partner at FOLEGAL, Lagos. He can be reached via festusogunlaw@gmail.com

Below is the link
https://www.thecable.ng/review-key-provisions-of-electoral-act-2022/amp

1 Like

Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by casualobserver: 1:31pm On Apr 11, 2023
This jandor is truly an illiterate. Even my school statement of results is not the same as my waec results because as at the time of issue 1 of my subjects had not been released.

That said I blame Sanwoolu and all others who keep submitting waec results when they have higher qualifications…. Just submit your degree! The law says “minimum qualification” not “all qualifications”

3 Likes

Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by DeTribalisedCit: 1:33pm On Apr 11, 2023
Bullionaire:

Imagine this first idiocy that came to your head!

No stupid. Don't take my word for it. See for yourself

https://twitter.com/waecdigitalcert?t=zy7kUPxeaq2R0cM8AMN8DQ&s=09
Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by DeTribalisedCit: 1:36pm On Apr 11, 2023
Victor468:
l
Also, am not sure that as at 1981, recharge cards were in use to check result. So this may be not be true.

WAEC announced recently that they're uploading all certificates irrespective of the year when they launched their digital platform. How far gone they are now is what I can't say.
Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by Xammie001(m): 1:38pm On Apr 11, 2023
Don't Fret because this is baseless and doesn't hold water
press9jatv:
Haaa Sanwo is in deep trouble too 😈😈😈😈😈
Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by frankson1(m): 1:38pm On Apr 11, 2023
onuman:
Whoever is connected to Tinubu can hardly fail to be a fraudulent being.
Obasanjo as president of Nigeria sidelined Tinubu as governor of Lagos State all the years of his tenure in Aso Rock, to the extent that Obasanjo government even denied Tinubu access to Federal allocations of Lagos State local government areas for years.

Even President Buhari sidelined Tinubu for years after Buhari won the 2015 presidential election.

FAKE NEWS.
Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by Dgr8hassiE(m): 1:44pm On Apr 11, 2023
Saao:
The deputy cannot take over becouse it's a join ticket. when San olu is gone so is his deputy and again it's very diffecult to displaced him now.
Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by nedekid: 1:45pm On Apr 11, 2023
onuman:
Whoever is connected to Tinubu can hardly fail to be a fraudulent being.
Obasanjo as president of Nigeria sidelined Tinubu as governor of Lagos State all the years of his tenure in Aso Rock, to the extent that Obasanjo government even denied Tinubu access to Federal allocations of Lagos State local government areas for years.

Even President Buhari sidelined Tinubu for years after Buhari won the 2015 presidential election.
Just imagine this gang having acess to the purse of the country. All of them have k leg.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by Greggdekor007: 1:46pm On Apr 11, 2023
Someone should help me ask Jandor, did he come second or 3rd in the Elections.

so embitters that he was looking for ways to enter Alausa by all means. Someone that is going for the second term has no WAEC results -
I watched the delusional Jandor talking on ARISE and I was ashamed of him. No mention of his total rejection in the Poll, he was busy talking about the APC primary, candidate results, and candidate nominations that he thinks are not done properly.

Knowing quite well that the results are incontestable, he was busy looking for ways to discredit the winner.

People have rejected these guys and their case is going! going!! gone!!!

1 Like

Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by WowSweetGuy(m): 1:47pm On Apr 11, 2023
Nigeria judiciary system is bullshit except they can redeem themselves by installing Obi come may 29th
Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by GboyegaD(m): 1:47pm On Apr 11, 2023
Zico5:
Nigeria and fake news are like 5 and 6. So sanwoolu did not pass waec again. How did he pass through university unnoticed cos it was compulsory then to do verification of results before u graduated from university. Calamity shall never arise again.

Unfortunately, your reprobate mind has difficulty with comprehension. Ask someone around you to explain the original post to you.
Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by Rokmod1234: 1:51pm On Apr 11, 2023
And in your wildest dreams you think this nonsense can Stand? Labourers and their brothers will continue to whine in pains and tears.
Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by Enemyofpeace: 1:51pm On Apr 11, 2023
Saao:
for where?
Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by IfnobeGod20: 1:52pm On Apr 11, 2023
casualobserver:
This jandor is truly an illiterate. Even my school statement of results is not the same as my waec results because as at the time of issue 1 of my subjects had not been released.

That said I blame Sanwoolu and all others who keep submitting waec results when they have higher qualifications…. Just submit your degree! The law says “minimum qualification” not “all qualifications”
The certificate you have before the final result was released is invalid. If you continue using the incomplete result, that's forgery because your complete result had been released and updated. There is no way you will find that incomplete with WAEC again.
That said, remember statement of result is only tenable for some months or one year. I can just remember now. Using statement of result in lieu of original you're undoing yourself and you will fall in the pothole as SanwoOlu.
Now can you see that you're the real educated illiterate. You get at Jandor for capitalizing on the error of SanwoOlu and still went on at the second paragraph to scold SanwoOlu for doing the wrong thing. Where lies your knowledge? I was expecting to read, that Jandor is chasing shadows because his petition is untenable but nothing like that.
Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by casualobserver: 2:19pm On Apr 11, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

The certificate you have before the final result was released is invalid. If you continue using the incomplete result, that's forgery because your complete result had been released and updated. There is no way you will find that incomplete with WAEC again.
That said, remember statement of result is only tenable for some months or one year. I can just remember now. Using statement of result in lieu of original you're undoing yourself and you will fall in the pothole as SanwoOlu.
Now can you see that you're the real educated illiterate. You get at Jandor for capitalizing on the error of SanwoOlu and still went on at the second paragraph to scold SanwoOlu for doing the wrong thing. Where lies your knowledge? I was expecting to read, that Jandor is chasing shadows because his petition is untenable but nothing like that.

My friend the last time I used my statement of results was decades ago to get into university. There is nothing in life that will will require me to dig out my waec results or statement of results…… and that is my point!! Why do these politicians keep courting controversy when the law does not require you submit your waec results…..you don’t even need to submit your 1st degree if you have an advanced degree like a pg diploma, a masters degree or a phd. All you need is one certificate that satisfies the law. In fact if you have qualifying work experience, the law does not require you to have or submit ANY certificate.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by Dchampion65: 2:20pm On Apr 11, 2023
Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by gidgiddy: 2:23pm On Apr 11, 2023
Saao:

No, not if Sanwo-Olu is disqualified
Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by 27Pushing30: 2:27pm On Apr 11, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Young man, stop arguing blindly criminal case has no time line. It's a case of forgery, which is criminal in nature and it falls within the Administration of Criminal Justice Act content. Criminal act can be taking up at any time.

If na criminal case then you need to strip such person of his immunity. i.e the person has to step down from the office... and guess what? his deputy takes over.

Abeg, if you ain't a lawyer ask lawyers.

Criminal complaints are not within the jurisdiction of Elections PETITIONS Tribunal.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by silvercute(m): 2:28pm On Apr 11, 2023
Sammy07:
How come?

How does your UK and US universities verify your results🤗
Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by sniperr007(m): 2:30pm On Apr 11, 2023
DeTribalisedCit:
Considering how problematic the digitalisation of WAEC certificates have been, this could also pass for being an error of omission by WAEC as it could also be fake.
Have you or anyone close to you experienced challenge checking waec online?
Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by abbey621(m): 2:34pm On Apr 11, 2023
Another waste of judicial resources.....When was Sanwo's first term election? 2019! When was the Electoral Act passed? 2022! Case dismissed!
Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by baysol: 2:34pm On Apr 11, 2023
DeTribalisedCit:

https://gazettengr.com/waec-scratch-card-confirms-sanwo-olu-submitted-fake-gce-result-to-inec-pdp-jandor/
World number one developer liars extraordinaire. These unrepentant, sly, presky foxes from the east must be shown the door from south west in their entirety. all these pretence to be moving to the east can only fool no one but themselves. As una don dig the certificate matter abeg make una go bring una chinedu to come become governor now. When the time comes, push will become shove. Time they say will tell.
Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by delpee(f): 2:41pm On Apr 11, 2023
Boom time for lawyers. E ku igbadun. grin
All kinds of funny allegations will come up just to ensure that cases go to court.
Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by DeTribalisedCit: 2:53pm On Apr 11, 2023
sniperr007:

Have you or anyone close to you experienced challenge checking waec online?

Yeah sure. I followed the digitisation process closely at the launch and it was and still is plagued with issues. You can visit their twitter handle.

It will be a fatal flaw to build a case based on their online protocol only to see a physical proof later.
Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by Freebills12: 2:59pm On Apr 11, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
Sammy07:
How come?

Why not if you have the necessary information like your exam number/centre number...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by Freebills12: 3:05pm On Apr 11, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
Zico5:
Nigeria and fake news are like 5 and 6. So sanwoolu did not pass waec again. How did he pass through university unnoticed cos it was compulsory then to do verification of results before u graduated from university. Calamity shall never arise again.

Stop insulting yourself! When did internet/computerization of result start? Dont you know that used testimonial to enter university? Even now in computer age some use awaiting result to enter university!
Re: WAEC Scratch Card Confirms Sanwo-Olu Submitted Fake GCE Result To INEC - Jandor by Zico5(m): 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

Stop insulting yourself! When did internet/computerization of result start? Dont you know that used testimonial to enter university? Even now in computer age some use awaiting result to enter university!
Maybe those mushroom schools in south east but in south west here. You won't graduate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

You Acted Like An Errand Boy: Court Dismisses Keyamo's SPV Suit Against Atiku / Zamfara: Military Airstrikes Can't Kill Us, We Get Information Ahead Of Attack / Buhari Is Not A Nigerian - Professor Soremekun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.