Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,136 members, 7,967,209 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 01:54 PM

A Food For Thought Before Buying Naija Used Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Food For Thought Before Buying Naija Used Car (10292 Views)

How Do I Avoid Buying Naija Used Stolen Vehicle?? / Buying Naija Used Car, Should I Do Engine Flush Or Not? / ***how To Check Automatic Transmission Before Buying A Used Car*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Food For Thought Before Buying Naija Used Car by blank(f): 9:39am On Sep 23, 2011
I think it is based on the maintenance of the car. Let me give an example. I know someone who got a brand new 2007 Honda Accord fullest option as an official car in 2008. He has 3 cars already in his garage. He uses the car in Abuja to go to his office which is 20 mins away and back home. Weekends, he uses his other cars. He drives himself and is a careful driver. All servicing is done at Honda's Place.

This is 2011 and he wants to sell. The car has done barely 15,000km. Everything is almost new. If he wants to sell it, how much should he sell it? I will go for this kind of Naija used car as i know the history rather than the Tokunbo from wherever.
Re: A Food For Thought Before Buying Naija Used Car by femmy2010(m): 9:54am On Sep 23, 2011
blank:

I think it is based on the maintenance of the car. Let me give an example. I know someone who got a brand new 2007 Honda Accord fullest option as an official car in 2008. He has 3 cars already in his garage. He uses the car in Abuja to go to his office which is 20 mins away and back home. Weekends, he uses his other cars. He drives himself and is a careful driver. All servicing is done at Honda's Place.

This is 2011 and he wants to sell. The car has done barely 15,000km. Everything is almost new. If he wants to sell it, how much should he sell it? I will go for this kind of Naija used car as i know the history rather than the Tokunbo from wherever.

I can buy same any day,but how many peeps know the history of the 9ja used vehicle they are buying?
I am not saying buying a 9ja used car is not good but one should be careful not to buy a timed bomb(9ja killed car) with ones hard earned cash.
Re: A Food For Thought Before Buying Naija Used Car by zhukafa(m): 10:12am On Sep 23, 2011
I would advice you use a scantool to detect the engine, airbag, Abs and transmission.After then you do a physical examination on the body (this applies to both tokumbo and nigerian used). For buyers in portharcourt, i can help you check the care for FREE before you pay the seller. If you need the assistance for NO KOBO, (but the car should be from 96 model up wards). call 07064856445.
Re: A Food For Thought Before Buying Naija Used Car by Duke007(m): 12:51pm On Sep 23, 2011
Interesting post no doubt.l opined that there tokunbo car can also b fault prone as any nigerian used.For example,ln 2007,my boss bought a C-class mercedez and les than  2month later,d brainbox was faulty and we had to replace it wit =N=600,000.00.I think it all boils down on being lucky or not
Re: A Food For Thought Before Buying Naija Used Car by indmix: 2:11pm On Aug 31, 2012
Thanks for the info. Its really a food for thought before you leap into the unknown.
Re: A Food For Thought Before Buying Naija Used Car by Afrocatalyst: 7:44am On Sep 02, 2012
I think it depends on the how the car was used. Carry out a thorough inspection before buying.
Re: A Food For Thought Before Buying Naija Used Car by pomotunde(m): 7:46am On Feb 25, 2013
From my experience, the following are what I would look at in a used car b/4 I buy it:
1. Physical apperance
2. Inside the car: (MILAGE),Dashboard, seats
3. Is the car leaking oil?
4. The engine-Like how does the engine looks?
5. Crank the car and listen to the sound of the car.
6. The headlight, R & L Hand Signals
7. The hood of the car. Does it close properly or not
8. Brake lights and brakes
9. Finally, the condition of the Windshield: Broken or intact.

I won't buy any car if I have an issue with any of the above. The asking price should be a red flag to you without testing the car. Have your eyes opened wide and beware of 419

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Secret Services’ Best Kept Secret? The Chevrolet Suburban / Mercedes Benz Parent Company,daimler Planning To Split Into 3 Separate Companies / Teaching Your Wife How To Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.