Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,775 members, 7,930,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 01:31 AM

Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises (46725 Views)

Nigeria Barred From 2022 US Visa Lottery / Arik Air To Be Renamed Nigeria Eagle / No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by thesicilian: 4:28pm On Apr 11, 2023
This is one of my biggest fears when it comes to business: you work so hard to set up a company from scratch and when it becomes super successful someone else will just take over the place and even your staff you employed will be the one stopping you from entering the premises
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Naz34(m): 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2023
Urheadmaster:
Until them banned tinubu from entering Aso rock that is when I'll believe this story
mugu unlimited. U go wail tire.

2 Likes

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by sodeide2013: 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2023
What is he going to do there? What is he and the wife looking for if not trouble. The company is right to bar him.

2 Likes

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by tohbank(m): 5:10pm On Apr 11, 2023
He should gettat. They borrow very high with little or no collateral. He fails to pay and AMCON comes with my tax money to save his company and he is using connection to get court induction. If na me dem go borrow me 100k?

4 Likes

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Halbashir: 5:21pm On Apr 11, 2023
this is how we will stop kefas from office in Taraba
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Ikaeniyan0: 5:23pm On Apr 11, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Aww, I dearly feel sorry for him. I hope he repossesses his property.
Why are you feeling sorry for him?

A man who borrowed money and didnt pay back?
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Reference(m): 5:32pm On Apr 11, 2023
The way Nigeria is exposed to foreign creditors you just wonder if our President will be barred from the Villa one of these days..... just thinking.
Credit is not all good. It has real downsides no matter how well intended. Honour for one is the first to go.
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Rechargeam247(f): 5:33pm On Apr 11, 2023
Naija for show grin
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by TheATM: 5:34pm On Apr 11, 2023
Urheadmaster:
Until them banned tinubu from entering the Aso rock, that is when I'll believe this story
I know that TINUBU is the only problem you people are having.If you don't mention his name in a day or give negative comments about him,you will not be okay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by gare(f): 5:34pm On Apr 11, 2023
Spaxon:
In as Much as he's in debt.

The creditors are behaving rudely.

It's painful to witness something of this sort

How do you want them to behave? People that collected bank loans to supply your company and still can't pay back the loans should behave nicely, when he should be in jail for not managing the company well

2 Likes

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Ikaeniyan0: 5:37pm On Apr 11, 2023
thesicilian:
This is one of my biggest fears when it comes to business: you work so hard to set up a company from scratch and when it becomes super successful someone else will just take over the place and even your staff you employed will be the one stopping you from entering the premises
Do not borrow loans and even if you wan go public, make sure you hold majority of the shares.

If you have less than 50% shares, you can be remove by the shareholders.

Don't go public like Mike Adenuga

I have no pity for men like Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide the founder of Arik Air
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by thesicilian: 5:40pm On Apr 11, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Do not borrow loans and even if you wan go public, make sure you hold majority of the shares.

If you have less than 50% shares, you can be remove by the shareholders.

Don't go public like Mike Adenuga
That actually makes a lot of sense
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by ComeToJesus: 5:41pm On Apr 11, 2023
Kudos to Air Peace. The way the guy runs the company without strangling debts is commendable.

Arik was a shining star until their finances went red.

Ibom Air is also promising..

1 Like

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by JaskanFactor: 5:48pm On Apr 11, 2023
maybe the Europeans that run Nigeria dont want him running a promising business.
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Ashirioluwa: 6:14pm On Apr 11, 2023
Nandoife:
An unfair treatment if you ask me

What do you expect when a businessman unable to pay his creditors
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by BlackKafka: 6:32pm On Apr 11, 2023
Spaxon:
In as Much as he's in debt.

The creditors are behaving rudely.

It's painful to witness something of this sort

Can an errant Debtor have any honour in front of his Creditor?
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by fabolouz1(m): 6:49pm On Apr 11, 2023
I,am shocked at the way arik has gone . It was the best airline then and was the first to introduce brand new jets.
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by 2mch(m): 7:56pm On Apr 11, 2023
fabolouz1:
I,am shocked at the way arik has gone . It was the best airline then and was the first to introduce brand new jets.
People start business and immediately start borrowing to live a fake life or eat all their profits. It take a long time to get Return on Investment sometimes but a lot of people only get into business to chop money. Not to grow or maintain the business. They steal and mismanage borrowed money which is like hanging yourself. You must eventually pay it back. So better to use it and make money off it, instead of eating it.

1 Like

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by tonyashburton: 8:19pm On Apr 11, 2023
This guy wrecked the airline with his greed and still wants to be part of the show.
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by SonofGod231: 9:52pm On Apr 11, 2023
This same Arik could no more pay up for simple aviation fuel....He should go and Sidon one side. Though the fear of GTB is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by question(m): 10:30pm On Apr 11, 2023
Arik Air was started with embezzled funds of rivers state through former governor Peter odili from 2000- 2003
Arumeni-Johmson connived with odili big time.

Proverbs 20:17 KJV
Bread of deceit is sweet to a man; but afterwards his mouth shall be filled with gravel.
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Dchair2: 6:01am On Apr 12, 2023
Flier:
Any judge who favour him should be removed from position and jailed
Loan defaulters are group of the people destroying this country.

Unfortunately courts have to decide based on what the law says and how the lawyers are able to present and defend their brief in court. So saying any Judge that favour him "should be removed from position and jailed" is wrong. Cases in court should not be determined based on favours
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Dchair2: 6:06am On Apr 12, 2023
Kobicove:

How is it unfair?

Do you even have any idea the scale of the debt this guy owes?

And do you have any idea how your thieving politicians looted and destroyed the economy making businesses run into huge debts because projections could not be met due to the constant failing economy?
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Dchair2: 6:10am On Apr 12, 2023
[quote author=Ikaeniyan0 post=122449111]Why are you feeling sorry for him?

A man who borrowed money and didnt pay back? [/quote

One wonders if your thieving politicians had not ruined the economy making it so difficult for so many businesses, firms etc to meet their projections financially, would they not have been able to meet up on loans taken etc?
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Dchair2: 6:19am On Apr 12, 2023
gare:

How do you want them to behave? People that collected bank loans to supply your company and still can't pay back the loans should behave nicely, when he should be in jail for not managing the company well
And how did you arrive at the conclusion that he did not manage the company well? Oga many factors could have landed that company in it's present predicament. Most companies are failing today in Nigeria, many are merely struggling, even government owned coys are experiencing the same, and your CBN could not afford printing monies of good quality the last time it tried, and all these and more are simply because your thieving politicians have looted and destroyed the economy, making it so hard for many to meet up their projections financially, hence many shutting down due to heavy indebtedness and difficulty in paying back loans
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Dchair2: 6:28am On Apr 12, 2023
2mch:

People start business and immediately start borrowing to live a fake life or eat all their profits. It take a long time to get Return on Investment sometimes but a lot of people only get into business to chop money. Not to grow or maintain the business. They steal and mismanage borrowed money which is like hanging yourself. You must eventually pay it back. So better to use it and make money off it, instead of eating it.

It's true though, but this is not always the case. Yes there are people who do that, but one must also take into consideration when financial projections fail, due to a badly managed economy by government. A mismanaged economy, constantly changing policies, etc all these and more also have gotten many businesses into huge debts, others have completely shut down while a few others are just merely struggling to stay afloat and yet some others operating at loss hoping that some miracle would happen etc
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by Ikaeniyan0: 6:38am On Apr 12, 2023
[quote author=Dchair2 post=122458032][/quote]Is there thread about Politicians?

What the hell is wrong with some of you people on nairaland sef? Most of you guys here are fraustrated

This thread is about a man who borrowed a large amount of money and refuse to pay,

I have no pity for people who misuse public funds. If not for the Govt that for buy back this debt, almost all the banks in Nigeria would have collapse by now

1 Like

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by themanderon: 8:07am On Apr 12, 2023
Ignorance of the law is now an excuse in the new Nigeria under APC.
Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by ccollins(m): 3:16pm On Apr 12, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
Took it once from NY from Nigeria...never again. One of the most useless airline.. I am not even sure I feel like sharing the experience
Share your experiences

Re: Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises by MasterTeeUSA: 3:58pm On Apr 12, 2023
I wanted to support a Nigerian airline, and it was a bit cheaper because it flies direct from NYC JFK to Nigeria. I took a bus from the Washington DC area on a return ticket only to get to NYC, go through the airport wahala only to be told that there is a delay...then they later came and said the plane is not flying that night. After lots of drama that we have been there since afternoon and its almost late in the evening, they decided to give us coupon for food.

Then I was told that a bus will take us to the hotel. The bus came after like 30 mins only to be told that they only requested for 1 or 2, so I had to wait for people to board and return before I could get on the bus...might have been the 3rd or 4th return. They initially told us to go back home, and I told them I came from a state 3-4 hours away, I cant just go home. The bus took us to the hotel, only for the hotel to tell us that they already told the airline that they are fully booked and they dont know why they still brought more people. We sat in the lobby trying to figure out what to do. [/b]We called their customer service, and it was closed for the night. Why would you close your customer service line knowing the situation on the ground? The hotel finally asked if we would share rooms...and started [b]putting 2 couples in one room...so 1 couple will sleep on a bed and likewise the other couple...couples that don't know each other sharing the same room and possibly undressing.

For us single people...they put 4 guys in one room, so 2 guys had to share 1 bed. [/b]Some were recording all the ordeals with a plan to sue Arik Airline...I knew it was a waste of time. In the morning, we dressed...we were told bus will pick up to the airport...we got to the airport around 10am and still the plane did not leave until hours later. They gave us one coupon for food.. I guess they assumed we had breakfast at the hotel.

Returning back, same delay.. [b]plane was to leave in the morning, the plane didn't leave until like 3pm
. By the time I got to JFK, it was after midnight and the last bus to my state had left. I had to wait in the bus station till 5-6am with bags before I could board the next bus. That was when I knew I would never ever fly them again, and that it was just a matter of time before they went under. They don't fly into US anymore...and if they did, they would never see me buy a ticket even if they fly all new aircrafts. They did not respect us as passengers, and they treated us like crap...I know they would not have treated Europeans like that. So, they clearly do not need my money.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! / Burial Photos Of Ahmadu Chanchangi, Chairman Chanchangi Airlines / What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.