Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,523 members, 7,968,454 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 07:41 AM

Why Do Nigerians Worship These Men With Obsession As God? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Nigerians Worship These Men With Obsession As God? (294 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? / How Do Nigerians Create Onlyfans Account When They Do Not Support Nigeria / An Open Question To Christians Who Consider Jesus Christ As God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Worship These Men With Obsession As God? by cyntaenese: 5:24am On Apr 12, 2023
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_1QuGVZYag&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="[/flash]

According to an article by Premium Times of Nigeria, Nigerians are by nature deeply religious people. I stumbled on the curated YouTube video above which claims to reveal 100+ politically influential Nigerian men of God with mega-churches and the questions I have in mind is; "are these men of God or servants of religion in Nigeria? And if they are (or not), why do Nigerians love to worship these men?

Why do Nigerians still hold onto acclaimed spiritual or religious beliefs becoming highly susceptible to indoctrination and religious discrimination? The universal conviction that there is a person or something that is responsible for their existence in this world and that is worthy of their prayers, worship, and veneration persists regardless of their degrees of education or intelligence.

Being the opium of the people, religion is undoubtedly one of the most organized and successful types of legal dishonesty. And this opportunity is being seized by any individual who claims to be called by God and are benefiting from it economically, politically, and socially.

On his epic album, Suffering and Smiling, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, a blood relative of Wole Soyinka (through the latter's mother, Grace Eniola, a descendant of J.J. Ransome Kuti of the Kuti family in Abeokuta), crooned melodiously: "Suffer suffer for world, amen/enjoy for heaven, amen." He sang, "Archbishop na miliki/Pope na enjoyment/Imam na gbaladun," which blasted religious hypocrisy and credulity.

Do you consider any of the above-listed men of God in the YouTube video as existentially real or fake or who among them do you consider a true man (or men) of God? Do you have any experience with any of these men you can share or do you believe that there is any true man of God in Nigeria? How can you help anyone identify a true man of God?

According to another article on Daily Post Nigeria, "Most persons who call themselves pastors or men of God are not, according to Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, a former National President of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, because they were not initially called by God"

What is your take?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Worship These Men With Obsession As God? by madampresh(f): 5:33am On Apr 12, 2023
It can never be me.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Worship These Men With Obsession As God? by Bahamas95(m): 5:47am On Apr 12, 2023
Count me out!

I don't worship any human no matter who you claim to be. I've noticed most Nigerian wives respect their pastors more than their husbands.

They call their husbands by name as if they were the chairlady at his naming ceremony but call pastors daddy/papa...... Another annoying thing is that some of these women are even older than the pastors.

A young lady that gets married to a pastor becomes mummy/mama overnight, nonsense!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Worship These Men With Obsession As God? by orisa37: 7:37am On Apr 12, 2023
THEY ARE ANOINTED LIKE PAUL THE APOSTLE.

(1) (Reply)

Female Teacher Fight Student For Slapping Her (video) / How To Connect Your Electric Cooker Without Payinf No One / Three Crowns Milk Sustains Fitness Culture With ‘everybody Is Welcome’ Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.