Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,684 members, 7,935,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 07:09 PM

Lagos Tenancy Law - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Tenancy Law (232 Views)

Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? / The New Lagos Tenancy Law:who Does It Favour Most? The Lanlord Or The Tenant? / The New Lagos Tenancy Law:who Does It Favour Most? The Lanlord Or The Tenant???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Tenancy Law by daniwise(m): 9:47am On Apr 13, 2023
Good morning fellow Nairalanders.I will be very brief and straight to the point.So my former apartment was sold and I saw shege trying to get another comfortable one.I was able to pay for one sometimes around August last year.Before I paid,I asked the landlord if he was not going to sell the house anytime soon and he gave me assurances.To my greatest shock,he called me yesterday to inform me that he already sold the house.House wey I never spend seven months o!!!he said he will refund six months rent and give the tenants three months to look for another apartment.Im so confused and in shock.Please I need your candid advice.
Re: Lagos Tenancy Law by Obafisenco(m): 10:07am On Apr 13, 2023
daniwise:
Good morning fellow Nairalanders.I will be very brief and straight to the point.So my former apartment was sold and I saw shege trying to get another comfortable one.I was able to pay for one sometimes around August last year.Before I paid,I asked the landlord if he was not going to sell the house anytime soon and he gave me assurances.To my greatest shock,he called me yesterday to inform me that he already sold the house.House wey I never spend seven months o!!!he said he will refund six months rent and give the tenants three months to look for another apartment.Im so confused and in shock.Please I need your candid advice.
We're there any signed Tenancy agreement between you both ?
Were u given receipt of payment and how long the rent is on the receipt ?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tenancy Law by daniwise(m): 10:43am On Apr 13, 2023
Obafisenco:

We're there any signed Tenancy agreement between you both ?
Were u given receipt of payment and how long the rent is on the receipt ?

I paid for 1 year .I paid in August last year.we did not sign tenancy agreement

(1) (Reply)

Victoria Island, Ikeja And Lekki Sales. / Old School SHOWER ENCLOSURE / TO LET Newly Built Modern 4 Bedrooms Detached Duplex (self Compound) All Tiled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.