Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,404 members, 7,950,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 04:25 AM

So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? (15049 Views)

What Happens When The Girl You Are Spending Money On Got Married. Pics / Guys Fix This First Before Spending Money On Ladies --( Pics) / See The Latest Lie In Town To Avoid Spending Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by silibaba: 12:12pm On Sep 22, 2011
this rukiatu fit be mineral-girl and ur guy dey ,dey buy u smirnooff ice grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by pendo89(f): 12:17pm On Sep 22, 2011
What a topic full of generalisations. I have come to my own conclusion.

>>There are men who just love to spend on women. The loaded who believe that money is the door to everything and would never allow a woman to spend a dime while they date. Unfortunately these are the same men who come here crying fowl when things fall apart.
Please go ahead and milk your accounts to please but please spare us the goldiggers threads.

>>We have those who suffer inferiority complex and would go to any length including selling their Dad's bikes to please a girl. If you are silly enough to do such a thing who do you blame? I have lots of respect for men who are themselves and have no shame accepting their situation. We can always work something out.

>>Then we have the other smart men who believe a relationship is about sharing. This is the group I love,my friends.They don't feel intimidated if the woman decides to treat them every now and then.It takes a sober and mature man to handle this sort or relationship.
This kind of man will not take loan/steal /sweat to please a lady.He will allow the lady to take charge when things are not so okay with him and VV.
There's no looking down on @ other because the relationship is not based on 'if or not u spend on me' but mutual respect,sharing, love and understanding.
When we are both broke we stay indoors and eat popcorns as we watch movie and laugh our lack away as we wait for a sunny day.

Now I know that people derive satisfaction doing all sorts of things and some women feel elevated when they have the type 1 kind of man. No problem with that. Just do it fully aware that this is not a marriage but dating stage so everything spent at this stage is a risk.

Is it wrong to spend money on woman? Of course NO! Neither is it wrong to spend money on Man I love. Try to balance it.

But spending is such a broad word lemmie break it.

Rents/Fees>> These are parents and relatives responsibilities,but if the dude is philanthropic enough,God bless him but DO NOT demand. Hes only your lover not hubby.
Personal stuff >> You are a lady! learn to take care of your personal needs.
Dinners/Outings/Movies/Shopping >> Share,share. Do not demand, but If he INSISTS on shouldering everything? allow him to. Its good for a lady to have money with her everytime they go out. Its back up.

My kind of man is the one we share everything together because that to me a balanced not lop sided relationship.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Sacarstic: 12:18pm On Sep 22, 2011
@Poster, there is nothing wrong in spending your hard earned $$$$$$ on a woman, What is wrong is why do we women feel that once they are in a relationship it is the prerogative of the man to spend on them? They make themselves look like weaker vessels a position they will later turn around to challenge, It should be vice versa, women should learn how to take care of themselves without relying on the man and shower the man with good gifts and watch the reciprocation. As for me the moment  you begin to make those demands i am off.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 22, 2011
its ik:

pls, am sorry I came into this very late. I once dated this chick, am a good fan of spendind on your chick. I use to spend my last on her,up to the extent dat I borrow on few occassions "if need be" to solve her problems.
But peepz, do u know the funny thin there, wen I was dating her, I wasn't that bouyant as I was now, but I met her demands. If she has 5problems dat money will solve, I try to solve at least 3 or 4. Sometimes all. But do u know one thin I noticed about this gurl, her problems were on unendind, insatiable, infact there was this problem she had dat she needed a 100,000. I tried to raise 54,000 naira for her but still. Wow. She doesn't say or see anythin good. About me, she really loves u wen there is a problem u will solve for he. The sex, I don't knw how many times of recent we had it. To say thank u, a problem.
I helped this gurl with her school exams, thought her even had to write some exams for her, finally she came out with a 2.1,but it nothin for her, she tells me that is not other gurls boyfriends dat give them up to 100,000 or 150,000 naira dat am here saying she's too demanding. We broke up
Now thins are far better for me now, and she has seen it . She wants to come back.

That is why I said its not good to be spending on your gurl like dat, cos at a time u become an atm machine or a problem solving factory. Not considering if this guy has his own problems facing him.
I think this is my reason. Though I will buy them presents, but not like I did b4 wit my ex, cos I was crazy. Even though I didn't have much then.
Yours is a different case my man! You did not know when and where to draw a damned line in your spending! You were so eager to please her. You even went as far as borrowing to please her! What the HELL is that supposed to mean? angry Why wont she consider you as an ATM machine? Or her cash cow? When you, as a man could not put her thinking faculties on a more trajectory plane when she makes some foolish unnecessary & unwarranted demands! Dont you know how to say NO? Or should i ask if the word NO was erased from your vocabulary? I dont tolerate momentary acts of discombobulation from my partner! Thank God all men are not like You! NEXT!!! angry
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by MrCork17: 1:00pm On Sep 22, 2011
Why must you spend moiney on a woman who don’t give you punnny? RUBBBISH!! angry
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 22, 2011
In Nigeria spending money on  a girl has taken on a whole new dimension.It would be the guy who would shoulder the woman"s financial burden such that the youngman becomes a second parent to the girl.He would be the one paying for her school fees,house rent,feeding allowance,clothes and what have you and yet the guy would be unable to feed himself judging from the current poverty rate in Nigeria.Maybe this could explain why so many young men in nigeria are into armed robbery and yahoo yahoo business.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 22, 2011
In Nigeria spending money on  a girl has taken on a whole new dimension.It would be the guy who would shoulder the woman"s financial burden such that the youngman becomes a second parent to the girl.He would be the one paying for her school fees,house rent,feeding allowance,clothes and what have you and yet the guy would be unable to feed himself judging from the current poverty rate in Nigeria.Maybe this could explain why so many young men in nigeria are into armed robbery and yahoo yahoo business.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by MrCork17: 1:12pm On Sep 22, 2011
Tom Tom. Bro. So u into Arm robbery becoz you need to impress a girl?
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nayah(f): 1:13pm On Sep 22, 2011
^^ Hi TOM, why don't you try to talk to your women having pedadogic conversation and blaming your own side  as men thinking stopping showing off your "wealth" this spendind things will end or improve when both side would have accept their mistakes
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 22, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Tom Tom. Bro. So u into Arm robbery becoz you need to impress a girl?
You are always out of point.Did i mention in any of my post that i was into armed robbery? undecided
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 22, 2011
Nayah:

^^ Hi TOM, why don't you try to talk to your women having pedadogic conversation and blaming your own side as men thinking stopping showing off your "wealth" this spendind things will end or improve when both side would have accept their mistakes
Sister i was just airing an opinion and i am indifferent about the issue nigerian girls being materialistic because for one thing i am not even dating a nigerian girl.Those guys who would feel the heat are those ones who are in relationship with nigerian girls who are obsessed with money and if they dont have the money to throw around like the politicians then God help them grin.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nayah(f): 1:43pm On Sep 22, 2011
^lool TOM
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by MrCork17: 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2011
tom28:

You are always out of point.Did i mention in any of my post that i was into armed robbery? undecided

from your comment: Yes! undecided
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by dfav: 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2011
I believe its gud to take care of ur woman; but these days the ladies I come across just want the money now now i.e on the first day of visiting ur house; they come with a lot of problems that required money,

i went to PH on an official trip; and there is this lady (based in PH) I met on Facebook; finally told her that we can see our selves in PH (i was lodging in an Hotel).

do u knw that after all the gisting ( no kissing no sex; because its our first time); she starting telling me all her problems,
finally i asked her how much? o boy and see the amount she called eh fear catch me,

i just smiled and told her that i will see what i can do ( na story); finally i saw her off.

So this money stuff with our girls is bcoming to much o,

assuming we even kiss; i would have said that it worth that amount,
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 22, 2011
Dfav unfortunately the poverty rate in Nigeria is very high and hence it has turned many young girls into nothing more than beggers.If the Nigerian Govt were that serious it would have initiated a programme to bring about the empowerment of the nigerian woman and to encourage young women to be self indenpendent.In America women are self indenpendent and they have jobs even if they are still in school.Even a 19 yr old american girl can fend for her daily needs because she has a part time job but in nigeria a grownup 28 yr old woman would be hassling a man for little things like phones or house rent.Its that shameful and it has brought about the degradation of the nigerian woman.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by MrCork17: 2:18pm On Sep 22, 2011
tom28:

Dfav unfortunately the poverty rate in Nigeria is very high and hence it has turned many young girls into nothing more than beggers.If the Nigerian Govt were that serious it would have initiated a programme to bring about the empowerment of the nigerian woman and to encourage young women to be self indenpendent.In America women are self indenpendent and they have jobs even if they are still in school.Even a 19 yr old american girl can fend for her daily needs because she has a part time job but in nigeria a grownup 28 yr old woman would be hassling a man for little things like phones or house rent.Its that shameful and it has brought about the degradation of the nigerian woman.

Tom28. Ok so u move from being arm robber to begger. Just becoz you cant afford to spend money on woman, you belief its your human right to degrade them. I will pray for u undecided
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by agitator: 2:33pm On Sep 22, 2011
tom28:

How many men got jobs?
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Pharoh: 2:40pm On Sep 22, 2011
agitator:

How many men got jobs?

I seriously dey follow you wait for the answer.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Orikinla(m): 2:49pm On Sep 22, 2011
There is NOTHING WRONG as long as you do so cheerfully and not in exchange for dating her.

But how many Nigerian men can spend on a woman gratis?

A Nigerian guy gives Nigerian babe some cash and he thinks he owns her!
The next thing, you see him shouting at her.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 22, 2011
agitator:

How many men got jobs?
In other societies women who are without Govt jobs are doing one menial job or the other to fend for themselves but in nigeria they sit on their asses and wait for a man to do everything for them.Even those guys in nigeria without jobs are doing one menial job or the other to fend for themselves.And talking about men without jobs is it no t so funny its the same unemployed men who go about buying very expensive gifts for their a girl just because they feel its a must for them?.Ask me were did they get the money frm?.My guy if women in nigeria are indenpendent then they wont be bugging a guy for everything.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 22, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Tom28. Ok so u move from being arm robber to begger. Just becoz you cant afford to spend money on woman, you belief its your human right to degrade them. I will pray for u undecided
Mr Cork pls shut up if u have nothing better to say lipsrsealed
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 22, 2011
tom28:

In other societies women who are without Govt jobs are doing one menial job or the other to fend for themselves[b] but in nigeria they sit on their asses and wait for a man to do everything for them.[/b]Even those guys in nigeria without jobs are doing one menial job or the other to fend for themselves.And talking about men without jobs is it no t so funny its the same unemployed men who go about buying very expensive gifts for their a girl just because they feel its a must for them?.Ask me were did they get the money frm?.My guy if women in nigeria are indenpendent then they wont be bugging a guy for everything.
What an argumentative fallacy! And how is this fair to ladies that are actually independent, and work their asses off?
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by CalienteMi: 3:09pm On Sep 22, 2011
I don't gerrit. Why is it an issue if women want to spend money on men? I thought YOU men were complaining women do not step up and offer anything in return but suck you dry.

What is the problem? Not all women DEPEND on men to provide for them and sell their time in exchange for cash and gifts. Don't be fooled.

Only a truly broke woman will do that. Is that what you men want? Be honest.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Goldieluks: 3:11pm On Sep 22, 2011
Well said Chima^^ wink
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by CalienteMi: 3:13pm On Sep 22, 2011
Who is Chima?
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Goldieluks: 3:15pm On Sep 22, 2011
You^^ who else?
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 22, 2011
sexkillz:

What an argumentative fallacy! And how is this fair to ladies that are actually independent, and work their asses off?

Since when did women become indenpendent in nigeria?.Even those ones who claim indenpendence are still being funded by sugar daddies and rich senators.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nayah(f): 3:22pm On Sep 22, 2011
^^Well brother time is coming be patient, life is not like this of our parents! reality will pass above dreams they will change ! smiley
Nevertheless some African women are independant don't be mistaken, what about these who wake up early to sell in markets? don't forget them
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 22, 2011
tom28:

Since when did women become indenpendent in nigeria?.Even those ones who claim indenpendence are still being funded by sugar daddies and rich senators.
How many have you seen bro? Not ALL women depend on Sugar Daddies and Rich Senators! Who takes care of Single or Divorced ladies? Huh?
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 22, 2011
Nayah:

[size=20pt]what about those who wake up early to sell in markets? [/size]
Nice Question!
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 22, 2011
Nayah:

^^Well brother time is coming be patient, life is not like this of our parents! reality will pass above dreams they will change ! smiley
Nevertheless some African women are independant don't be mistaken, what about these who wake up early to sell in markets? don't forget them
Yes God bless our african moms who sweat and toll to see us through school and those women who go to the market to sell goods so as to have money to see their children through school.There are lots of us today whose mums with their sweat made us what we are today but my sister the current young crop of girls in nigeria are certainly not like our moms of old.They are all about how much money they can grab from a mugu.Go to nigeria and u will see its all about money with young girls selling their punny to the highest bidder.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by MrCork17: 3:37pm On Sep 22, 2011
tom28. women reject you? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Scares You The Most About Falling In Love? / Tell Him/her Something Good. / Gym Instructor Gets Aroused, While Checking Out A Female Client's Thigh (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.