Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,936 members, 7,876,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 08:20 PM

Difference Between Webhosting And Domain Name Part 2 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Difference Between Webhosting And Domain Name Part 2 (135 Views)

What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? / Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? / Lessons From Innoson Vs GTBank Case Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between Webhosting And Domain Name Part 2 by gboli2015(m): 3:19pm On Apr 13, 2023
CAN A DOMAIN NAME BE MOVED TO A DIFFERENT COMPANY?

Let us start by answering the question of whether a domain name can be moved to another hosting company for whatever reason after registration.

Yes, a domain name can be moved to a different company. When you register a domain name, you typically acquire the ability to use and transfer it anywhere you like.

Consider the following scenario: You acquired your domain name from Domain.com and your website hosting from Bluehost. To make managing and renewing your domain name simpler, you now want to transfer it to Bluehost. That is very simple to do. You can transfer your domain name by following the thorough, step-by-step procedures provided by both companies.

We advise you to start the transfer at least 45 days before renewing your domain name. Every time a transfer is started, ICANN, the global body in charge of domain names, requires a one-year renewal. By transferring your domain name before it is due for renewal you could lose the current year's active renewal fees.

CAN I MOVE TO ANOTHER WEB HOSTING WITHOUT CHANGING THE DOMAIN NAME?

What we are trying to address here is to know if you can still retain the same domain name while transitioning to another web host or domain registrar.

Yes, you can also do that. The domain name is yours, and you may modify its settings to direct it to any web hosting provider.

For instance, you might have bought your domain name and hosting from Hostinger and now want to switch to Bluehost. Simply moving files and data from one host to another will allow you to migrate your website. The next step is to change your domain name settings to point to your new web hosting company.

Another illustration is that you bought your domain name from . (See our guide on the difference between and WordPress.org.) You want to eventually switch to a self-hosted WordPress.org website.

so the simple answer is yes you can move to another web host or domain registrar without changing your domain name.

Can I Change My Domain Name or Move My Website to a New Domain?

Once a domain name has been registered, it cannot be altered or changed.

However, you might wish to switch your website to a new domain if your business has changed and your present domain name is no longer appropriate. You will then need to buy a new domain name and connect it to your website.

However, it's important to move your own website properly to a new domain. You'll avoid losing the SEO and search traffic you've worked so hard to develop in this manner.

We trust that this post has helped you understand the distinction between web hosting and a domain name.
source: https://www.beyondwebsitedesign.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Twitter Features Crypto And U.S Stock Trading On Its Platform. / Services Provided By Cloud Consulting Companies / Where Can I Find A Financial Advisor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.