Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,500 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:26 PM

Obidients, pro APC, Atikulites, all Nigerians, Our Strength Is In Our Diversity. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obidients, pro APC, Atikulites, all Nigerians, Our Strength Is In Our Diversity. (614 Views)

Nigeria Belongs To All Of Us, Our Diversity Is An Asset - President Tinubu / Zahra Buhari To Her Mother, Aisha: Your Strength Is Second To None / APC Will Understand Our Strength When It Tries To Impeach Saraki – Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Obidients, pro APC, Atikulites, all Nigerians, Our Strength Is In Our Diversity. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 13, 2023
JDistribute:
Our numbers is a huge advantage for our government and companies, making us have a strong military and national posture, as well as wealth and value, our strength of diversity makes our nation's culture and heritage, rich and beautiful, this is good for tourism, and other people wishing to come share in the beauty. Let's appreciate this beautiful nation we have, let's not allow differences push us to extremes. We can argue and quarrel, but let us all try to move this nation forward.

I used to share your sentiment a long time ago. First I was a nationalist, then much later I became a pan-regionalist - arguing in favour of a united Southern Nigeria. But to be honest, this election cycle has shown me how naive and stupid I was. People who I thought were super educated, enlightened, and therefore logical and fair-minded revealed how utterly jaundiced and ethnocentric they really are - even worse than the uneducated rural folk. At this point I'm damaged and cannot be placated. Let everybody get out.

One Nigeria simply cannot work. Maybe regionalism can... Something similar to the First Republic, but even more so. Let each region control it's resources and it's own armed forces. Let the so-called president or Prime Minister only be there for Foreign Affairs and ceremonial purposes. And even that president or prime minister would be rotational as guaranteed by the constitution.

That's the ONLY condition for one Nigeria. This joke and insult cannot be tolerated for much longer.
Re: Obidients, pro APC, Atikulites, all Nigerians, Our Strength Is In Our Diversity. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 13, 2023
Hedonini:

I used to share your sentiment a long time ago. First I was a nationalist, then much later I became a pan-regionalist - arguing in favour of a united Southern Nigeria. But to be honest, this election cycle has shown me how naive and stupid I was. People who I thought were super educated, enlightened, and therefore logical and fair-minded revealed how utterly jaundiced and ethnocentric they really are - even worse than the uneducated rural folk. At this point I'm damaged and cannot be placated. Let everybody get out.

One Nigeria simply cannot work. Maybe regionalism can... Something similar to the First Republic, but even more so. Let each region control it's resources and it's own armed forces. Let the so-called president or Prime Minister only be there for Foreign Affairs and ceremonial purposes. And even that president or prime minister would be rotational as guaranteed by the constitution.

That's the ONLY condition for one Nigeria. This joke and insult cannot be tolerated for much longer.
True federalism is good, under one unit. True federalism will make it seem like every state is a nation of its own. We get the benefits of autonomy and benefits of numbers and power of 'Nigeria'.
Re: Obidients, pro APC, Atikulites, all Nigerians, Our Strength Is In Our Diversity. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 13, 2023
Hedonini:

Am a business man, am looking at benefits, as long as we get our security and constitution right. Economics is the most important. It will never be perfect or excellent for all. Even if every state divides today and have it's own nation a lot in there will still be complaining, so we use indices. Another thing about dividing is recurring conflicts, dragging borderlines, resources etc.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos And Britons Protesting Together In Britain "Calls For Nnamdi Kanu Release" / INC Vows To Resist Remapping Of A’ibom State …. Photoes / Which Of These Portrait Pictures Is The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.