Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,677 members, 7,945,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 10:47 AM

Nigerians On Twitter Reveal Their Agonizing Experience In The UK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians On Twitter Reveal Their Agonizing Experience In The UK (1329 Views)

Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK / Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians On Twitter Reveal Their Agonizing Experience In The UK by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 13, 2023
A tread opened by a Twitter user has Nigerians in the UK sharing their agonizing experience in the UK

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Reveal Their Agonizing Experience In The UK by DearGorgeous(f): 9:14pm On Apr 13, 2023
Come back home then.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Reveal Their Agonizing Experience In The UK by TemplarLandry: 9:18pm On Apr 13, 2023
Lol
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Reveal Their Agonizing Experience In The UK by Acidosis(m): 9:29pm On Apr 13, 2023
DearGorgeous:
Come back home then.

If they come back, you will mock them.. so? Better to "suffer" in the UK than suffer hardship and mockery in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Reveal Their Agonizing Experience In The UK by DearGorgeous(f): 9:45pm On Apr 13, 2023
Acidosis:

If they come back, you will mock them.. so? Better to "suffer" in the UK than suffer hardship and mockery in Nigeria.

No, I won't mock them. They should just come back home to a "stressless and stress-free" Nigeria, make we hear word abeg.

These Yankee people have devised a means of trying to disuade us from traveling by their consistent complaints. It's becoming a norm.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Reveal Their Agonizing Experience In The UK by densiks: 9:46pm On Apr 13, 2023
Are they refugees?

Some of them were doing quite ok in Nigeria with all the social benefits and positive peculiarities but peer pressure and keeping up with the jonses pushed them to seek validation and non existent greener pastures.

There's a percentage of folks who are not on this conundrum and they rightfully chose to be where they are;obviously they are the minority exception.

If the kitchen is too hot,swallow your reality pill and return to your village before you become suicidal.

Someone I know,returned after several years of doing this and that.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Reveal Their Agonizing Experience In The UK by JeffreyJunior: 10:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
When you insist on being Nigerian everywhere you find yourself, you'll definitely be experiencing loneliness.

Break your barriers, widen your horizon, make friends across racial divides, try out foods and cultures of other races, try careers different from the ones trending among your people. etc. You must not be a nurse or a security guard in Amelika. cheesy

Those that do the things I listed may never experience loneliness abroad. But in doing that, never ever forget your root.

Thanks to platforms like nairaland for helping me keep my own Nigerianity. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Reveal Their Agonizing Experience In The UK by Acidosis(m): 10:31pm On Apr 13, 2023
DearGorgeous:

No, I won't mock them. They should just come back home to a "stressless and stress-free" Nigeria, make we hear word abeg.

These Yankee people have devised a means of trying to disuade us from traveling by their consistent complaints. It's becoming a norm.

People will continue to raise their concerns whether real or fake. It's your choice to go wherever you want. People complain about Lagos everyday. I do too, and it's not because I don't want my village people here. Who wan come should come. I no tie anybody leg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Reveal Their Agonizing Experience In The UK by Made2Last: 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2023
Has anyone tried to check if other nationals are going through the same thing out there too?
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Reveal Their Agonizing Experience In The UK by Buharidgeneral: 10:44pm On Apr 13, 2023
Abeg they should boycott UK
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Reveal Their Agonizing Experience In The UK by Young03(m): 10:45pm On Apr 13, 2023
Them no see Brazil or Malaysia go

Abeggi

iPhone xs max 245 GB very sharp for sale
Face ID working

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Reveal Their Agonizing Experience In The UK by DearGorgeous(f): 11:21pm On Apr 13, 2023
Acidosis:

People will continue to raise their concerns whether real or fake. It's your choice to go wherever you want. People complain about Lagos everyday. I do too, and it's not because I don't want my village people here. Who wan come should come. I no tie anybody leg.

You are right. I believe that whatever they're presently undergoing in Yankee should definitely fair better than what the present Nigeria has become.

Las las, we all go dey alright - whether here, or there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Reveal Their Agonizing Experience In The UK by OgaTheTop2: 1:35am On Apr 14, 2023
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Reveal Their Agonizing Experience In The UK by Ayojideonline(m): 8:14am On Apr 14, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
When you insist on being Nigerian everywhere you find yourself, you'll definitely be experiencing loneliness.

Break your barriers, widen your horizon, make friends across racial divides, try out foods and cultures of other races, try careers different from the ones trending among your people. etc. You must not be a nurse or a security guard in Amelika. cheesy

Those that do the things I listed may never experience loneliness abroad. But in doing that, never ever forget your root.

Thanks to platforms like nairaland for helping me keep my own Nigerianity. cheesy

Nice ideas.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Reveal Their Agonizing Experience In The UK by wunmi590(m): 12:31pm On Apr 14, 2023

No whala
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Reveal Their Agonizing Experience In The UK by lily156: 3:03pm On Apr 14, 2023
Exactly. Many Nigerians fail to integrate into the society they find themselves in.
And people should travel abeg especially with cheap Wizz and Ryanair flights from the UK, fly to sunny Ibiza for £20 if you're that bored and lonely. Stay in a hostel, make friends.

JeffreyJunior:

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To Uk With British Passport / Woman Wears Only Underwear To The Airport To Reduce Security Check / Migrating To Togo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.