Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,764 members, 7,875,921 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:04 AM

Please How Can I Approach My Landlord For A Floading Apartment - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please How Can I Approach My Landlord For A Floading Apartment (605 Views)

Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? / How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? / Man Kicked Out By Landlord For Changing Girlfriends Too Often In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Can I Approach My Landlord For A Floading Apartment by loricara: 4:54am On Apr 14, 2023
Hello, I rented a roomself in Lagos I moved in on Sunday it rained on Monday the room was flooded with water entering through the zink and PVC. I showed it to my landlord he said he will fix it untill now he has as I'm typing it's raining this night and everywhere is water again. Please how do I approach my landlord should I ask for refund coz I can't be leaving in a floaded water or ask him to fix it once more. It's a roomself in Lagos and my room is upstairs. I've not stayed up to a week right now it's raining and the room is leaking heavily with waterm

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Approach My Landlord For A Floading Apartment by yrhuhfy113: 4:57am On Apr 14, 2023
loricara:
Hello, I rented a roomself in Lagos I moved in on Sunday it rained on Monday the room was flooded with water entering through the zink and PVC. I showed it to my landlord he said he will fix it untill now he has as I'm typing it's raining this night and everywhere is water again. Please how do I approach my landlord should I ask for refund coz I can't be leaving in a floaded water or ask him to fix it once more. It's a roomself in Lagos and my room is upstairs.

GET A LAWYER O.... and STANDBY SOLDIERS.
Re: Please How Can I Approach My Landlord For A Floading Apartment by loricara: 5:01am On Apr 14, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

GET A LAWYER O.... and STANDBY SOLDIERS.
I don't have money to hire a lawyer now please what can I do?
Re: Please How Can I Approach My Landlord For A Floading Apartment by Ahmed0336(m): 5:26am On Apr 14, 2023
loricara:
Sorry about your situation.

I don't know why some landlords are naturally wicked.
Instead of him to fix his property before letting it.
Re: Please How Can I Approach My Landlord For A Floading Apartment by Reminderz: 5:30am On Apr 14, 2023
he won't do anything until you really do something threatening... I'm sure he's enjoying his own room and he expects you to use your own money to fix it.. you have three options, arrange soldiers or police to threaten him

relocate if it's possible to get back your money

or use your own money to fix it for peace to reign.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Approach My Landlord For A Floading Apartment by Cutehector(m): 5:45am On Apr 14, 2023
Enjoy your suffering for the next one year.. You failed to do your due diligence by asking neighbors how the apartment is.

I am sure when you finally pack out from that house this time next year, when you are looking for a new apartment, no be body go tell you to ask neighbors about leakages before you release money.

I was in this boat last year, but this year, i made it a duty that i must not release money to any devilish agent before all due diligence has been made. That is how i wanted renting an apartment close to my office, the agent with their usual rush and pay tactics, i made sure that statement didnt get to me, i waited the next day, went back to that same house on my own and asked the neighbors how the environment is during rainy season.

Lo and behold, they told me i shouldnt pay rent, that the house usually gets flooded.

Omo... I deleted the agent's number from my phone.

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Approach My Landlord For A Floading Apartment by Oluromantic: 5:48am On Apr 14, 2023
loricara:

Since you don't have money for a lawyer which should have been the best approach, go to the police with about 10k, write a statement and he will be summoned. OR Go to the community chieves or heads after reporting to the police or the youth head of that town. When you will. The crowd against him, he will be pushed to act.
Re: Please How Can I Approach My Landlord For A Floading Apartment by loricara: 6:07am On Apr 14, 2023
Reminderz:
he won't do anything until you really do something threatening... I'm sure he's enjoying his own room and he expects you to use your own money to fix it.. you have three options, arrange soldiers or police to threaten him

relocate if it's possible to get back your money

or use your own money to fix it for peace to reign.

Everywhere was Pvc
Re: Please How Can I Approach My Landlord For A Floading Apartment by Kobojunkie: 6:24am On Apr 14, 2023
loricara:
Hello, I rented a roomself in Lagos I moved in on Sunday it rained on Monday the room was flooded with water entering through the zink and PVC. I showed it to my landlord he said he will fix it untill now he has as I'm typing it's raining this night and everywhere is water again. Please how do I approach my landlord should I ask for refund coz I can't be leaving in a floaded water or ask him to fix it once more. It's a roomself in Lagos and my room is upstairs. I've not stayed up to a week right now it's raining and the room is leaking heavily with waterm
Document the damage--- pictures , videos, etc. -- record conversations you have with your landlord. Get a lawyer to tackle your case. undecided
Re: Please How Can I Approach My Landlord For A Floading Apartment by Shedrack777: 6:59am On Apr 14, 2023
make an agreement with the landlord that you'll work it with your money, but it'll be deducted from your rent
Re: Please How Can I Approach My Landlord For A Floading Apartment by loricara: 7:41am On Apr 14, 2023
Shedrack777:
make an agreement with the landlord that you'll work it with your money, but it'll be deducted from your rent

I can't work it bro I just packed him I paid agreement and damages.
Re: Please How Can I Approach My Landlord For A Floading Apartment by aikyg(m): 8:02am On Apr 14, 2023
Write him a letter and pay a courier service to deliver it to him. If he he doesn't fix the roof in seven days, send him another letter stating that you are going to fix the roof and send the bill to him. When you fix the roof, send the bill to him and ask him to reimburse you. He is just your landlord. He is not God.
Re: Please How Can I Approach My Landlord For A Floading Apartment by Pojomojo: 8:40am On Apr 14, 2023
loricara:
Is it in Lagos? If yes Mainland or island?
Next time, the best season to search for a house in Lagos is usually raining season, I learnt this lesson the hard way.
Fix it with your money if you can and have receipts, when you want to pay the next rent deduct the money you use in fixing the place from the rent, however, kindly refer to your tenancy agreement

(1) (Reply)

For Sale A Storey Building With Six Apartment 55m Asking 081750344444 / N220,000,000 Newly Built 5 Bedroom Fully Detached Duplex / N45,000,000 Lovely 3 Bedroom Terrace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.