Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,266 members, 7,940,031 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 03:54 PM

Marriage Conflict: Act In Love Alway - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Conflict: Act In Love Alway (259 Views)

Is It Wrong For A Woman To Initiate Conjugal Act In Marriage? / Marriage Conflict: HAVE FAITH / Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Conflict: Act In Love Alway by Talk2Edward(m): 10:59pm On Apr 15, 2023
Let Love Lead the way!

Husbands should love their wives as Christ loved the church (Ephesians 5:25,28,29). Wives should love their husbands (Titus 2:4).

* Love Is Concern for the Well-being of Others.*

Ephesians 5:25,28,29 - Jesus' love for the church illustrates the love husbands should have for their wives. He loved us so much He gave His life so we could be saved. So the husband should be concerned for the wellbeing of the wife. He should nourish and cherish her. He must not use his authority just to please himself but to do what is best for her and the family.

1 Corinthians 13:5 - *Love is not selfish.* … Are you selfish with your Love? Answer me..Is it all about you! You!! You!!!. I this; I that. Stop Yourself. Marriage is a *”WE”* affair and not an *”I”* affairs. Drop your ‘I’ mentality…it is killing your Marriage.
Romans 13:10 - *Love works no harm to its neighbor.*…… Think about this for a while…If you really loves your partner..you will not intentionally be doing what will bring him or her any for harm.
As long as one or both companions selfishly insist on their own way, differences will not be resolved. Serious problems can be solved only when we are willing to seek the welfare of others besides ourselves.

* Love Is a Choice of the Will.*
Ephesians 5:25,28 - Love can be commanded because it is a matter of the will. We can choose whether or not to love, just like we can choose whether or not to obey any other command.

Some think love just happens and cannot be controlled - you "fall in love" or out of love. So, if a couple "just don't love one another anymore," nothing can be done except to get a divorce. But when we realize we can choose to love, then we realize we can put love into a marriage. And if we fail to put it in, we sin.

Furthermore, just as Christ initiated love toward the church when we were sinners not acting lovingly toward Him, so it is the primary responsibility of the husband to initiate love. The command is emphasized to the man. He is to love the wife first and put love into the relationship, as Christ first loved the church. That does not mean the woman should not initiates it if need be.

Romans 5:6-8 - Christ loved us while we were yet sinners, not because we were so loveable He couldn't help Himself. He chose to do what we needed done.

Love is not for a perfect person…we were not perfect when Christ loved us and died for us. Your Husband is not perfect.. And he will never be…but you own him love. Your wife is not perfect.. Neither will she be….but love her anyway. It is love that smoothens the rough edges of marriages.

Luke 6:27,28 - We are commanded to love our enemies. Loving ones enemy is about what it would take to put love into some marriages! But we love enemies, not because we uncontrollably "fall" in love, but because we choose to do what is best for them.
The statement "I just don't love her/him any more" is a confession of sin! It must be repented of and corrected as an act of the will!

When serious disagreements build up in marriage and are not resolved, one or both companions are not choosing to show love. I advise you to keep the fire of Love burning. Do not allow the Difficulties and Challenges to quench your Love. God will help you!

If you are going through a very difficult times in your marriage and needs someone whom you can talk to and pray with...Please feel free to talk to me. I promise you that by the grace of God you will be happy you did.

I am Edward Freedom. I am very passionate about Marriage and family issues. I am called by God to "Rescue and Restore the Families of men Back to God's glory and Praise". My Job is to see you happily married.

Talk2Edward: Cal or WhatsApp ... +2348028821311.

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Household Properties / Pastor's World Crumbles As He Discovers His 3 Kids Are Not His / I Asked To Give Her My Number And She Said She'll Forget It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.