Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,726 members, 7,945,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:22 PM

Husband Secretly Divorced Wife 20 Years Ago Without Her Knowing. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Husband Secretly Divorced Wife 20 Years Ago Without Her Knowing. (1834 Views)

I’m Giving This Phone To My Girlfriend's Sister Without Her Knowing / See The Pictures Of A Lady That Once Dated A Catholic Priest Without Her Knowing / My Husband Secretly Checks My Phone At Night When I’m Asleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Secretly Divorced Wife 20 Years Ago Without Her Knowing. by Beadysworld: 12:50pm On Apr 16, 2023
The woman whose Husband Secretly divorced her after four months wedding ‘to protect his assets

They were married for 20 years, raising a son and living the good life jetting between homes in New York and France.

The wife who is 30 Years old and younger than the husband lived happily before this discovery.

It was all perfect, except for one thing: He had secretly divorced her just four months after their wedding, in an apparent attempt to shield his assets.

Now Cristina Carta Villa, 59, is suing her 90-year-old “husband,” Gabriel Villa, to nullify the divorce she never knew about — and keep him from selling an apartment they shared.

The two met at a friend’s house, quickly tying the knot in a New York ceremony in 1994. She left her job teaching Italian literature at Boston College to be with a lawyer and travel agent more than 30 years before her senior.

“He was absolutely charming, and despite our age difference, it was love at first sight,” says Cristina Carta Villa.

But all the while, Gabriel was apparently hedging his bets. Four months after the pair tied the knot, Gabriel Villa secretly arranged for a divorce in the Dominican Republic.

The Dominican Republic is the only place you can divorce without another party’s knowledge

The wife says she never knew about, let alone consented to, a Dominican divorce, which was never registered in New York.

“It’s a fraud,” she tells The Post.

The two bought a one-bedroom condo on West 55th Street; had a son, Lorenzo; and divided their time between Manhattan, Massachusetts, and France.

“It was and somehow it’s still a great love,” Cristina Villa says. “Gabriel is a very charismatic man, strong, intelligent, and very charming. I think we could say I was a loving and caring wife and mother.”

When her husband was ill in the hospital, Cristina says, “I was always at his side.” He even made her his healthcare proxy and gave her power of attorney.
ready more here...https://beadysworld.tv/2023/04/16/husband-secretly-divorced-wife-20-years-ago-without-her-knowing/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband Secretly Divorced Wife 20 Years Ago Without Her Knowing. by Msn4barca(m): 12:58pm On Apr 16, 2023
😂

1 Like

Re: Husband Secretly Divorced Wife 20 Years Ago Without Her Knowing. by advanceDNA: 1:11pm On Apr 16, 2023
divorce ur spouse without their knowledge ?
Dominican Republic like vawulence oooo..

4 Likes

Re: Husband Secretly Divorced Wife 20 Years Ago Without Her Knowing. by Westerhoffe(m): 1:21pm On Apr 16, 2023
advanceDNA:
divorce a ur spouse without their knowledge ?
Dominican Republic like vawulence oooo..

Vawulence Pro Max Hyper Extreme.
How would one divorce or be divorced without the other knowing, or without knowing?

2 Likes

Re: Husband Secretly Divorced Wife 20 Years Ago Without Her Knowing. by oz4real83(m): 3:03pm On Apr 16, 2023
Divorce without her signing divorce papers . Unless the papers were disguised making her to sign without her knowing what she was signing cheesy. Since the hunter has learnt to shoot without missing, the eagle has also learnt to fly without missing😂

1 Like

Re: Husband Secretly Divorced Wife 20 Years Ago Without Her Knowing. by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:19pm On Apr 16, 2023
unless both of them are originally from the dominican republic, i dont know how this can stand....

1 Like

Re: Husband Secretly Divorced Wife 20 Years Ago Without Her Knowing. by Osashalom: 5:46pm On Apr 16, 2023
Such a stupid, useless and currupt Republic. No wonder thieves go there to buy citizenship. What a law devoid of conscience and justice. You divorce a wife four weeks after wedding without her consent. Isn't that a crime itself?
UN should scrap that Republic!!
Re: Husband Secretly Divorced Wife 20 Years Ago Without Her Knowing. by Streetmovement(m): 6:13pm On Apr 16, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Lord of host 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Omo update na wotowoto grin

(1) (Reply)

Does Her Past Life Matters To You? / He Posted Her Pictures On His.....( Photo) / Why Don't You Have At Least N1m In Your Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.