Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,993 members, 7,949,357 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 07:42 AM

Change Your Name Or Change Your Way By Edet Edem Akpan - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Change Your Name Or Change Your Way By Edet Edem Akpan (147 Views)

So Many Leaked Sex Tapes On Telegram Written By Edet Edem Akpan / How Do I Edit Or Change My Signature? / How Can I Edit Or Change My Nairaland Username? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Change Your Name Or Change Your Way By Edet Edem Akpan by edet19892015(m): 9:51am On Apr 17, 2023
Change Your Name Or Change Your Way:

Dear friends, it about time we do a sincere evaluation and a deep sober reflection about who we are and how we live.
There is nothing as ironic as boldly answering a name we are unable to live up to.

The ancient Greek Emperor, Alexander the great was said to have been furious with one of his soldiers, a young Macedonian fighter who became afraid and ran away from the battlefront.
He was found crying behind a tree after the battle had been won.

This was treasonable and attracted a death sentence in the days of Alexander.
The Emperor decided however to show mercy and allow the young soldier go free. Upon asking, it was discovered the young soldier's name was also Alexander just like the Greek Emperor's own name.

Being a fearless warlord himself, Alexander angrily told the coward soldier, you either change your name or you change your ways.
In today's world, it is not uncommon to see bearers of names identifications and classifications living the direct opposite of their tags.

When I worked as an attendant in the library years ago, one of my routine duties was checking for books placed wrongly in book shelves by visitors and returning them to their right shelves.
This was necessary to avoid confusing subsequent visitors, it is considered a failure on the attendant's part if a biographical book was kept in the shelf for encyclopedias.

You are a witch doctor, but you are called a prophet.
You are a fraudster, but you are know as a pastor.
You are an armed robber, but you work as a policeman.
You work for the government and sponsor terrorists at the same time.
A pharmacist selling fake drugs.
You sing in night clubs on friday nights and also lead worship in church on sunday mornings.

This music album is gospel, the next will be for your party and night clubs fans. Before you pray, they must pay, I am not judging you, but please bear your real name as a prayer merchant or a prayer contractor not an intercessor or a pastor. If we are ashamed to bear the true tag for what we do then we must change what we do.

A witch should be bold to answer a witch and stop answering a prophet. Why is a fraudster answering the name pastor?
My friend, you are an entertainer not a gospel artist, correct your label.
Mr. Armed robber is your proper name, not the policeman you presently answer.
A killer selling fake drugs but answering a pharmacist.

A joke was told of a pick pocket targeting a potential victim at the popular Enerhen Junction in Warri, a city in Delta State of Nigeria.
The potential victim noticed the pick pocket gazing at the pocket he had his money.

The man quickly removed the money to the other pocket, the desperate pick pocket changed direction to the side the money had been moved to.
The man noticed and moved his money once again.
The pick pocket also changed his direction again, the man moved his money to the other pocket and the pick pocket again changed his direction to the side of the pocket the money had been moved to.

The drama continued for a while and finally the pick pocket became tired because he was using more energy walking around the man over and over again.
He then humbly approached the man and said please leave the money in one pocket, you are making the work difficult for me.
Let me understand which pocket to concentrate on.

Dear friends, we really need to stop stressing people and making it difficult for them to understand what make of our identities. We either change our names or change our ways.

#ChangeYourNameOrChangeYourWay
#EtinOgbeide

(1) (Reply)

Should You Be Loyal To The Same Dentist In St John’s Wood? / Take A Screenshot On Windows / What Will Happen If I Consistently Promote Myself For The Next 90 Days?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.