Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,483 members, 7,914,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 09:03 PM

New Site. Reviews And Criticisms Wanted! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / New Site. Reviews And Criticisms Wanted! (568 Views)

Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! / Constructive Criticisms Are Welcome / Great New Site For Young Nigerians Www.ovaloaded.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Site. Reviews And Criticisms Wanted! by andydilk: 10:04am On Sep 22, 2011
New site, pls review.

Dual core, Yawa tide, Dhtml, Omo to dun, Fayimora, Slyox, Databoy, Beaf, et al, could you guys go through this new site and review it? Http://www.fostable.com.

Criticisms and suggestions are highly welcome. Thanks!

Www.fostable.com
Re: New Site. Reviews And Criticisms Wanted! by ajaxify: 4:28pm On Sep 22, 2011
Na wa o, so what of all the other webmasters eh?
Re: New Site. Reviews And Criticisms Wanted! by yawatide(f): 5:48pm On Sep 22, 2011
I don't typically review code/layouts that aren't written from scratch. That usually means blogs and cms tools. Nothing against them though. I just figure that even if the customization is the best one known to man, the original concept isn't that of the coder (and that includes stuff that I have done). No offense.

having said the above, I will make an exception here because I see one thing that is glaring, granted it might have been intentional: The "sign up" screen seems to have gone outside of its assigned container area.
Re: New Site. Reviews And Criticisms Wanted! by databoy247(m): 7:13pm On Sep 22, 2011
its just a forum that everybody that understands CMS can put together, so there is basically nothing to be criticized. @yawatide, like i always say, not everyone can code and not evryone wants to learn it. I personally dont want to learn it cos am good with others. I dont wana be a jack of all trades and master of non. Thus, it is pertinent to acrue kudos to whoever can customize an already coded CMS and put it to use. The OP did a nice job with SMF but like you pointed out, the login box is kinda out of place except its intentional, but if its not, then take it out completely. use. The OP did a nice job with SMF but like you pointed out, the login box is kinda out of place except its intentional, but if its not, then take it out completely.
Re: New Site. Reviews And Criticisms Wanted! by guru01(m): 7:27pm On Sep 22, 2011
Its a template used on a forum software.
Besides the favicon still shows smf logo.
Re: New Site. Reviews And Criticisms Wanted! by yawatide(f): 7:42pm On Sep 22, 2011
@databoy247:
I acknowledged your point in my post when I said, "no offense" wink

I have nothing against them. In fact, I have used both tools. My point is, I choose not to review such, and I gave my reasons.

(1) (Reply)

I Have A Great Business In Mind / How To Connect Your Dstv Decoder To Your Laptop And Browse For Free / Book For Service Boys For Your Party?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.