Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,697 members, 7,882,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 11:21 PM

Bear Captured In Italy After Killing Alpine Jogger Andrea Papi - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bear Captured In Italy After Killing Alpine Jogger Andrea Papi (2214 Views)

Eiye Gang Members Arrested In Italy After Being Exposed By Nigerian Girl. Photos / How Innocent Oseghale Killed Pamela Mastropietro,18-Year-Old In Italy After Sex / 31-year-old Nigerian Man Arrested In Italy After Attempted Rape Of A Woman (vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bear Captured In Italy After Killing Alpine Jogger Andrea Papi by DaveHarry(m): 10:09am On Apr 18, 2023
A bear has been captured in the Italian Alps 12 days after it killed a 26-year-old jogger.

Italians were shocked by Andrea Papi's death in the north-eastern region of Trentino-Alto Adige.

Once the bear was identified as a 17-year-old known as JJ4, authorities issued an order for it to be put down.

The order for it to be shot on sight was later rescinded and JJ4 has been taken to a wildlife centre. Her fate is yet to be decided.

Andrea Papi was fatally attacked while jogging above the town of Caldes, prompting fear and anger in the region.

Bears are a protected species in Italy, and their population has been increasing in recent years after they were reintroduced to the region two decades ago.

JJ4's own parents had been brought into northern Italy from Slovenia.

She was captured after forest rangers with dogs tracked her foot-prints in snow in a mountain range known as the Brenta Dolomites.

She is currently being kept at the Casteller animal care centre near the city of Trento where another bear known as M49 is also being looked after.

M49 went on the run from a nature park for 10 months and became known as Europe's most wanted bear when he escaped for a second time in 2020.

1 Like

Re: Bear Captured In Italy After Killing Alpine Jogger Andrea Papi by mykymyk101: 10:12am On Apr 18, 2023
Na God say no be Nigeria this bear dey. For here, If no be jungle justice, na to take am do barbecue.

8 Likes

Re: Bear Captured In Italy After Killing Alpine Jogger Andrea Papi by Urheadmaster(m): 10:12am On Apr 18, 2023
Meanwhile if it was in Nigeria, it would've ended up in a pot of soup tongue

2 Likes

Re: Bear Captured In Italy After Killing Alpine Jogger Andrea Papi by TemplarLandry: 10:14am On Apr 18, 2023
This reminds me of the movie โ€œCocaine Bearโ€. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Bear Captured In Italy After Killing Alpine Jogger Andrea Papi by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 18, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Oboy, I been see this movie recommended to me on YouTube, but I still get doubt whether or not e go make. The trailer no dey impressive.
How the movie go?
Re: Bear Captured In Italy After Killing Alpine Jogger Andrea Papi by DaveHarry(m): 10:46am On Apr 18, 2023
mykymyk101:
Na God say no be Nigeria this bear dey. For here, If no be jungle justice, na to take am do barbecue.
The lifestyle of the white man is boring.

2 Likes

Re: Bear Captured In Italy After Killing Alpine Jogger Andrea Papi by DaveHarry(m): 10:49am On Apr 18, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Oboy, I been see this movie recommended to me on YouTube, but I still get doubt whether or not e go make. The trailer no dey impressive.
How the movie go?
The bear was dealing in cocaine till it got caught and arrested and tried in court with no final judgement from the judge in-charge, that led to a civil war which broke out in only 5 states. The bear ended up settling the war too by one particular action. I like the movie.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bear Captured In Italy After Killing Alpine Jogger Andrea Papi by leroi01(m): 10:56am On Apr 18, 2023
You went to jog and gallivant in a brown bear's house/habitat. It gets spooked/pissed (whichever) and kills you And then people are outraged and call for the bear to be killed?

Is this not stupidity? Was the bear supposed to hug him? Or pat him on the back and tell him it is private property? Maybe kiss him and show him love?

Wetin the clown go find for bear country?

Maybe people should just.. stick to jogging on streets and using their brains, there will be less bear attacks that way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bear Captured In Italy After Killing Alpine Jogger Andrea Papi by DaveHarry(m): 10:59am On Apr 18, 2023
leroi01:
You went to jog and gallivant in a brown bear's house/habitat. It gets spooked/pissed (whichever) and kills you And then people are outraged and call for the bear to be killed?

Is this not stupidity? Was the bear supposed to hug him? Or pat him on the back and tell him it is private property? Maybe kiss him and show him love?

Wetin the clown go find for bear country?

Maybe people should just.. stick to jogging on streets and using their brains, there will be less bear attacks that way.
That's why anyone with no sense of reasoning is no different than an animal.

1 Like

Re: Bear Captured In Italy After Killing Alpine Jogger Andrea Papi by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 18, 2023
DaveHarry:

The bear was dealing in cocaine till it got caught and arrested and tried in court with no final judgement from the judge in-charge, that led to a civil war which broke out in only 5 states. The bear ended up settling the war too by one particular action. I like the movie.
๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ’Š๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ•ธ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘ฎโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€โš–๏ธ๐Ÿ™…โ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ”ซโ˜ ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘‰5๏ธโƒฃ. ๐Ÿป๐Ÿฆธโ€โ™€๏ธ=๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿฟ๐ŸŽฆ.
โ“
Re: Bear Captured In Italy After Killing Alpine Jogger Andrea Papi by DaveHarry(m): 11:19am On Apr 18, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ’Š๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ•ธ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘ฎโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€โš–๏ธ๐Ÿ™…โ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ”ซโ˜ ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘‰5๏ธโƒฃ. ๐Ÿป๐Ÿฆธโ€โ™€๏ธ=๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿฟ๐ŸŽฆ.
โ“
What
Re: Bear Captured In Italy After Killing Alpine Jogger Andrea Papi by udede(m): 12:03pm On Apr 18, 2023
In Nigeria we eat everything and anything piatapiata. undecided undecided
Re: Bear Captured In Italy After Killing Alpine Jogger Andrea Papi by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2023
TemplarLandry:

what a very silly movie that was...
Re: Bear Captured In Italy After Killing Alpine Jogger Andrea Papi by tuzle(m): 8:56pm On Apr 18, 2023
DaveHarry:

liar
Re: Bear Captured In Italy After Killing Alpine Jogger Andrea Papi by eepeepook: 9:34pm On Apr 18, 2023
I wonder how they knew the exact bear.

1 Like

Re: Bear Captured In Italy After Killing Alpine Jogger Andrea Papi by BRIMBRAM: 10:00pm On Apr 18, 2023
DaveHarry:

The lifestyle of the white man is boring.

Very boring.

1 Like

Re: Bear Captured In Italy After Killing Alpine Jogger Andrea Papi by DaveHarry(m): 10:59pm On Apr 18, 2023
tuzle:
liar
You have not watched the movie once yet...

(1) (Reply)

Chief Oyebanji Olowofela Arrested As The Alleged Ringleader Of The Fulani Herdsm / 500 Level Student Beheaded His Girlfriend >>>picture / See Horrible Graphic Pics Of Ifako Football Club Goalkeeper Killed By Cultists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.