Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,971 members, 7,873,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:18 AM

Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases (35905 Views)

‘I Owned Lucrative Businesses’ — Malami Writes Buhari Over Corruption Allegation / Remove Magu - Malami Writes Buhari. Accuses EFCC Boss Of Money Diversion / My Best Not Good Enough Yet – President Buhari Admits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by Fearyourcreator: 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2023
N3TRAL:

If there's anything Nigerians know how to do, it's to spread misinformation about phenomena they know nothing about.

The AGF does not need to prosecute the case himself. No AGF in Nigeria, America, Canada or USA will handle the case himself.

The subject matter of the case requires a level of specialization that I doubt any law firm or lawyer in Nigeria has.

The last time I checked, Roger Masefield, an elite British legal practitioner, was Nigeria's lawyer in the matter 😂.

The federal government should resort to ADR in cases like this to avoid wasting scarce resources on litigation.

Many go school but them no sabi book... Them plenty for Nigerian graduate... We dey employ them ... Na mouth plenty no sense
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by adetayoonas(m): 3:03pm On Apr 18, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:
Malami is complicit. His aim is to collude with the other party and get his share.

On point
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by MondayOsunbor(m): 3:13pm On Apr 18, 2023
dre11:

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-malami-writes-buhari-admits-nigeria-cannot-win-opl-245-court-cases/amp

EFCC is proposing that ENI should set aside $500 million from the proceeds of production to compensate Abacha.
I love hausa
Buhari still remember that abacha be his oga

See how these people share and dinne on our common wealth while send thugs after us on the day of election
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by onuman: 3:14pm On Apr 18, 2023
dre11:

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-malami-writes-buhari-admits-nigeria-cannot-win-opl-245-court-cases/amp

What consumes Nigeria's income hugely is the fight against Boko Haram/ISWAP and its bandits offshoot.
Tourism revenues are denied Nigeria by Boko Haram/ISWAP that says it's fighting for a Nigeria to be governed with Islamic Sharia criminal justice system, the same unconstitutional sharia criminal justice system adopted beginning 1999 by the political and religious leaders of today's 12 Sharia states in the far north of Nigeria.
Proceeds from crude oil and gas are no guarantee to prosperity in a country. In fact, Switzerland, the richest country in Europe, has no mineral resources, it's a landlocked country with mountains all over the place.
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by chaloskyx: 3:26pm On Apr 18, 2023
while fossil fuels are still in vogue. so these idiots know the days of crude oil are numbered yet they make no future plans for Nigerians i pity this country make una continue
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by Jeezuzpick(m): 3:29pm On Apr 18, 2023
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by funshint(m): 3:30pm On Apr 18, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:
Malami is complicit. His aim is to collude with the other party and get his share.
You just spoke my mind....that man is a thief! He's always interested in big money cases like this that will favour him. I wish the in-coming administration will investigate this highly corrupt individual. One of the worst AGFs we've had in the history of this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by drealcivilceno(m): 3:33pm On Apr 18, 2023
N3TRAL:

The case is more than appearing on Arise TV to argue whether the FCT is a state or obtaining an injunction from the supreme court to stall currency swap.

The case in question involves influential multinationals that are secretly backed by their powerful European home countries. It requires the services of an expert.

Like I use to say, there are only to religions in the world, the ruling class- not the rich, and the workers.

Anything you think comes after that Na you know!

As for the technicalities, chatgpt can answer your questions, so I won't indulge.

Democracy is like so many streets linked to a single roundabout. If you take out the roundabout, guess what you have and trust me, so many want it out!
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by Kukutenla: 3:36pm On Apr 18, 2023
dre11:

It seems Abacha family is the biggest beneficiary of APC govt after all

Zombies, una see una life... shouting darling daddy for eight years just so Mohammed Abacha can pocket $500m without raising a finger while you unfortunate souls attract curses for yourselves 24/7 all over the Internet for 30k.
Another set of Zombies are looking to also install a man who has distributed the richest state in the country to his family and cronies and is now set to distribute the entire country while they keep calling others names.
Pitiful citizens

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by FireUpNow(m): 3:39pm On Apr 18, 2023
1zvv6bba:
Free!!
You said your training is not affiliate or ponzi, then what is it?
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by BJanta: 4:04pm On Apr 18, 2023
How can we win such a case when we have a lump of cow dung as the AGF. Show me one local case that Malami has won since he was dashed the AGF office by his father-inlaw , talkies of international.
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by bigtt76(f): 4:15pm On Apr 18, 2023
As of they didn't know it was a bad case they cannot win. Now they will be forced to concede and risk being sued for loss of revenue from the said oil block

dre11:

Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by stanisbaratheon: 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2023
It is not farfetched to see that this dishonorable man is about to betray his country. That is if he is even a Nigerian.
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by favor914: 4:56pm On Apr 18, 2023
blueghost:
This man is just a caricature how did he manage to be a lawyer in the first place.
When you put nepotism ahead of brilliance that's what you get
Ungrateful thing, he is fighting on your behalf, if he did nothing you would have wailed, they made an effort you still wail?

Incoherent fellow.
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by favor914: 4:57pm On Apr 18, 2023
stanisbaratheon:
It is not farfetched to see that this dishonorable man is about to betray his country. That is if he is even a Nigerian.
Poor man mentality, you are entitled to it.
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by bdon123(m): 4:59pm On Apr 18, 2023
dre11:

This big thief...criminal AGF.He has made a deal for retirement package.
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by Femmyfamous4u(m): 5:12pm On Apr 18, 2023
lexy2014:

He is the Attorney general of the federation. If a lawyer wants you to fail, he knows the case to file. You would think he's helping you but the case will fail.
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by Zane2point4(m): 5:33pm On Apr 18, 2023
blueghost:
This man is just a caricature how did he manage to be a lawyer in the first place.

Even he facially he doesn’t look bright,nigeria just left the brightest of its own and filled in dumb ppl in the lead!

1 Like

Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by stanisbaratheon: 7:42pm On Apr 18, 2023
favor914:
Poor man mentality, you are entitled to it.

It is only fools and peasants that call people they don't know poor.
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by seeyounow1: 8:17pm On Apr 18, 2023
the oil field they paying delta state are in ondo state. ondo own the oil field they are paying derivation to delta state.

most of the oil field are not in delta state but they are in ondo state. but delta state is been paid for it
Ondo state is the largest producer of oil in Nigeria.

the narrow path is delta state. the oil well are located in ondo state

1 Like

Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by lexy2014: 8:49pm On Apr 18, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

He is the Attorney general of the federation. If a lawyer wants you to fail, he knows the case to file. You would think he's helping you but the case will fail.

who did the prosecution in foreign countries?
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by Femmyfamous4u(m): 8:51pm On Apr 18, 2023
lexy2014:

who did the prosecution in foreign countries?
P& ID
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by rosamaris: 8:51pm On Apr 18, 2023
I am learning a lot on nairaland honestly. How would I have known anything called OPL 245?

Nairalanders una do well.

1 Like

Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by lexy2014: 9:03pm On Apr 18, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

P& ID

sorry, whats the meaning of P&ID?
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by Femmyfamous4u(m): 9:08pm On Apr 18, 2023
lexy2014:

sorry, whats the meaning of P&ID?
The company suing Nigeria.
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by lexy2014: 9:41pm On Apr 18, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:
The company suing Nigeria.

then that isnt prosecution. P&ID is a private entity and cannot prosecute and i I dont see any mention of P&ID in the story. even if it could prosecute, that doesn't explain how Malami is responsible for Nigerias losses in the case or prove that he has been bribed and that's why nigeria lost the case.

from the write up, foreign prosecutors and investigators couldn't prove their case and Malami isn't responsible for that.

“I. Judgment of the UK Courts delivered on 22 May 2020 declining jurisdiction in a case filed by FGN against Shell/SNUD and ENI asking for compensation in the sum of $1.1 billion in relation to their conduct in the OPL 245 2011 Resolution Agreements;

“II. Judgment of the Italian Constitutional Court dated 17th March 2021, in the Prosecution of NAE in Milan, Italy for international corruption allegedly connected with OPL 245 2011 Resolution Agreements which was concluded in favour of ENI;

“III. Judgment delivered by the UK Court in June 2022, the FGN lost its $1.7 billion claim against JP Morgan Bank over transfers of proceeds from the sale of OPL 245 pursuant to the OPL 245 2011 Resolution Agreements.

“IV. The US Department of Justice previously investigated the OPL 245 2011 transaction and announced in October 2019 that it was closing the case.

“V. In April 2020, the US Securities and Exchange Commission also closed investigation into the controversial OPL 245 deal after it could not prove fraud or corruption.”
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by TrumpDonald2: 11:13pm On Apr 18, 2023
blueghost:
Quota system lawyer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by Lifestone(m): 5:39am On Apr 19, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:
So what options are you proposing
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 6:04am On Apr 19, 2023
But we told you people this thing, even here on Nairaland. Stop media trials but you refused knowing fully well that most Nigerians never read anything beyond headlines talk less of reading lengthy articles. At least, the only people who benefited from this show of shame are the Nigerian lawyers who benefited travel allowance abi estacode. Major flexing for those ones
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by MeineMutter: 6:32pm On Apr 19, 2023
Earthstorms:
That block issue was settled out of court by Jonathan's government.

Money was paid to the federal government who in turn paid some of the litigants to drop their suits so that the block can be developed for the benefit of the country.

Then APC happened and took the nation back by 14 years.

It is now they are realizing that they are chasing shadows.

A deal mediated by the federal government for which the federal government collected payment on behalf of the parties can not be proven to be fraud, otherwise all federal government transactions can be labeled as fraud.

Development of the company abi development of private pockets? Let’s all be making proper clarifications o 😃😃👍👍
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases by blueghost(m): 1:33pm On Apr 20, 2023
favor914:
Ungrateful thing, he is fighting on your behalf, if he did nothing you would have wailed, they made an effort you still wail?

Incoherent fellow.

I wanted to reply you reasonably but when I saw your posts and your picture that you wagging your tongue like a dog I just know there's nothing in that head of yours

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Declares PDP Winner Of ALL Elections In Zamfara / Sanwo-Olu: I Once Worked As A Plumber 30 Years Ago / The New NSA, Boko Haram And The Release Of Boko Haram Co-founder "Tishau"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.