Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,513 members, 7,905,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 12:05 AM

Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. (35140 Views)

Why Men Get Intimidated By Richer/successful Women / A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 / PATERNITY FRAUD: 30% Of Nigerian Men Are Fathering Children That Aren’t Theirs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Nobody: 3:41am On Apr 20, 2023
Flamemignon1:

It depends on what you envision "single" to be, it's a state of mind at the end of the day,you can have a partner and still be lonely as hell while someone who don't will be the prime definition of happy and please speak for yourselves,not everyone needs "the opposite sex" for completion, that's literally the dumbest thing I've heard all day

Even in the animal world and as dumb we refer them to be, they are aware of the fact that a female animal needs the male for completion, procreation, healthy living and vice versa.

Are you below an animal?
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by FireUpNow(m): 3:45am On Apr 20, 2023
Th y are very arrogant but she is still a woman.
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Nobody: 3:46am On Apr 20, 2023
frozen70:

How many things in the Bible does men obey

Including the one that says love your wife

Did the Bible say have side chic

Just give your husband that respect and submission and watch how he would love everything about you including your poo!
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by frozen70(f): 3:50am On Apr 20, 2023
CondenseMilk:

Just give your husband that respect and submission and watch how he would love everything about you including your poo!

Comment on the post not on my personal life because my husband haven't told you that I don't respect him

Concerntrate on the topic and my response

1 Like

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Haymus007(m): 3:56am On Apr 20, 2023
Negrogee:
Successful women don't normally give a damn about men...
Not all men
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Nobody: 3:57am On Apr 20, 2023
frozen70:

Comment on the post not on my personal life because my husband haven't told you that I don't respect him

Concerntrate on the topic and my response

But you write like one who has a bitter marriage!
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by frozen70(f): 4:01am On Apr 20, 2023
CondenseMilk:

But you write like one who has a bitter marriage!

Go and read my post very well

I am happily married with children and God has blessed me that's why i do respond to people on this forum when they send account details for assistance

I know what it means not to have anything
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by franchasofficia: 4:07am On Apr 20, 2023
Naturally, men are not attracted to a woman based on her achievements in life because men don't desire women because of provision, men are usually attracted to a woman mainly to satisfy their emotional need not for material need.

Once a man sets eyes on a woman, the first thing that runs through his mind is how pretty, sexy and enjoyable she will be in the oza room shocked. He may consider other qualities in the woman later, but man's primary need from a woman is sex and care. It is because of economic hardship or financial difficulty that makes men even consider marrying a financially rich or comfortable lady. A rich guy cares less about a lady's success. He may only want the girl to come from a rich or comfortable family background to minimize the possibility of her becoming a gold digger, but not necessarily for her to be rich herself.

My wife is in a career that makes women become rich easily and this career makes them feel kind of pompous/arrogant to men lol, but she knows that whatever financial growth she is getting or will get in future from her career no concern me, so she remains loyal cos na me still de buy her undies grin

But from my personal observation from friends and some family members married to ladies richer than them lol, I will advice any young man to focus on being financially successful, pray as your wife gets richer, that God blesses you with more wealth oh, if not na Oyo state for you lol.

Financial success or career success can change women eh lol, except their hubby is richer and not depending on them or asking them for a dime.

Honestly with what I notice around friends that married ladies richer than them, its risky marrying a rich lady if you aren't richer than her oh lol.

This always makes me wonder how my own marriage would have been if I was broke and not able to provide 100 percent for my family, maybe my Nyarinya for de lock me for house with big chains grin

I thank God oh, I will never go down till I depart this earth, no woman except my daughter(s) will be richer than me till I sign out from this earth, and even if my wife becomes the next Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, I will make sure say na me de pay all my family bills 100 percent, make she carry her money go give her papa and mama abeg lol. Thank God my wife knows that I don't care if she earns 1billion per hour cos I will still be buying her car, paying for her driver, and making her know that she is still a broke woman where I de cheesy

To all these Naija single boiz searching for Linda Ikeji and Folarunsho Alakija to marry, make una de careful oh, we weh de on that table are grateful we escaped their wahala by grace, I wonder how a guy earning 1 or 2milla per month go survive staying happily married to all these beautiful successful career ladies, na cane them go de use wake una up for morning grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Nobody: 4:12am On Apr 20, 2023
frozen70:

Go and read my post very well

I am happily married with children and God has blessed me that's why i do respond to people on this forum when they send account details for assistance

I know what it means not to have anything

Ok, I understand you are very rich but that is different from the topic of discuss.

Even with all your wealth, you still need a happy home and money doesn't provide that.

I have just reminded you of what to do in order to remain happy in your marriage.
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by franchasofficia: 4:16am On Apr 20, 2023
Rokiat:
This is a great topic with many layers to it.

The problem is that many women lead with their achievements. They achieved and believe oh well
I’m a high achiever I don’t gotta clean for no man I don’t gotta cook for no man infact I don’t need a man. That’s the issue right there.

I have said it before and I will say it here again, men don’t give a damn about a woman’s achievements. Maybe your home girls will clap for you but this is not all a man is looking for. An uneducated woman who’s broke and never been to college don’t work but can cook, have good nurturing skills, a good mother, fine as hell, good in bed, will always get the better man than a woman who’s hella accomplished and is totally out of touch with her womanly side and roles.

Fun fact as you are off to work, he’s fu..cking that unemployed woman that truly makes him feel like a man.

Also many of these women achieved and start shouting it at the top of their lungs, a big turn off to many men. A man’s would love you to leave space for him to come in and be a man, provide for you, get you that car that house for the family etc but if you buy yourself all
Of these things and claiming to be an independent strong woman that has everything and the only thing you need is a man well my sister you will stay long waiting for that man.

The truth is bitter, but a successful man is treated like a big baller in society but you as a successful woman well sorry but many men don’t care. And the issue is that many successfully women wants the accolades, the praises, special treatment and to be exempt from their womanly duties simply because they are successful in society. It’s just as bad as men wanting special treatment and better positions because they look good. Lol that’s funny but imagine a man thinking because he looks good so he will get a higher position…rarely ever as in ever. A woman looks yes that matters but a man? Nope not really because that doesn’t impact on his ability to provide or protect. Women have to stop thinking just because they are successful and high achievers they don’t gotta do what a man’s requires of a woman to
Make him feel like a man.

And this is for the women that wants lasting and happy relationships. If you want to be a strong independent woman that don’t need no man kudos to you, do you but you can’t have your cake and eat it too.

Hmmmmm, you wrote perfectly like a man, are you sure u are a female? If you are a female, then it means that u really understand life and relationship so well, kudos oh, wow
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Royceey(m): 4:18am On Apr 20, 2023
Women don't know how to handle Success! Most successful women will see their Self superior to Man accompanied with arrogant and independent Mindset!
Study has shown that when a Man succeed he desire to have a Woman that will come and enjoy his Success! But a successful Woman feels she does not need a again in her life!
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Greenfusion: 4:18am On Apr 20, 2023
You're quite right, most women get intoxicated by their success, the advent of social media also worsened the case. I don't think men fear successful women like you stated, they just fear being disrespected, but also we always assume successful women are arrogant, sincerely not all are, this assumption has made men run away from them, not fair on them, they also need love, care and pampering too like every other woman.
My advice to successful women is, just be good and stay true to yourself, gold is never hidden.

I really love women that are intelligent, cultured and hardworking, not those lazy babes that depend on men and are still arrogant and uncultured, claiming success.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Osombo: 4:48am On Apr 20, 2023
👍❤️🖤💙
Rokiat:

The problem is that many women lead with their achievements. They achieved and believe oh well
I’m a high achiever I don’t gotta clean for no man I don’t gotta cook for no man infact I don’t need a man. That’s the issue right there.

I have said it before and I will say it here again, men don’t give a damn about a woman’s achievements. Maybe your home girls will clap for you but this is not all a man is looking for. An uneducated woman who’s broke and never been to college don’t work but can cook, have good nurturing skills, a good mother, fine as hell, good in bed, will always get the better man than a woman who’s hella accomplished and is totally out of touch with her womanly side and roles.

Fun fact as you are off to work, he’s fu..cking that unemployed woman that truly makes him feel like a man.

Also many of these women achieved and start shouting it at the top of their lungs, a big turn off to many men. A man’s would love you to leave space for him to come in and be a man, provide for you, get you that car that house for the family etc but if you buy yourself all
Of these things and claiming to be an independent strong woman that has everything and the only thing you need is a man well my sister you will stay long waiting for that man.

The truth is bitter, but a successful man is treated like a big baller in society but you as a successful woman well sorry but many men don’t care. And the issue is that many successfully women wants the accolades, the praises, special treatment and to be exempt from their womanly duties simply because they are successful in society. It’s just as bad as men wanting special treatment and better positions because they look good. Lol that’s funny but imagine a man thinking because he looks good so he will get a higher position…rarely ever as in ever. A woman looks yes that matters but a man? Nope not really because that doesn’t impact on his ability to provide or protect. Women have to stop thinking just because they are successful and high achievers they don’t gotta do what a man’s requires of a woman to

And this is for the women that wants lasting and happy relationships. If you want to be a strong independent woman that don’t need no man kudos to you, do you but you can’t have your cake and eat it too.

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Rokiat(f): 4:49am On Apr 20, 2023
franchasofficia:
Hmmmmm, you wrote perfectly like a man, are you sure u are a female? If you are a female, then it means that u really understand life and relationship so well, kudos oh, wow

Lol I am a woman.

2 Likes

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Rhozabeth(m): 5:11am On Apr 20, 2023
Rokiat:

Where does yourkind of woman come from? I thought for once that u are a man because ur view is too perfect to be coming from a woman! Anyway i have no iota of doubt that with this kinda view, you will most probably have a good marriage/relationship since you already know more than half what makes a man happy!

1 Like

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by franchasofficia: 5:16am On Apr 20, 2023
Rokiat:

Lol I am a woman.
That sounds great. Your first comment on this thread answered the question, nothing extra.

I am happily married to a successful lady, though she wasn't as successful as she was now when I married her.

So you are 100 percent correct, kudos, with your reasoning, if you are not yet married, then you stand greater chance of having a great marital life

1 Like

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Pakwel(m): 5:17am On Apr 20, 2023
Goodlady:
not true..
Men are just unbelievable
1 naira otondo
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by pendragonbladgo(m): 5:20am On Apr 20, 2023
Most women lacks self control, only very few women could control their attitude when successful, they easily count fault, unnecessarily rude, they miss steps in the state of meekness.

I have had several experiences from a Banker to a Nurse to a Lady car owner, it wasn't cool. I just simply delete their numbers to totally avoid them.

3 Likes

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by babakb: 5:23am On Apr 20, 2023
CondenseMilk:

Ok, I understand you are very rich but that is different from the topic of discuss.

Even with all your wealth, you still need a happy home and money doesn't provide that.

I have just reminded you of what to do in order to remain happy in your marriage.

Stop deceiving yourself, Money buys happiness these days angry angry angry
Economic Relevance is what matters now, Men should get off their lazy butts and make their money so that they can continue to be in charge wink wink wink

Don't tell me you are among those people that expect a woman to share the bills 50-50 and still do the house chores!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Flamemignon1(m): 5:28am On Apr 20, 2023
CondenseMilk:

Even in the animal world and as dumb we refer them to be, they are aware of the fact that a female animal needs a man for completion, procreation, healthy living and vice versa.

Are you below an animal?
Higher than them

1 Like

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by maticar: 5:38am On Apr 20, 2023
Persephone1:
Men aren't afraid of successful women perse most men can't relate with successful women because they come with lots of compromise men can't afford. The traditional man wants a woman who will always be available, who won't question his opinions and decisions ( right or wrong) a woman who will cook, do house chores, be a "yes sir" etc. A successful woman may not be able to meet up with all these.

For most Nigerian men money is their bargaining chip in a relationship, there ability to provide a woman's need give them surge of control, relevance and power. Dealing with a woman who can't take care of herself can be very difficult for a man who is yet to realize that his existence is more than ability to provide.

Successful women demands more, for the everyday woman, her wants in a man may be limited to "being taken care of" but for a successful woman she will demand more varying from accountability to loyalty to having a say in decisions, sharing responsibilities etc. Her demands are higher and sometimes impossible to meet for average men.

Of course, some successful women can be proud, unruly and difficult to relate with but trust me, all these stem from "see finish" i.e what can the man offer but truth is when they finally meet the right one, they submit.

hypergamy
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by lexy2014: 6:03am On Apr 20, 2023
frozen70:

How many things in the Bible does men obey

Including the one that says love your wife

Did the Bible say have side chic

What are you quarreling with exactly?
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by lexy2014: 6:04am On Apr 20, 2023
Flamemignon1:

It depends on what you envision "single" to be, it's a state of mind at the end of the day,you can have a partner and still be lonely as hell while someone who don't will be the prime definition of happy and please speak for yourselves,not everyone needs "the opposite sex" for completion, that's literally the dumbest thing I've heard all day

If you don't the opposite sex to be complete maritally, what do you need to be complete?
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by WilliamsAE: 6:04am On Apr 20, 2023
RTID:
“Men are afraid of successful women”

I wonder why men allowed this lie to go unchallenged for so long.

That is, they deceived so many women to believe that a man will see a woman making ground breaking achievements in her industry and be afraid of her success, instead he will go and chase one broke, unemployed and uninspiring woman.

Which successful woman in this world is single because men are afraid of her?

Watch women claim now that they know someone, not them oh. Someone.

I can tell you for free that a woman will buy Toyota Big for nothing and starts talking down on men that don’t have cars, becomes unnecessary rude to everyone around her and when people avoid her, she’ll say it’s because she’s successful.

No one is avoiding you because you are successful, they are avoiding you because of your bad attitude. There are women that are more successful than you that are happily married.

Why your own dey different?

Men are not afraid of successful women. Men are afraid of women with bad attitude, successful or not.
Tell unsuccessful man this not successful men...they play

1 Like

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Arielle: 6:14am On Apr 20, 2023
Rokiat:

2000 likes. I wish you could publish it in a book. But will we women listen.

2 Likes

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by gabbytabby: 6:15am On Apr 20, 2023
Most Nigerian men fall into 2 categories

A) Oppressors / controlling
B) Those looking for someone they can take advantage of

Hence why a majority are scared of smart, well to do and successful women.

It’s a woman’s job to chose as her head someone she can be proud of. Be coy if you have to be.

B)
RTID:
“Men are afraid of successful women”

I wonder why men allowed this lie to go unchallenged for so long.

That is, they deceived so many women to believe that a man will see a woman making ground breaking achievements in her industry and be afraid of her success, instead he will go and chase one broke, unemployed and uninspiring woman.

Which successful woman in this world is single because men are afraid of her?

Watch women claim now that they know someone, not them oh. Someone.

I can tell you for free that a woman will buy Toyota Big for nothing and starts talking down on men that don’t have cars, becomes unnecessary rude to everyone around her and when people avoid her, she’ll say it’s because she’s successful.

No one is avoiding you because you are successful, they are avoiding you because of your bad attitude. There are women that are more successful than you that are happily married.

Why your own dey different?

Men are not afraid of successful women. Men are afraid of women with bad attitude, successful or not.

2 Likes

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Cassandraloius: 6:16am On Apr 20, 2023
This is so true.
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by husbandsnatcha(f): 6:16am On Apr 20, 2023
Ok ooo
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Teymanhenry(f): 6:16am On Apr 20, 2023
Very few successful women respect their partners. If Ronaldo will begin to have issues with his partner because she is becoming successful and now arrogant then it's a lesson for us. I can mention a thousand times how s women looked down on their partner because they become more wuccesfusuccessful
Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Psoul(m): 6:19am On Apr 20, 2023
Men are not afraid of successful women.
Men are turned off cos of the behaviours of most successful women.
Once a woman becomes successful, it will enter her head. She will feel that everyone should bow for her and make way for her wherever she enters.
Even the one you're married to and you've bn giving her all she wanted. You takes her to the moon and back. Once the equation shifts and the money moves from you to her, after few moments, she will expect you to bow to her for everything even forgetting that you never treated her badly when you had all the money you wanted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. by Maxxim: 6:25am On Apr 20, 2023
Most men don't hate successful women, they just dislike what those women will become, that's two masculine energy how do they compliment each other

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason / What Led To The Greatest Flogging You Received As A Kid?? / My Husband Left Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.