Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,141 members, 7,887,306 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:22 AM

Countries In Africa Owned By China? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Countries In Africa Owned By China? (548 Views)

Richest Countries In The World 2024 / Is China Colonising Africa? Photos Of AU Headquarters Funded & Built By China / Dwight Schar: Inside £48million Superyacht Owned By US Billionaire (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Countries In Africa Owned By China? by ycat: 5:32pm On Apr 18, 2023
China trade official said at 20 mins mark that "we are not stupid, we do what is profitable."

Kenya is required to apply Chinese law to their system in exchange for loans and will lose the biggest port if it can't pay back the loans.

Sri-Lanka lost its port for the same reason.

Malaysia had to elect a 92 years old prime minister to help them renegotiate the deals.

What will happen to African countries being built up by Chinese?

https://www.nairaland.com/5981755/us-politics-today/115#122598886
Re: Countries In Africa Owned By China? by Xammie001(m): 5:56pm On Apr 18, 2023
now my own is can't African leader help renegotiate the loan and pay till the country is able to pay back,is it till it become worst before they do something

1 Like

Re: Countries In Africa Owned By China? by Darnell9(m): 6:31pm On Apr 18, 2023
I once saw a project nightfall video about this topic, in the video the guy was talking about china's plan to colonise the world starting from africa by giving loans to poor african countries then taking the country when they can't pay back. If i had data i would have uploaded the video it quite worth watching it ended by saying if things do not change our grandchildren will be living in the globlal republic of china showing the map of the republic.

1 Like

Re: Countries In Africa Owned By China? by ycat: 6:35pm On Apr 18, 2023
The small bribery won't let African leaders see the big picture.
Xammie001:
now my own is can't African leader help renegotiate the loan and pay till the country is able to pay back,is it till it become worst before they do something

1 Like

Re: Countries In Africa Owned By China? by Xammie001(m): 6:36pm On Apr 18, 2023
please post the link

Darnell9:
I once saw a project nightfall video about this topic, in the video the guy was talking about china's plan to colonise the world starting from africa by giving loans to poor african countries then taking the country when they can't pay back. If i had data i would have uploaded the video it quite worth watching it ended by saying if things do not change our grandchildren will be living in the globlal republic of china showing the map of the republic.
Re: Countries In Africa Owned By China? by Xammie001(m): 6:37pm On Apr 18, 2023
I see
when we ain't even united as a country how will we broker peace as a Continent

ycat:
The small bribery won't let African leaders see the big picture.

1 Like

Re: Countries In Africa Owned By China? by ycat: 6:42pm On Apr 18, 2023
I've been seeing the same documentary everywhere too, I just decided to post this one today.

China wants to create an empire and have African countries as the slave class like Uyghurs in China side of Turkey. Since china will be the only one with money as it has done in SriLanka.
Darnell9:
Re: Countries In Africa Owned By China? by pansophist(m): 9:28pm On Apr 18, 2023
Propaganda.

Africa owe more debt to the West, than to China. And western debt has made the continent poorer, because it was never designed to uplift.

Conditions for loans from IMF or World Bank comes with intervening in the internal affairs of the borrowing countries. Such as austerity measures, cutting public spendings, opening up public services to privatisation

Or for political goals (eg sanction Russia and we will approve debt structuring), or that the new debt must be used to pay for the interest accrued by older debts.

Chinese debt doesn't have any of this conditions. And no single African country have defaulted on Chinese loans. China have restructured their debt to Africa closed to hundred times.

Russia for example have forgiven billions upon billions of African nation debts. Just walking the streets of African cities, you'll see Chinese themselves building and constructing. Their assistance is felt by the general population.

The so-called beacon of democracy have never done any of these. Please if you know any instances of Western countries cancelling or forgiving debts of African countries, let me know.

I refer anyone interested in this debt issue deeply to read the book by Zambian economist Dambisa Moyo titled "Dead aid". Also, check out the book titled " Confession of an economic hitman" By John Perkins.

Economic hitmen actually exist, and John Perkins was one of them. They work for the US government through the CIA. Just like a hitman kills people, economic hitmen kill economies. The West knows that it's only a matter of time, the young shall grow, so they find ways to drown targeted countries in debt, hindering their growth, and controlling their resources. Nigeria was a target, he mentioned it in his book.

So be careful when you fall for the propaganda of Western narratives, and their rats that have populated nairaland. Before you will earn the right to criticise someone, you must be innocent yourself. Be vigilant.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Countries In Africa Owned By China? by lordm(m): 10:40pm On Apr 18, 2023
No country in Africa is owned by china, stop posting trash

2 Likes

Re: Countries In Africa Owned By China? by BidenDTrounced: 3:35pm On Apr 26, 2023
pansophist:
Propaganda.

Africa owe more debt to the West, than to China. And western debt has made the continent poorer, because it was never designed to uplift.

Conditions for loans from IMF or World Bank comes with intervening in the internal affairs of the borrowing countries. Such as austerity measures, cutting public spendings, opening up public services to privatisation

Or for political goals (eg sanction Russia and we will approve debt structuring), or that the new debt must be used to pay for the interest accrued by older debts.

Chinese debt doesn't have any of this conditions. And no single African country have defaulted on Chinese loans. China have restructured their debt to Africa closed to hundred times.

Russia for example have forgiven billions upon billions of African nation debts. Just walking the streets of African cities, you'll see Chinese themselves building and constructing. Their assistance is felt by the general population.

The so-called beacon of democracy have never done any of these. Please if you know any instances of Western countries cancelling or forgiving debts of African countries, let me know.

I refer anyone interested in this debt issue deeply to read the book by Zambian economist Dambisa Moyo titled "Dead aid". Also, check out the book titled " Confession of an economic hitman" By John Perkins.

Economic hitmen actually exist, and John Perkins was one of them. They work for the US government through the CIA. Just like a hitman kills people, economic hitmen kill economies. The West knows that it's only a matter of time, the young shall grow, so they find ways to drown targeted countries in debt, hindering their growth, and controlling their resources. Nigeria was a target, he mentioned it in his book.

So be careful when you fall for the propaganda of Western narratives, and their rats that have populated nairaland. Before you will earn the right to criticise someone, you must be innocent yourself. Be vigilant.

ParasiteWest:
The interest of the West in developing countries is to make sure the developing countries remain impoverished so the citizens of those countries would find migration to the West for 'greener pastures' attractive where they're then exploited and exposed to modern day slavery. Their intent is to keep the West as a 'paradise' in the minds of the manipulated public. The West influenced the politics of Africa directly/indirectly
Re: Countries In Africa Owned By China? by panafrican(m): 11:30am On Apr 27, 2023
China owns at least 10 % of the US, say at least five ( 5) states.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: We Will Execute Bazoum If You Ivade Our Territory (niger Junta) / Saudi Arabia To Open First Alcohol Store In Riyadh / Woman Uses Aids Threat To Rob Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.