Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,755 members, 7,915,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 04:34 PM

3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 (81223 Views)

Ussd Codes For Nigerian Banks / Nigerian Banks Stop ATM Cash Withdrawal Abroad / How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Emma513: 1:53pm On Apr 19, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I see Buhari changing his name before handing over, I see some states in Nigeria changing their names as well, I see Seun changing his name to Obinna, I see mynd44 changing his name to abubaka, I see Nairaland bearing a new name. It's the era of change my people, change your names and surnames, so as to benefit from this era.

This I have seen.
LOL grin
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by hometruth: 1:55pm On Apr 19, 2023
[This comment got me laughing real seriously... hahaha]Lol so in one word People using Sterling Bank will be having two Account Number at the Same time....

Abeg aw Sterling bank customer go take know which Faction dem dey like this Wahala too much for this country....[/quote]
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Ingriid(f): 2:01pm On Apr 19, 2023
diplomat058:

There is a clause called object in memo of association, a legal document that births companies. It states the kind of business the company wants to do. The company is not allowed to do any business not related to that object. Now, Nigerian banks have made much money from banking which is their object. They want to invest in other sectors but this object (banking and financial investment) is limiting them. As a result, they are changing into holding companies. Holding companies are allowed to buy shares and invest in various companies. So what the banks are doing is to become holding companies, and then restructure their banking operations as one of their subsidiaries. That way, they are given wings to fly and explore other money making fields. Also, if a subsidiary of an holding company is owning you, you cannot go after the holding company because they are legally protected from the debts of their subsidiaries in which they have shares.

Hope this helps

Apt! Thanks

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by AKWATGOLD1(m): 2:03pm On Apr 19, 2023
I think this what Oceanic and Intercontinental Bank should have do be this when CBN headed by Sanusi then pressurized the two bank for capitalization without IPO or PO share sales.
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by imagrg(m): 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2023
Cashless Banks shifting base. grin
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by digithub(m): 2:08pm On Apr 19, 2023
I hope this will translate to better services and peace of mind for customers of these banks.

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Jacku: 2:10pm On Apr 19, 2023
Wow! Didn't see this coming o.
Anyway, when was the last time you used Oraimo? Well, the Oraimo freepods 4 is out so you can start using it.

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Godstiger(m): 2:10pm On Apr 19, 2023
The problem of Nigeria;to keep changing clothes without bathing

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by solacong: 2:11pm On Apr 19, 2023
obailala:
Just a case of greedy CEOs not wanting to step aside...

when they set max tenure, they refused to step down, but they still found a way around it, all the banks should change to holding na, greedy is the word
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by uuzba(m): 2:12pm On Apr 19, 2023
Tntsi:
Let the change of name metamorphos into more efficient bank services. That is what we crave for.
Zenith Holding?
That one means the ATMS will never work again.
They should have called it
Zenith Giving.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Menclothing: 2:12pm On Apr 19, 2023
Lordofalmajiri:
lol happened to me as well... They intentionally blocked me from receiving alerts, I was fast enough to pull out my money from them. Na Thieves full that bank

They are a big scam I show them screenshots they said I should show sms alert or transaction in history which Dey hv deleted. And my money reduced

Have remove all my money from Sterling

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by MrBroke(m): 2:14pm On Apr 19, 2023
Changing name wont change their flaws. grin
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by dododawa1: 2:25pm On Apr 19, 2023
Grammar start to end
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Deew22: 2:29pm On Apr 19, 2023
inoki247:
Lol so in one word People using Sterling Bank will be having two Account Number at the Same time....

Abeg aw Sterling bank customer go take know which Faction dem dey like this Wahala too much for this country....

All exisiting sterling customers account is in the Conventional.. . For you to have an Sterling Alternative Account, you will need to go open a Sterling Alternative Finance account.
I have the two accounts currently. I use the conventional for my salary and I use the Sterling Alternative for my savings.

I hope you get?

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Deew22: 2:34pm On Apr 19, 2023
Obyangel:
Wahala no dey finish for this country. Sterling bank, biko update me on which division I dey oooo

All Sterling accounts are conventional.
If you want a Sterling Alternative Finance Account, you will have to open Sterling Alternative Account. So Sterling account by default is conventional. You get?

More so, the two are under one, they are both called Sterling. You get?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by 12345baba(m): 2:35pm On Apr 19, 2023
Useless sterling
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Comelysync: 2:38pm On Apr 19, 2023
This guys just push out nomenclatures to show they are working meanwhile it's all bullshit. The CBN under Emeifile is doing something dangerous, having a holding company in charge of a sector of the economy which is pivotal to the economy is dangerous, it will limit CBN supervision.
If this banks gives out bad loans through the head of the holding firms, who are not subject to the regulations of the CBN barring MDs/CEO more than 10 years on the saddle.. We can see a return of Akingbolas, Cecilia Ibrus, Atuches, people who will give loans to family and friends without collaterals, when it fails the bank get bail out with tax payers money through government, in this case instead of the real preparators going to jail.. Nobody will go to jail because it's the holding company calling the shots.. Which can't be under CBN regulations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by olisaEze(m): 2:57pm On Apr 19, 2023
undecided
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Pacyrus(m): 2:59pm On Apr 19, 2023
[quote author=seunny4lif post=122615687]There was time of Oceanic Bank, Intercontinental bank
Can't remember most of there names again [/quo

Intercontinental bank got merged with UBA, hence my patronage with UBA since 2002.
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by MarketDispatch: 3:02pm On Apr 19, 2023
My own question is ..why is CBN allowing this? Why should a bank use my money to compete against me...
A bank should only offer financial services like it is being done abroad.

A bank should not be collecting my money and using it to open travel agency, selling recharge card, payment of nepa biils , selling rice, selling food, open Supermatkets, etc to compete against me. Banks should just offer financial services and support others to run their business.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by SmartyPants(m): 3:03pm On Apr 19, 2023
inoki247:
Lol so in one word People using Sterling Bank will be having two Account Number at the Same time....

Abeg aw Sterling bank customer go take know which Faction dem dey like this Wahala too much for this country....

I want to believe this is a joke?
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by inoki247: 3:09pm On Apr 19, 2023
Deew22:

All exisiting sterling customers account is in the Conventional.. . For you to have an Sterling Alternative Account, you will need to go open a Sterling Alternative Finance account.
I have the two accounts currently. I use the conventional for my salary and I use the Sterling Alternative for my savings.

I hope you get?

Lol na cruise no take am serious...m
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by AngelicBeing: 3:20pm On Apr 19, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I see Buhari changing his name before handing over, I see some states in Nigeria changing their names as well, I see Seun changing his name to Obinna, I see mynd44 changing his name to abubaka, I see Nairaland bearing a new name. It's the era of change my people, change your names and surnames, so as to benefit from this era.

This I have seen.
Hian, if your prophesy fails, l will send you to Sahara desert for 7000 days of Fasting Program tongue

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Archtype(m): 3:30pm On Apr 19, 2023
MarketDispatch:
My own question is ..why is CBN allowing this? Why should a bank use my money to compete against me...
A bank should only offer financial services like it is being done abroad.

A bank should not be collecting my money and using it to open travel agency, selling recharge card, payment of nepa biils , selling rice, selling food, open Supermatkets, etc to compete against me. Banks should just offer financial services and support others to run their business.
Exactly and with people's money available to them they can overtake in any business that they engaged in... Business na money

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by odinga1of: 3:51pm On Apr 19, 2023
Timblogga:
Bank PHB, Spring Bank, Diamond Bank.

Skye Bank always there, saying yes to my Dream!

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:55pm On Apr 19, 2023
BlueRayDick:
Sensational headline. Anybody who didn't read the body of the post would think the banks changed their names completely and not that they only catch on the new trend of banks having HOLD-CO

I'm telling you... I got confused at a point... Lol
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by hakeemhakeem(m): 4:43pm On Apr 19, 2023
inoki247:

you choose the one you which to operate either interest or non interest
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by deepwater(f): 4:54pm On Apr 19, 2023
BlueRayDick:
Sensational headline. Anybody who didn't read the body of the post would think the banks changed their names completely and not that they only catch on the new trend of banks having HOLD-CO

It's not a trend, it's now a law.
Banking must be for banking.
Anything outside banking should not be for banking.

I don't know how to explain deeper
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by airprinz(m): 5:07pm On Apr 19, 2023
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.
This man, what you've been smoking before commenting here is quite strong grin
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by alhajiabdulbuha: 5:15pm On Apr 19, 2023
They never told Nigerians that some Nigerian banks are parts and parcel politicians sucking the blood of poor vulnerable Nigerians help politicians such as Orji Uzor transfer money to his assets and banks plus airlines in Gambia and Arthiefky Abubakar and drug addict useless Tinubu
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by obailala(m): 5:34pm On Apr 19, 2023
Cromagnon:

Why should they step aside from their property? All these problem started when Soludo stated dictating banking to bankers and amplified problems.
Oga, when you head an organisation that thrives on other people's money, such organisation is not your personal property.
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by harmony75: 5:37pm On Apr 19, 2023
Will they be better in servicing their customers!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 11 Quick Loan Apps In Nigeria For Individuals And Business Owners / GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures / Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.