Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,728 members, 7,875,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:24 PM

When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos (6575 Views)

Obaseki Inspects Edo Radisson Hotel Project (Photos) / See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About / Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos by FairlyUSEDpussy: 8:42am On Apr 20, 2023
post=122623378:
I could remember when the project was flagged-off by Obiano to build the international convention centre in Awka 10,000 seating capacity many called white elephant project, this convention centre is biggest in Nigeria and now hosting series of events.

Currently Association of national accountants of Nigeria are holding their event there

LoL.....
In Nigeria ke??
How many place/state have u been to arrive at dat??

Just say the biggest u ever since local man........
Re: When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:47am On Apr 20, 2023
Sammy07:

You're the ignorant here.
There's no state that won't run on debts, in fact no country.

Mention any business man in Nigeria that doesn't owe debts, you obviously don't know reasons why banks or international banks borrow them. (Grab a finance book or economics book and read).

1. He refused to generate more, he partly raised the IGR, then how did he wanna generate money ?
How many allocations did Mimiko and Aregbe dey collect when they build their states then?
Ur excuse on allocation is a big trash.

2. More prudent without critical infrastructure lol. So you think money will be flying from heaven? How do you wanna generate income when you don't borrow do the critical infrastructure that's necessary to generate income like ICC.

3. He have problem during his tenure isn't an excuse
That Anambra state IGR increased was because of Peter Obi, Obi started the journey of Anambra becoming oil producing State, Orient Petroleum a state indigenous oil company started under Peter Obi, Obi attracted SABMiller, Obi built Onitsha mall, under Peter Obi companies like Orange drugs, Juhel, Tiger Food, Innoson vehicle manufacturing, Piko Juice, Tummy Tummy noodles, Eastern Distilleries etc came it to Anambra State, the teaching hospital in Awka that's generating money for the state was built by Peter Obi, Onitsha business Park 1 and 2 was built by him that's the fact, Obiano can't just come under two months Anambra IGR while jump to billions, Obi started the process and laid the foundation

1 Like

Re: When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos by LivingSage: 8:48am On Apr 20, 2023
God bless Willie Obiano, God punish that woman voiced criminal and that Anambra1stdevil
Re: When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:55am On Apr 20, 2023
LivingSage:
God bless Willie Obiano, God punish that woman voiced criminal and that Anambra1stdevil
I don't engage woman I would have place you where you belong
Re: When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos by Sammy07: 9:07am On Apr 20, 2023
post=122632025:

I know sincerity is far from you, you will be last man on earth to admit Obi performed better

This is just 2014 mid term allocations and check their debt

Go back to Debt office management and download report from 2006 - 2014
Re: When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos by Sammy07: 9:08am On Apr 20, 2023
post=122632173:

That Anambra state IGR increased was because of Peter Obi, Obi started the journey of Anambra becoming oil producing State, Orient Petroleum a state indigenous oil company started under Peter Obi, Obi attracted SABMiller, Obi built Onitsha mall, under Peter Obi companies like Orange drugs, Juhel, Tiger Food, Innoson vehicle manufacturing, Piko Juice, Tummy Tummy noodles, Eastern Distilleries etc came it to Anambra State, the teaching hospital in Awka that's generating money for the state was built by Peter Obi, Onitsha business Park 1 and 2 was built by him that's the fact, Obiano can't just come under two months Anambra IGR while jump to billions, Obi started the process and laid the foundation

Bring the figures of anambra igr from

2006 - 2014
Year by year, if you won't disgrace yourself.
Re: When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos by Sammy07: 9:09am On Apr 20, 2023
post=122631926:

Doom Akure is similar to women development centre Obi built in Awka when he was governor, Doom architecture might be more beautiful than women development centre Awka but it seating capacity and setting make more sense than Doom, both are small capacity not upto 1500 capacity when compare to Awka international convention centre

From the pictures 1 and 2 is Doom seating capacity in Akure, 2 and 3 in women development centre built by Obi in Awka

Well this, No probs.
Re: When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos by LivingSage: 9:13am On Apr 20, 2023
But u quote me! U wey dey zuzu.

Meanwhile there's a challenge waiting for you already.
Give us Anambra debt profile from 2006-2014 as well as the IGR.

You're dared to
post=122632309:

I don't engage woman I would have place you where you belong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:17am On Apr 20, 2023
Sammy07:

Bring the figures of anambra igr from

2006 - 2014
Year by year, if you won't disgrace yourself.

I don't have that, but you have to acknowledge the fact that Obi played major rule high increment of the state IGR in short period, it just like recent increase of Anambra State IGR now forgetting that the international airport, Agulu lake hotel, Awka ICC, Anambra rice mill and so many others were built by Obiano
Re: When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:20am On Apr 20, 2023
Sammy07:

Go back to Debt office management and download report from 2006 - 2014
I have searched before now, they don't have the records in their site in 2006, you can do that yourself
Re: When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos by slivertongue: 9:34am On Apr 20, 2023
LeopardX:

True. While I'm not an Anambrarian or Igbo, I served there during Obiano's tenure and i must defend and commend his decision to build the ICC.

Yes critical infrastructure need to be attended to, but where will the money come from?

IGR generated from private use of the ICC could be used to run one or 2 minor projects in the state. Little by little so much would have been done.

Let's look at the long run.

The question is how much was spent. White elephant projects are not only abandoned projects or uncompleted projects but a projects that is used to swindle the citizens. Most of the projects executed in Nigeria are white elephant projects. These projects last years while the cost of the projects is reviewed on yearly basis. Some of the celebrated projects don't generated 20% of cost used to executed them. A hospital is of great value than a stadium and cost less, a school is of functional effective than a hotel and cost less, a water scheme is of great effect than an ICC etc. A sitting governor awarded a set of projects for 36billion Naira with a fours years completion date. After attaining 80% completion the governor reviewed the cost, adding 24billion Naira to the cost of the project. This is a clear picture of a white elephant projects, a conduit pipe. Before we praise leaders and projects, we must ask at 'what cost'.
Re: When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos by saintkel(m): 9:37am On Apr 20, 2023
LeopardX:

I have problem with them on this.
I don't understand why road infrastructure and rehabilitation is not a priority.
I think by roads u mean federal roads.....almost all state n local govt roads r very viable

1 Like

Re: When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos by slivertongue: 9:43am On Apr 20, 2023
post=122632173:

The greatest impact of Obi on Anambra is the social order that came with his government which is lacking in many states. It is that order that came with him that is boosting investments and encouraging vertical minds to offer themselves for political office.

1 Like

Re: When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos by lereinter(m): 9:51am On Apr 20, 2023
A whole state government building conference centres and you are celebrating

He left school, hospital, security, Agric, transport

How much was the edifice?

See your life, unintelligent follower

Haba

Government can provide land as incentive, and let private sector do it and government collect revenue

But how will they steal money if ICC akwa isn't built
Re: When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos by slivertongue: 9:55am On Apr 20, 2023
tuzle:
u made a lot of sense. I think road construction, providing water for areas that lack and education should be focused on especially in the rural area. Like imaging if most rural area are as developed as the urban area people won't be rushing to the urban area thereby causing overpopulation

Apt summary &a valid point.
Re: When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:08am On Apr 20, 2023
lereinter:

A whole state government building conference centres and you are celebrating

He left school, hospital, security, Agric, transport

How much was the edifice?

See your life, unintelligent follower

Haba

Government can provide land as incentive, and let private sector do it and government collect revenue

But how will they steal money if ICC akwa isn't built
Is your state health sector, education, transportation, Agriculture better than Anambra We can debate in those sections you mentioned let compare Anambra and your state

1 Like

Re: When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos by lereinter(m): 10:21am On Apr 20, 2023
post=122633761:

Is your state health sector, education, transportation, Agriculture better than Anambra We can debate in those sections you mentioned let compare Anambra and your state

Lolzzzzz

Seek wisdom
Re: When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos by JagabanBorgu: 12:46pm On Apr 20, 2023
post=122625744:

Compare both states allocation just in 2022, still Akwa-Ibom debt still higher than Anambra
Every country in d world is indebted, America is more indebted than Nigèria, do we measure ourselves with them because of debt?
We are talking about growth in d society, if lgb0s own Akwa-ibom or Rivers, u will all be ñoîsy about it.
U will all be ñoîsy about it's cleanliness, stadium, airline, roads etc etc.
If u have visionary leaders like u are saying, u wón't be using oil revenue as excûsès, visionary leaders see what others can't see.
Re: When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos by JagabanBorgu: 12:47pm On Apr 20, 2023
post=122625704:

How about your state Like I said their is nothing in Akwa-Ibom, Anambra has robust cities, industries and more commercial activities than Akwa-ibom, If not for large allocation, Awka alone is more viable no to talk of Onitsha and Nnewi
Living in Anambra or Akwa-ibom which is better for d common man?
U all make too much nóísé, if u are more industrialized, that should cover for d oil allocations of Akwa-ibom who according to u dón't have anything.
Re: When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos by highchief1: 4:28pm On Apr 20, 2023
post=122631293:

Obi came in when it matters most in Anambra, when the state was bankrupt, when there was no infrastructure, when civil servants, pensioners and so many others were being own, education, security, health on ground zero, Obi was able to clear those bills, built many institutions in the state, like, teaching hospital, Anambra State university permanent site at Igbariam, state secretariat, built many roads and bridges, Onitsha business Park 1 and 2, revamped Harbour industrial layout Onitsha, built many schools, general hospitals, schools of nursing and midwifery, Obi built first heart Centre in South-east, Federal High Court building in Awka, State E library in Awka, Judiciary quarters, Alex Ekwueme Square Awka, reconstruction of Onitsha major road to 10 Lanes, Obi built Nkpor flyover, Obosi interchange, Obi built more than 6 pedestal bridges, Obi was the first Anambra governor to build roads and bridges to Anambra River line communities and so many others, still save money for his successor, if Obi placed Anambra in huge debt it would have hard for Obiano to succeed, mind you Obi's tenure was disrupted many times, many Court litigations, Obi was impeached twice in his first tenure, because opposition party PDP were majority they were frustrating him, it was second tenure APGA took control of the house, Obiano had no problem throughout his tenures. That is why Anambra and other Igbos respect Obi till tomorrow

Cc. Yarimo SalamRushdi most of you know the truth but because of hate against Obi you will not admit,
I agree bro

1 Like

Re: When Obiano Was Building ICC Some People Called It White Elephant Project(photos by Solsix(m): 7:46pm On Apr 20, 2023
[quote author= post=122625569]
The centre is located within Old road [/quote
I passed it through new road, and it was a mess

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stay Away From Bayelsa Election, PDP Tells Ganduje / Massive Protest In Owerri / I'm Not In Support Of Biafra Actualization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.