Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,879 members, 7,876,351 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:27 PM

I’m not aware of CG Immigration’s removal – Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m not aware of CG Immigration’s removal – Aregbesola (470 Views)

Hon Minister Of Interior, CG Immigration Visits Republic Of Belarus / Buhari Appoints Ahmed Audi As NSCDC CG, Nababa Ncos CG / Success Story Of Cg Abdullahi Gana Muhammadu At Nscdc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m not aware of CG Immigration’s removal – Aregbesola by adenigga(m): 11:24pm On Apr 19, 2023
:

…As FG approves Nigerian citizenship for 385 foreigners

…Nigerians to get subscription-based fire service

The Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, on Wednesday, in Abuja, said he is unaware of the directive mandating the retirement of the current Acting Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Immigration Service, Isah Idris.

“It is Greek to me,” Aregbesola said when fielding questions from State House correspondents on the matter after this week’s Federal Executive Council meeting presided over by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo at the Aso Rock Villa, Abuja.

Earlier on Wednesday, The PUNCH reported that the Governing Board of the Nigeria Immigration Service had served a retirement notice to Idris, effective on or before April 24, 2023.

In a memo sighted by our correspondent, the board cited the expiration of the one-year extension of service granted by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), directing the CGI to hand over to the most senior Deputy Comptroller General.

The memo, dated April 17, 2023, with code number CDCFIB/APPT.CG&DCG/61/VOL.IV/74 was signed by the Civil Defence, Correctional, Fire and Immigration Services Board Secretary, Obasi Edmond, on the orders of the Board chairman and Interior Minister, Rauf Aregbesola.

It was titled “Notification of expiration of one-year extension in office as acting Comptroller-General, Nigeria Immigration Service.”

It read, “I write to draw your attention to the end of one-year extension in office granted to you by Mr President via letter no. SH/COS/42/3/3/A128 dated April 22, 2022, and which would be expiring on April 24, 2023.

“Consequently, you are directed to hand over to the most senior Deputy Comptroller-General on or before Monday, April 24, 2023, pending Mr President’s appointment of a substantive Comptroller-General of the Service.

“The board is grateful to you for your immense contributions to the Nigeria Immigration Service and to the country and wishes you success in your future endeavours.”

But when asked to clarify the matter, Aregbesola said: “It is Greek to me.”

Meanwhile, the interior minister announced that the council had approved the grant of Nigerian citizenship to 385 foreign nationals.

He said while 317 persons will get citizenship by naturalisation, 68 will be conferred with citizenship by registration.

“The Council today approved the grant of Nigeria citizenship by naturalisation to 317 applicants and Nigerian citizenship by registration to 68 applicants who have met all the constitutional and administrative requirements for the grant of Nigerian citizenship,” Aregbesola said.

The Federal Executive Council also okayed a Public-Private Partnership contract to provide subscription-based fire safety for residential, institutional and commercial buildings.

The National Fire Detection and Alarm System will incorporate life safety systems, networking, monitoring and dispersion of fire personnel in real-time, the minister explained.

He said, “This will be a public-private partnership arrangement with Hoist Life Safety System Limited. At completion, Nigerians, who so desire, would subscribe to an automatic fire alarm system that they can have in their house.

“It will raise the alarm at each fire services station nationwide to point our firemen and officers to any fire emergency.

“It is going to be a cloud-based system with modern technology, fully digitised to facilitate prompt response to any distress or emergency on fire. This has no cost to the government but the subscription will be determined at the end of the entire process.”

Source: https://punchng.com/I-am-not-aware-of-CG-Immigrations-removal-Aregbesola

Re: I’m not aware of CG Immigration’s removal – Aregbesola by Synty00: 11:30pm On Apr 19, 2023
Am not conscious also

1 Like

Re: I’m not aware of CG Immigration’s removal – Aregbesola by Obidient4Tinubu(f): 12:48am On Apr 20, 2023
Worst ever

1 Like

Re: I’m not aware of CG Immigration’s removal – Aregbesola by Racoon(m): 1:35am On Apr 20, 2023
Everything always done like a secret cult.A lawless and confused government.

2 Likes

Re: I’m not aware of CG Immigration’s removal – Aregbesola by CHRISSANCHEZ(m): 2:56am On Apr 20, 2023
Even the acting president, Osibanjo is not aware too.......
What a shame !!!

2 Likes

Re: I’m not aware of CG Immigration’s removal – Aregbesola by FairlyUSEDpussy: 5:25am On Apr 20, 2023
Even if u knew.......is there anything u would have done??

1 Like

Re: I’m not aware of CG Immigration’s removal – Aregbesola by Ofunaofu: 5:48am On Apr 20, 2023
Even Buhari himself is not aware

2 Likes

Re: I’m not aware of CG Immigration’s removal – Aregbesola by Caramia2020(m): 5:51am On Apr 20, 2023
Buhari will be in shock because he might not be aware also, APC n unconsciousness.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Henchman, Moddibo Tukur Caught Running Ghost Worker Syndicate At NFIU / Finally Supreme Court Respond To The People Of Nigeria / President Tinubu Recieves In Audience, Former President Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.