Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,384 members, 7,961,212 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 06:26 PM

My View On The Paul And Silas Story. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My View On The Paul And Silas Story. (264 Views)

Paul And Becky Enenche Celebrate 26th Wedding Anniversary / Dr. Paul And Becky Enenche Take Christmas Welfare Ministration To Benue (PIX) / When Paul And Silas Was In Prison Who Was The DPO? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My View On The Paul And Silas Story. by AdetoyeAyomikun: 3:09am On Apr 20, 2023
Acts 16:17 reads, "The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation."

What I understand from this is that Paul was known by devils and demons. This time, it was a demon that was announcing him and Silas. The demon seemed to be mocking them, saying, "You guys are playing, but I know that you have power. However, in this place, you won't convert any souls." Alternatively, the demon may have been creating confusion and taking glory away from Paul and Silas, preventing people from hearing their message and instead causing them to glorify the demon.

Despite this, people might think, "Wow, this girl has a vision. She knows that these men are children of God." However, Paul had seen a vision before coming to the city in Acts 16:9, where a man from Macedonia appeared to him and asked him to come and help.

When Paul arrived, only Lydia had accepted Jesus on the first day. Paul knew that he had seen something, but since he arrived, a small girl had been shouting, "These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation." Initially, Paul and Silas did not understand the significance of her words, but Silas knew that Paul had seen something before coming.

Later, Paul recognized that the talkative spirit inside the girl was actually a distraction, and cast it out. This allowed them to fulfill their mission.

Lessons to be learned from this story include:

Not everything that looks like praise is genuine praise, and it is important to have a discerning spirit.

There is often a reason behind the challenges we face in life, and it is important to understand and fulfill our purpose.

After being thrown into prison, Paul and Silas prayed and sang praises to God. Suddenly, there was an earthquake, the prison doors opened, and everyone's chains were loosed. The keeper of the prison was about to kill himself but was stopped by Paul, who told him not to harm himself as they were all still there. The keeper then asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"

The main reason that Paul and Silas went to Macedonia was to save the keeper. In the end, the mission was accomplished, and the keeper was saved.

Whatever challenges life may bring, there is often a reason behind them. If we fail to find the reason, we will remain prisoners. However, if we find and fulfill our purpose, we can become fulfillers rather than prisoners.

Regardless of how small or hidden our purpose may seem, once we find and achieve it, we become more resilient and robust. In other words, we become achievers.

Finally, the magistrate called Paul and Silas and asked them to leave, but the mission had already been accomplished, and the keeper had been saved.

A man without vision will always end up in a sea of confusion

What do you think, what are your opinions.

(1) (Reply)

Tongues: Understanding Is Key / Hello, I Am Wawuda / Christianity Project On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.