Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,572 members, 7,934,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 12:28 PM

Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam (1908 Views)

EFCC Arrests and Jails Solomon Martin King for Romance Scam (photo) / Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam / Four Nigerian Students In Canada Wanted For $2 Million Dollar Romance Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by Natural2Heal: 6:33am On Apr 20, 2023
The Police Special Fraud Unit (PSFU), Ikoyi, Lagos, has arrested one Miss Cynthia Atuonah, 21, over a romance scam in which she allegedly duped a German of 220,000 dollars (N101 million)

Spokesperson of the police fraud unit, SP Eyitayo Johnson, stated in Lagos on Wednesday that the suspect, who claimed to be a model and owner of a massage spa known as “The-Chi-Place’’, lured the victim on Instagram.

The suspect, a 2019 graduate of Economics, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, lured the 50-year-old victim on Instagram by feigning romantic intentions towards him, thereby gaining the victim’s trust and goodwill.

“She promised to marry the victim; invited him to Nigeria for visits on several occasions and convinced him to emigrate to Nigeria so they could live together as husband and wife.

“In a ploy to dispel suspicion, the victim was made to meet with Atuonah’s parents at Ikot-Abasi, Akwa Ibom, where he received their blessings to marry the suspect.

The suspect persuaded the victim to return to Germany to sell his house in Stuttgart and forward the proceeds of sale together with his pensions and life savings to her domiciliary account at Fidelity Bank plc.

“The purpose of the money was to buy a house in Nigeria where they will both live as husband and wife as well as to establish a joint business outfit as indicated in the bank transfer narration,’’ he stated.

Johnson added that the suspect admitted that 220,000 dollars were transferred to her account by the victim.

“She said part of the proceeds was used to buy a 2-bedroom terrace apartment at Zara Estate, Ikota Villa, Lekki Phase II.

“Some of the money was also used to support her mother’s business and to pay the medical bills of her father, according to her’’ he stated

Johnson stated also that efforts were ongoing to recover other proceeds of the crime.

He added that Cynthia would be charged in court as soon as the investigation was concluded.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/nigerian-woman-21-dupes-german-lover-n101m-in-romance-scam/

Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by PrinceofSarcasm: 6:33am On Apr 20, 2023
Yahoo people are heartless animals.

The government needs to make death penalty for cyber crime a law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by Mrfixiit: 6:40am On Apr 20, 2023
No body is smiling at all
Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by Mrfixiit: 6:43am On Apr 20, 2023
PrinceofSarcasm:
Yahoo people are heartless animals.

The government needs to make death penalty for cyber crime a law.
Not supporting yahoo but you advocating for death penalty for the crime is senseless. How about your politicians who steal billions as if it means nothing. They are the worst set of criminals that deserve death sentence

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by PrinceofSarcasm: 6:47am On Apr 20, 2023
Mrfixiit:
Not supporting yahoo but you advocating for death penalty for the crime is senseless. How about your politicians who steal billions as if it means nothing. They are the worst set of criminals that deserve death sentence

Let's start with death penalty for internet fraud then with time progress to death penalty for corruption!

Progress is progress

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:47am On Apr 20, 2023
Scammers and armed robbers are as heartless as witches, and deserve no mercy when caught.
But why do people fall prey so easily to these scumbags? Simply lack of discretion,greed,lust, and blindly trusting .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by Mrfixiit: 6:54am On Apr 20, 2023
PrinceofSarcasm:

Let's start with death penalty for internet fraud then with time progress to death penalty for corruption!

Progress is progress
You're nit making sense

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by libertyfather(m): 6:57am On Apr 20, 2023
100% jazz certified...go and sell everything u have their and relocate to Nigeria no be juju be that?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by duduade: 7:07am On Apr 20, 2023
See the fugly dirty girl sef
Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by PrinceofSarcasm: 7:11am On Apr 20, 2023
Mrfixiit:
You're nit making sense

FRAUDSTER

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by Neddstark: 7:27am On Apr 20, 2023
See how ugly she looks on her mugshot.
Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by youngrichnigga: 7:33am On Apr 20, 2023
And to think she's not a stunner undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by Harddiskng(m): 7:55am On Apr 20, 2023
Natural2Heal:
II.

“Some of the money was also used to support her mother’s business and to pay the medical bills of her father, according to her’’ he stated

Her Father and her Mother should be charged with her, they knew it was proceed of crime or how did their dull e-diot daughter come into hundred of million of Naira.

Father, Mother & Daughter should be sent off to prison as a team.

Just look at the anorexic fugly thing, meeting someone who could change her entire life, her stupid slow brain couldn’t even process the right move to make with the good hearted man undecided

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:56am On Apr 20, 2023
Na dis one dupe someone of over 100 milla ?!?!?!

Oshisko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by Ikaeniyan0: 8:00am On Apr 20, 2023
Natural2Heal:
The Police Special Fraud Unit (PSFU), Ikoyi, Lagos, has arrested one Miss Cynthia Atuonah, 21, over a romance scam in which she allegedly duped a German of 220,000 dollars (N101 million)

Spokesperson of the police fraud unit, SP Eyitayo Johnson, stated in Lagos on Wednesday that the suspect, who claimed to be a model and owner of a massage spa known as “The-Chi-Place’’, lured the victim on Instagram.

The suspect, a 2019 graduate of Economics, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, lured the 50-year-old victim on Instagram by feigning romantic intentions towards him, thereby gaining the victim’s trust and goodwill.

“She promised to marry the victim; invited him to Nigeria for visits on several occasions and convinced him to emigrate to Nigeria so they could live together as husband and wife.

“In a ploy to dispel suspicion, the victim was made to meet with Atuonah’s parents at Ikot-Abasi, Akwa Ibom, where he received their blessings to marry the suspect.

The suspect persuaded the victim to return to Germany to sell his house in Stuttgart and forward the proceeds of sale together with his pensions and life savings to her domiciliary account at Fidelity Bank plc.

“The purpose of the money was to buy a house in Nigeria where they will both live as husband and wife as well as to establish a joint business outfit as indicated in the bank transfer narration,’’ he stated.

Johnson added that the suspect admitted that 220,000 dollars were transferred to her account by the victim.

“She said part of the proceeds was used to buy a 2-bedroom terrace apartment at Zara Estate, Ikota Villa, Lekki Phase II.

Johnson stated also that efforts were ongoing to recover other proceeds of the crime.

He added that Cynthia would be charged in court as soon as the investigation was concluded.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/nigerian-woman-21-dupes-german-lover-n101m-in-romance-scam/
Foolish girl

She should rot in jail

People dey heartless sha sad
Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by Mrfixiit: 8:02am On Apr 20, 2023
PrinceofSarcasm:

FRAUDSTER
You see why I say you're not making sense ? You just called someone you don't know a fraudster. Let me tell you, My senior brother was brought down to square one many years ago so am a victim indirectly but here you're referring to me as a fraudster simply because I disagreed with your death penalty advocation for fraudsters when our leaders are raping our economy dry and nothing is done about it. Be careful with words young man, you may get your self into trouble with your utterances

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by AchrafHakimi: 8:08am On Apr 20, 2023
Death penalty to all scammers and fraudsters!
Ignore the yahoo boy above.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by superCleanworks(m): 8:39am On Apr 20, 2023
she took the man to her family house? what a dumbo
Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by PrinceofSarcasm: 8:42am On Apr 20, 2023
Mrfixiit:
You see why I say you're not making sense ? You just called someone you don't know a fraudster. Let me tell you, My senior brother was brought down to square one many years ago so am a victim indirectly but here you're referring to me as a fraudster simply because I disagreed with your death penalty advocation for fraudsters when our leaders are raping our economy dry and nothing is done about it. Be careful with words young man, you may get your self into trouble with your utterances

You are a FRAUDSTER

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by Anyiamaka: 8:50am On Apr 20, 2023
Na wah o! For this girl wey no fine? This life sef!
Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by Kooldon(f): 8:50am On Apr 20, 2023
What a missed opportunity to japa for life? 165M Naira
Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by BigYash: 9:06am On Apr 20, 2023
PrinceofSarcasm:

Progress is progress
If the government is good or doing the right thing,these fraud issues will reduce.. Imagine magu a former efcc Chairman was accused of fruad and suspended. In suspension he was promoted and retired.. Who is now fooling who? So the death penalty should start with corrupt leaders first..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by Mrfixiit: 9:38am On Apr 20, 2023
PrinceofSarcasm:

You are a FRAUDSTER
May be your father thought me
Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by OloYeOfEgbE: 10:53am On Apr 20, 2023
If that man had sex in any way shape or form with that girl......Hmmmm, I wont agree ooo..

The man can go to hell..if he has seen that girl unclothedness...Period
Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by Harddiskng(m): 11:57am On Apr 20, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:
If that man had sex in any way shape or form with that girl......Hmmmm, I wont agree ooo..

The man can go to hell..if he has seen that girl unclothedness...Period

So the unclothedness of this ugly thin dirty thing is worth N100m undecided

When i see/hear the reason of some of you I can’t help but shake my head in deep pity for you. Smh
Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by N3TRAL: 12:38pm On Apr 20, 2023
Harddiskng:

Her Father and her Mother should be charged with her, they knew it was proceed of crime or how did their dull e-diot daughter come into hundred of million of Naira.

Father, Mother & Daughter should be sent off to prison as a team.

Just look at the anorexic fugly thing, meeting someone who could change her entire life, her stupid slow brain couldn’t even process the right move to make with the good hearted man undecided

Jealousy no good o

Jealousy no good o 🎵🎶
Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by lolu2019: 2:08pm On Apr 20, 2023
post=122631255:
Na dis one dupe someone of over 100 milla ?!?!?!

Oshisko
nor be that Cynthia wey dey support Peter Obi be dis.
Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by mysticwarrior(m): 2:48pm On Apr 20, 2023
Female criminals are more vicious than their male counterparts.
Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by OloYeOfEgbE: 3:08pm On Apr 20, 2023
Harddiskng:

So the unclothedness of this ugly thin dirty thing is worth N100m undecided

When i see/hear the reason of some of you I can’t help but shake my head in deep pity for you. Smh

Now you are talking pricing which is fair.....

Hakimi own smart but this girl own is what?

Gettat
Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by marlow1962(m): 8:21pm On Apr 20, 2023
The girl got no chill shocked
For woman to pull out such block (don't care about the means), she really no get chill.

Goodlady hustle na make u take care of me 😩
Re: Nigerian Woman, 21, Dupes German Lover N101m In Romance Scam by tito44: 8:24pm On Apr 20, 2023
She is not 21.

She is 21 and graduated in 2019... So she was 17 years when she graduated from the uni.

Very silly and wrong reportage

(1) (2) (Reply)

419ers In Hong Kong! / Camera Caught Man 'having Sex With A Road' As Office Workers Watch / 15 Nigerian Yahoo Boys Arrested By EFCC, Coffins, Charms, Laptops And Other Feti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.