Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,528 members, 7,937,504 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 06:47 AM

YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest (6197 Views)

New CBN Policy: This Is Too Much Punishment For Nigerians - Seyi Law To Tinubu / God Grant My Children Seyi Tinubu’s Character – Seyi Law Prays / Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Comelysync: 9:06pm On Apr 21, 2023
Gajagojo:

Like I said the majority of indigenes are Ijebu from Ikorodu and Epe and they know oriki ,they Do oro and do not call themselves. Lagosians. Real indigenes do not claim to be Lagosians
If you are for Eko you are Eko,if you are Ijebu you are Ikorodu or Epe and know oriki
You are a liar.oga go and sit down please my cousins Shittus are from ikorodu.. None of them if you ask them today know their oríkì.. My age groups.. Same goes with Bensons from ikorodu, same goes with, same with Ogunlewes, same with Akinpelus in ikorodu,, ikorodu and epes are the only side that is Ìjẹ̀bú in Lagos state the rest is Aworis and Guns.. Where is your own compound in Lagos stop stressing yourself out let me expose you.. You not a Lagos indigene, for all you care we know ourselves,,,, àmọ́ ra wá....

let me add more for you.. In Badagry we do Zangbeto.. Which is like oro.. In my Aworis side in mowo and Age mowo.. Our own version of ẹyọ without the caps comes out in the night not in the day like it's done on the island.

It's your likes that come from ìlú òkè that is always fomenting troubles for us in Lagos, creating new enemies.. Am not holding briefsfor the Igbos.. Anyone of the that call our land a no man's land we know how to let them know its some people's land.
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Nnannapat(m): 9:11pm On Apr 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm. This is very serious and all the Yoruba leaders must listen to them before these Yoruba youths take laws into their own hands.

Unfortunately, this is the fallout of the most toxic form of divisive tribal/religious campaign by Mr Obi and the uncouth Igbo online/real life mob of Mr Obi who curse, cyberbully, mock and criminally defame Yoruba and their elders/leader which is totally alien to Yoruba culture.

I respect the view of these Yoruba youths and I hold a different opinion once expressed here https://www.nairaland.com/7612989/lagos-guber-plight-igbo-law I got backlash from my fellow Yoruba who believe they have had enough.

I know that most Yoruba hawks do not want to hear or accept because they want the Igbo out and sent back to Igboland after the manner the Igbo hated, mocked and disrespected the Yoruba during the 2023 elections.

In my opinion, the SW states must collaborate by reciprocity. Your Igbo state of origin must have given same opportunity to Yoruba in their land before you can get any opportunity in Yorubaland.

Southwest states must give jobs , land cofo, political apoointments, admission, contracts etc to ONLY indigenes of states that have given same opportunities to the Yoruba living in their land.

Our resources and opportunities in Yorubaland are finite and the more others come in and are given, the more the Yoruba may likely resent such a system.

Only those states that can collaborate with us by reciprocity genuinely desire our progress.

If we do not do something fast about our all comers approach to opportunities in Lagos and SW that gained currency since 1999, there will be a more serious violent form of this current problem in the future.

States are subnational level of govt and their 1st priority is to their own people.States are not for all comers. It then means if you now want to give opportunities to Igbo, you need to give only to indigenes of SE states giving your indigenes and the Yoruba living on their land same opportunities. That is a sustainable way unless we want xenophobia in Yorubaland.

Since 1999, no single Igbo states has given a political appointment to Yoruba whereas a state like Kaduna has done so. We should collaborate by reciprocation with Kaduna by giving their indigenes jobs over indigenes of a SE state for justice, equity and fair play.

Igbo should not cheat Yoruba and Yoruba should not cheat Igbo.
check my signature for free stuffs!
Trash as usual
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Gajagojo: 9:19pm On Apr 21, 2023
Comelysync:
let me add more for you.. In Badagry we do Zangbeto.. Which is like oro.. In my Aworis side in mowo and Age mowo.. Our own version of ẹyọ without the caps comes out in the night not in the day like it's done on the island.

It's your likes that come from ìlú òkè that is always fomenting troubles for us in Lagos, creating new enemies.. Am not holding briefsfor the Igbos.. Anyone of the that call our land a no man's land we know how to let them know its some people's land.
You are a liar you claim to be Kosoko
What has Kosoko got to do with Mowo?
Shut your mouth and get lost
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Comelysync: 9:23pm On Apr 21, 2023
Gajagojo:

You are a liar you claim to be Kosoko
What has Kosoko got to do with Mowo?
Shut your mouth and get lost
oga go back and read my post.. My father is from Badagry, my mother Lagos Island.. Go to school you refuse, but you can argue online, olódodo.. You still have time go back to school, joor nítorí Ọlọ́run nibo ni agbo lè bàbà rẹ lè kó? If you can't answer that am done with you abeg... Nothing you will say will I respond.
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by JpBiz92: 9:49pm On Apr 21, 2023
Even that guy carrying the placard needs public contribution.
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Gajagojo: 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2023
Comelysync:
oga go back and read my post.. My father is from Badagry, my mother Lagos Island.. Go to school you refuse, but you can argue online, olódodo.. You still have time go back to school, joor nítorí Ọlọ́run nibo ni agbo lè bàbà rẹ lè kó? If you can't answer that am done with you abeg... Nothing you will say will I respond.
So which side is your Said I side?
Yoruba have manners they don't go around insulting strangers for no reason
You claim to be Egun and Awori and Kosoko so Kosoko is what?
The lies you have told already indict you

1 Like

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by JpBiz92: 9:59pm On Apr 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
You really think the Yoruba care? The only part you missed and still missed is the symbolism of Asiwaju Tinubu. He is a Yoruba leader. If you are raised to insult, ridicule and disgrace your elders and leaders,the Yoruba are not raised that way.
You are naive if you do not know that any Yoruba supporting you is ethnic baiting you.
You crossed the line of Yoruba society decency the moment you started mocking and insulting Asiwaju. There is an Asiwaju in every Yoruba family and they do not mock, insult, denigrate and criminally defame an Asiwaju in Yoruba.
It is the symbolism in that individual you hate that caused this problem and your ignorance caused it.
It is no longer about Bola Ahmed Tinubu, it is the Yoruba defending their culture and society so that we do not have a culture of young men and women insulting their elders and Leaders like you have in your own land.
You are completely naive! The average Yoruba does not really care about your biafra or whatever because it adds nothing directly to us. You crossed a line by bringing a despicable culture of insulting elders and the Yoruba frown at it.
Don't you think that this was a nice strategy?
Placards we're printed by traders in alaba and given to ur Agbero brothers to go and protest and leave the traders alone.

The mofos rushed into the streets with the placards thinking that they're doing Igbos.
You see, many placards are already down now, ur Yoruba brothers go leave parks and markets and protest till they develop grey hair...
More protests are coming and nothing will come out of them
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Mindlog: 10:00pm On Apr 21, 2023
stuffs2002:

A Zanfara score of 2 is 100 times better than a 132 score from Imo because the Imo score is most likely gotten through cheating and examinations malpractice

How many Imo graduates can even speak english.

In Imo, You hear things like aggressive malpractice or graduating with the help of their pussy

A nursery one pupil can easily score 10, by just guessing! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You mean those who are taught the English language in Hausa, speaks better! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I guess it is the aggressive malpractices, that makes Imo state alone to yearly graduate medical doctors more than the entire North-Western states combined......the data is there! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by MetaPhysical: 10:10pm On Apr 21, 2023
kc80:
Comedian Oluwaseyitan Aletile, popularly known as Seyi Law, has expressed anger at the ongoing ‘Yoruba for Yoruba jobs’ protest in Southwest states.

Candidreporters.com gathered that Tonia Somaga, a graduate from Anambra State and a Labour Party, LP, supporter who drives one of the Lagos State blue rails, was called out by some residents, urging the Lagos State government to sack her, following her campaign for Peter Obi.

Reacting to the development in a tweet on Thursday, Seyi Law noted that the female train driver is an opportunity to preach peace and show that the All Progressives Congress, APC, is different.

Sharing a picture of a man with a ‘Yoruba Jobs for Yoruba People’ poster, Seyi Law described the trend as absolute madness, insisting he didn’t support the President-elect, Bola Tinubu, to see such a trend.

He wrote: “This is absolute madness. I did not support ASIWAJU to see these things. Are you saying even the companies owned by non-Yoruba should do the same, or just those owned by Yorubas? Either way, this is wrong, so let’s stop promoting rubbish in the name of anger.

“The train girl was an opportunity to preach peace and show we are different. I’m not belittling your anger, but we must learn to compromise for the collective peace we crave. You can respect your tribe without denigrating another. Please, let’s sheath our swords.

CLICK THE LINK TO CONTINUE READING
https://candidreporters.com/yoruba-for-jobs-seyi-law-expresses-anger-over-brewing-protest/

Comedians are court jesters.

We are talking about social progress for Yoruba youths, my comedy is narrating peace.

Will progress of Yoruba youths on their own soil lead to ear, abi does this jester even understand what the protest is about? How does peace become a talkpoint here?
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by wahalawahala: 10:22pm On Apr 21, 2023
samsononyilo:

What were you doing in PH for 7years? You were probably working there, you added to the numbers of yoruba people working there, so stop saying yoruba people aren't much there..
baba, na 2023 we dey, no b everybody dey work for office...
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Comelysync: 11:10pm On Apr 21, 2023
Gajagojo:

So which side is your Said I side?
Yoruba have manners they don't go around insulting strangers for no reason
You claim to be Egun and Awori and Kosoko so Kosoko is what?
The lies you have told already indict you
?? Just a troll u are ignored. Enuff said u dat u can't even state your family compound asking me questions m. Goan sleep abeg.
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by fr3do(m): 11:23pm On Apr 21, 2023
This xenophobic movement is a two edged sword

It might actually lead to decentralization of port activities, companies to the SS, SE
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by gidgiddy: 11:25pm On Apr 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm. This is very serious and all the Yoruba leaders must listen to them before these Yoruba youths take laws into their own hands.

Unfortunately, this is the fallout of the most toxic form of divisive tribal/religious campaign by Mr Obi and the uncouth Igbo online/real life mob of Mr Obi who curse, cyberbully, mock and criminally defame Yoruba and their elders/leader which is totally alien to Yoruba culture.

I respect the view of these Yoruba youths and I hold a different opinion once expressed here https://www.nairaland.com/7612989/lagos-guber-plight-igbo-law I got backlash from my fellow Yoruba who believe they have had enough.

I know that most Yoruba hawks do not want to hear or accept because they want the Igbo out and sent back to Igboland after the manner the Igbo hated, mocked and disrespected the Yoruba during the 2023 elections.

In my opinion, the SW states must collaborate by reciprocity. Your Igbo state of origin must have given same opportunity to Yoruba in their land before you can get any opportunity in Yorubaland.

Southwest states must give jobs , land cofo, political apoointments, admission, contracts etc to ONLY indigenes of states that have given same opportunities to the Yoruba living in their land.

Our resources and opportunities in Yorubaland are finite and the more others come in and are given, the more the Yoruba may likely resent such a system.

Only those states that can collaborate with us by reciprocity genuinely desire our progress.

If we do not do something fast about our all comers approach to opportunities in Lagos and SW that gained currency since 1999, there will be a more serious violent form of this current problem in the future.

States are subnational level of govt and their 1st priority is to their own people.States are not for all comers. It then means if you now want to give opportunities to Igbo, you need to give only to indigenes of SE states giving your indigenes and the Yoruba living on their land same opportunities. That is a sustainable way unless we want xenophobia in Yorubaland.

Since 1999, no single Igbo states has given a political appointment to Yoruba whereas a state like Kaduna has done so. We should collaborate by reciprocation with Kaduna by giving their indigenes jobs over indigenes of a SE state for justice, equity and fair play.

Igbo should not cheat Yoruba and Yoruba should not cheat Igbo.
check my signature for free stuffs!

And all you said is why we should all think of coming to the amicable resolution that 'one Nigeria' is a fraud, agree for Nigeria to separate, everyone go their way peacefully

But you unity beggars will never agree
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by samsononyilo(m): 11:27pm On Apr 21, 2023
wahalawahala:
baba, na 2023 we dey, no b everybody dey work for office...

I know, in my place here, there's a construction company called mould, own by a yoruba man, 99% of his workers are yoruba people, no one is saying is our land, so you must employ 65% of our people like you yorubas are doing in the South west, maybe I should tell the Sarki what you people are doing over there so he can enforce the law too..
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Gajagojo: 11:42pm On Apr 21, 2023
Comelysync:
?? Just a troll u are ignored. Enuff said u dat u can't even state your family compound asking me questions m. Goan sleep abeg.
You are The one making claims you are a Lagosian
You are a liar
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by ken6488(m): 12:31am On Apr 22, 2023
Treason
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by PDJT: 2:00am On Apr 22, 2023
-Lol. We, in IPOB, are silently watching this madness with keen interest. My Yoruba accountant in Europe will be the first to be sacked, I tell ya. grin

-Meanwhile, if the young lady is truly Igbo, could someone send over her details? There is a train driving opportunity for her in the UK. She may have to start small at a little over £30k until after her training and a bit of experience, then move up to a little over £57k/year. She can do better than the Slum of Africa called Lagos.
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by comrChris(m): 4:20am On Apr 22, 2023
So this madness they exhibited during the gubernatorial election in Lagos isn't enough for them?

People that are learned among these people should better call them to order because I'm very sure that the Yorubas will be the biggest victim if this is allowed to fly even in Lagos.

They should check the number of companies,private schools etc owned by non indigenes before starting what they can't.

I'm done talking
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Comelysync: 9:05am On Apr 22, 2023
Gajagojo:

You are The one making claims you are a Lagosian
You are a liar
oga free me abeg.. Ọmọ oko lásán-làsàn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu / Abia Was An Abandoned Project – Governor Orji / Heads Will Roll Over SARS Offiice Attack- IG Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.