Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,836 members, 7,966,088 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 09:01 AM

Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) (51696 Views)

The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) / Packaged Local Snacks. / Order Your Cake, special bread, small chop, snacks At A Very Affordable Price... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by NwaNimo1(m): 5:11pm On Apr 21, 2023
Rikze:

Welcome back

Oya give us meme

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by realhovaps(m): 5:11pm On Apr 21, 2023
Haven't tried 3 and 6.

The rest are so sweet

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by Rikze: 5:12pm On Apr 21, 2023
NwaNimo1:

Na now you come grin

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by Dshocker(m): 5:12pm On Apr 21, 2023
Baba-do-do

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by omoteacher(m): 5:12pm On Apr 21, 2023
shocked

Kokoro

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by caandi: 5:12pm On Apr 21, 2023
What of Mr goody goody
It used to be like snickers, choco and groundnut combo
Milo cubes also
Then there’s this one that like coconut and cream
And one milk on tablet form like paracetamol

4 Likes

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by drimzsmoke(m): 5:13pm On Apr 21, 2023
mariahAngel:
One thing I like about these local snacks are their funny names. cheesy
Even some of the ones that appear on the list below, I have never heard of.
Which of them was/were your favourite(s)?

If the ones you enjoyed do not appear in the post, tell us the name and what it's made from in the comment section.
If you've never tasted any of these, you don't know what you're missing. 😌

Something called "tanfiri"(I'm not sure if this is the right spelling) and pako biscuit

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by Konjiboii: 5:14pm On Apr 21, 2023
Omo danqua eaten with tigernut, your woman go run comot for house forget pant.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by IIdamuAdugbo(f): 5:14pm On Apr 21, 2023
I ate everything
mariahAngel:

If the ones you enjoyed do not appear in the post, tell us the name and what it's made from in the comment section.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by Stanley1155: 5:15pm On Apr 21, 2023
Abeg wetin be name of that snacks in the fourth pics.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 21, 2023
I ate everything... The 90s was fun. I'm happy I'm not a Gen Z cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by bhella10: 5:17pm On Apr 21, 2023
PencilBox:
Kpekere, chinchin grin our mama dey always buy am if dem dey come from outing

Groundnut and ojuku-finger. grin na steadily on our way to or from school.

Good old days of 50kobo and 1naira coin
OG of life! grin
Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by Kharol1234: 5:18pm On Apr 21, 2023
Groundnut and goody-goody

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by SonofGod231: 5:20pm On Apr 21, 2023
All....I'm still looking for chinchin and puff puff up there😭

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by chatinent: 5:20pm On Apr 21, 2023
Babadudu and duakwa made boys look like men in Junior school.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by GudPpleG8Nation(m): 5:21pm On Apr 21, 2023
Where's "Ekana Asa" (Bird's Nail)?

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by placeofallure(f): 5:21pm On Apr 21, 2023
I love groundnut and Kuli. I don't know what Gurudi is. I like Donkwa too. My best remains Kulikuli. Way back in the university, there's a woman who makes Kuli very close to my house. So whenever I'm returning home, I'd buy the hot, freshly made Kuli, and down it with a bowl of garri plus freezing water. You know that hot lIorin sun...those were blessed afternoons.

Till tomorrow, whenever my mum is sending stuff to me like ground pepper, Iru, dried bitter leaf, dried fish etc, she always include a chunk of Kulikuli cause she knows her daughter.

5 Likes

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by gbolswag(m): 5:21pm On Apr 21, 2023
Kulikuli my favorite

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by obicoolnino: 5:22pm On Apr 21, 2023
Omo u don old o
ibrocool:
Op forgot to include eekana Gowon. I think it is more popular than all you listed.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:24pm On Apr 21, 2023
Coconut candy AKA Babadudu. Kai. Especially when it's served hot. So delicious.

Sisi Pelebe was another one. The days of yore. I miss those days and will give anything up to re-live those moments all over.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by KanuSE: 5:24pm On Apr 21, 2023
dapsoneh:
Those who enjoyed this should have grandchildren by now ooo grin grin

Indomie generation shild spotted

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by ManspaceBarber(m): 5:25pm On Apr 21, 2023
All.
I mean it, all! smiley

Thank you to all the homies who were part of my childhood, you guys are the real MVP. smiley

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by KanuSE: 5:25pm On Apr 21, 2023
gbolswag:
Kulikuli my favorite

Aboki spottedgrin
Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 21, 2023
my was madiga that looks like bread,i spent all my little change on it

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by Onyinyechiugly1(f): 5:26pm On Apr 21, 2023
I think the last one.

I feel sad, anytime I remember that we have youths among those supporting a drug baron to rule this country.

How did this country get that bad?

Kai, I sincerely pray that those who are supporting this evil, will surely weep and gnash their teeth in sore pain and disgrace!

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by nifemi25(m): 5:26pm On Apr 21, 2023
This babadudu and kulikuli couldn't allow me to save while young..... only God knows if I could have been rich more than dangote by now.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by KanuSE: 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2023
mariahAngel:

I thought you would include fried plantain. πŸ₯΄

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by lorhema(f): 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2023
ibrocool:
Op forgot to include eekana Gowon. I think it is more popular than all you listed.

Just what I wanted to post.

I then add 3,4,7,8 and 9.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by KanuSE: 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2023
saphiere:
1 & 2.

Meanwhile,

I am not a tribal bigot. Some of you here can testify that I am a strong advocate for women's Right & advocacy. I advocate for equal rights for women in all spheres of life.

I have been involved in an inter-tribal relationship so there's no way anyone can say I am a tribal bigot.

But here is my piece of advice to the Igbos.

Don't ever as an Igbo stream the movie "Gangs Of Lagos"

I hope you're ok . 😐
Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by AngelicBeing: 5:29pm On Apr 21, 2023
Hmmmmmm, 1,2,4, 7 8,9 cool

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by PencilBox: 5:29pm On Apr 21, 2023
bhella10:
OG of life! grin

grinπŸ‘Š Fist bump my guy

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by imagrg(m): 5:30pm On Apr 21, 2023
Donkwa.

I even bought it recently.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See 500 Naira Yam. / Naija Man Makes The Best Stew In Latin America! (pix) / Goruba: Have You Ever Eaten This? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.