Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,769 members, 7,889,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:07 PM

How Favour Ugwuanyi Is Killing Enugu PPSMB- Board Member Opens Can Of Worms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Favour Ugwuanyi Is Killing Enugu PPSMB- Board Member Opens Can Of Worms (701 Views)

Pete Edochie: Ugwuanyi Is My Dearest Leader / Ooni: Ugwuanyi Is A Wonderful Leader, Donates Fumigation Equipments To Enugu / ENUGU 2019: Why The Odds Favour Ugwuanyi By Francis Ede (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Favour Ugwuanyi Is Killing Enugu PPSMB- Board Member Opens Can Of Worms by klintoski(m): 12:43am On Apr 22, 2023
Contrary to the recent media hypes and paid editorials showing that all is well at the Enugu State Post Primary School Management Board (PPSMB), JOURNALIST101 is in possession of a letter to the contrary.

Rather than the rosy atmosphere painted in the media publications, the Board is fast going into comatose under the watch of Dr. Favour Ugwuanyi if the letter by a concerned member of the Board is anything to go by.

According to a letter which was written by a permanent member of the Board representing Enugu East Senatorial Zone, Chukwuma Ephraim Okenwa, the chairman of the Board, Dr. Ugwuanyi is alleged to be involved in all manner of illegalities and financial heist while handling the place as her private conglomerate.

Mr. Okenwa, popularly known as CEO in the status report written to the Board Chairman and copied to the Board Members; Hon. Ugochukwu Eneze, Professor Rose Onah, Hon. Oge Uka and the Permanent Secretary, Mr Regimus Eze, accused Ugwuanyi of removing school principals at will without recourse to the provisions of the law nor the Board.

"...Urban Girls Secondary School, where the Principal Mrs, Abugu, was unjustly removed on the grounds of removing the poster of a politician. That is absolutely ridiculous!.

"In that same manner one Mrs Ngwu Sylvia Chinwe, Principal of Girls High School, Uwani was removed in February on the grounds that a staff under her, aspired for a political position and consequently was in court with a politician. This removal happened, despite the fact that the staff involved reasonably disassociated the Principal from her actions. This is a needless indictment of the Principal and the removal is simply not consistent with the PPSMB by laws.

"His Excellency, Dr. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Inaugurated 5 honorary members and one Board Secretary, but the Board it is at the moment is solely administered by Dr. Favour Ugwuanyi and ably supported by Honourable Ugochukwu and Mr. Regimus."

On the management of the finance of the Board, Okenwa alleged that Dr. Ugwuanyi does whatever pleases her and non of them is aware of the financial status of the Board.

"Since the inception of this board, the Chairman handles the issues of the finance like her personal funds, rather than public funds. Other members, such as myself, which represent a whole Senatorial District, do not have an idea about what is going on financially.

"I demand today to have an idea or at least for the Chairman to provide a reason for this height of financial opacity. This is a very rich board,and that cannot be denied. We demand to know what is happening financially in PPSMB. That is what makes us a team.

"The issue of the making of principals has been single-handedly handled by the Chairman, against the Board laws which clearly spells out this role as a function of the Board, not even the courtesy of asking members to get a capable hand who is a level 16 officer to fill in such position, even if is in the community secondary school, where the member hails from. This is a clear abuse of the by laws."

Mr. Okenwa went further to make the following demand from the Chairman

"First, I would love to know the *number of students under PPSMB*. It is completely unacceptable that this information has been private when this is a public sector.

"Second, I would love to know why the issue of the board finances has been entirely at your discretion, in gross contravention of the Board Laws.

"Third, I want to know the reason behind using private POS operators to collect public funds.

"Fourth, I would love to know why the decision of who becomes principal has been entirely at your discretion, without recourse to the Board. What is the rationale for making level 15 a principal over some level 16 staff? Particularly of interest for our conversation, will be a review of all the newly appointed Principals in my region who were appointed without my due consent.

On the future of Board even as a new administration is about to take over in couple of weeks, Okenwa asserted that it's not healthy for the Board to continue with Ugwuanyi as the head.

"It is clear from the body language of the Chairman, that she would want this board to continue beyond 29th May, 2023, but how healthy is it to continue in this manner when 3 honorary members are not carried along in the policies and when the Board finances is solely controlled by the Chairman?

"The Chairman of PPSMB thinks that being lawless is same as being powerful, but that is simply unacceptable."

As at press time, all efforts to get the reaction of Dr. Favour Ugwuanyi failed as she's yet to respond to message sent to her known official line 2 days ago which was followed by a reminder on the 20th, neither did she return the calls which rang out without response.

https://journalist101.com/2023/04/21/how-favour-ugwuanyi-is-killing-enugu-ppsmb-board-member-opens-can-of-worms/

Re: How Favour Ugwuanyi Is Killing Enugu PPSMB- Board Member Opens Can Of Worms by tuclap(m): 1:03am On Apr 22, 2023
women and wahala
Re: How Favour Ugwuanyi Is Killing Enugu PPSMB- Board Member Opens Can Of Worms by ResidentSnitch(f): 2:11am On Apr 22, 2023
The country is already messed up.
Even the Judiciary.
The consolation is that it will surely get to other people apart from me and my family.
Re: How Favour Ugwuanyi Is Killing Enugu PPSMB- Board Member Opens Can Of Worms by Moferere: 6:08am On Apr 22, 2023
They are destroying their states, but illiterate Peoples of Biafra want us to believe they will govern Nigeria better

1 Like

Re: How Favour Ugwuanyi Is Killing Enugu PPSMB- Board Member Opens Can Of Worms by RamseyKush: 8:39am On Apr 22, 2023
[quote author=Moferere post=122669267]They are destroying their states, but illiterate Peoples of Biafra want us to believe they will govern Nigeria better[/quote

The level of your stupidity dey amaze meπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

What the f*ck did you write πŸ˜‚

(1) (Reply)

Forex Signals (free & Paid) - You'd Go For The Paid Cos Of It's Flexibility. / '20 Most Miserable Countries In The World' Ghana, South Africa Make List / Picture Of The Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.