Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,364 members, 7,967,958 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 02:00 PM

Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? (17954 Views)

How Do I Move From A Relationship Where He Suddenly Ignores Me / Counter Thread: Why Do Some Relationships End When The Guy Goes Broke? / Guys Which Of These Two Ladies Would You Prefer To Marry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by tosinhtml: 12:44pm On May 02, 2023
With the amount of information I have now, I won't fault any woman for leaving a broke spouse. It is what it is.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by qtguru(m): 12:45pm On May 02, 2023
tosinhtml:

Lol, but the question is very valid nau. It is very normal, men are likely to leave a sick spouse while women are likely to leave their broke spouse.

Most for better for worse usually end up in separation in Nigeria as opposed to divorce, then sometimes they get back together later on.

[s]It is also depressing to stay with a broke spouse, so let's just keep it real.[/s]

It is also depressing to stay with a broke man, so let's just keep it real, because a lot of us guys are dating broke spouses if you think about it.
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by Gee64: 12:57pm On May 02, 2023
Most Nigerian women would either pack out or be doing hookup under the man's nose.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by tosinhtml: 12:58pm On May 02, 2023
qtguru:

It is also depressing to stay with a broke man, so let's just keep it real, because a lot of us guys are dating broke spouses if you think about it.

Yep but it's not the same you know, the family & society doesn't require the same from us.
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by Newsneako: 12:58pm On May 02, 2023
ItisWell22:
We stay!

They won’t accept.

They want a woman who splits bills and still as submissive as a woman whose husband gives heaven and earth.

Talk about modern day confusion in the name of wokeness… undecided
I mean imagine o they expect you to split bill. You go to work from morning till evening, they will come home excepting hot goof food, house clean, the wife taking care of the dishes,if she has a baby she'll still take care of the child let imagine she's on her period she'll go to work from morning to night come home to work again while the man will just come home sit eat food and still want to have sex with the wife after all the stress. Just kill the woman nah, kill her. Male of nowadays shaa 🤦

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by Newsneako: 1:00pm On May 02, 2023
jayred:
U better change this your mindset before man use you play suwe, where did you see that in the Bible? Yes a man's responsibility is to take care of his family but that doesn't negate the fact that a woman should solely depend on a man for her livelihood, the topic itself shows that a man's finance can dwindle at any time, then what will be left of you in such a scenerio, jump to the next rich man available I guess and keep jumping.. Too bad
No she won't cause she knows the meaning of marriage. But before she marry you, you should at least be averagely financially stable. It enough the females are not looking for rich rich like that just be average marry a woman and keep growing together.
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by chijokz(m): 1:02pm On May 02, 2023
Brokeness:

That quote is not always right. If I make it tomorrow, no woman born of a woman can mar me except my mother. Hakimi is an example
Hakimi is role model to all real men like us. I applaud him.
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by Chidolalar: 1:32pm On May 02, 2023
jayred:
U better change this your mindset before man use you play suwe, where did you see that in the Bible? Yes a man's responsibility is to take care of his family but that doesn't negate the fact that a woman should solely depend on a man for her livelihood, the topic itself shows that a man's finance can dwindle at any time, then what will be left of you in such a scenerio, jump to the next rich man available I guess and keep jumping.. Too bad
Same tin I told d person u quoted.
If unpleasant circumstance now makes d man becomes broke den d so called pest dat calls herself a wife should now keep jumping from one man to anoda
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 02, 2023
Tallesty1:
You don't need to "endure" if you are not broken yourself. Financial safety/security is just one item in the list of numerous things that men offer. When you get one, assuming you deserve one, you will learn that a man brings some kind of security, just his presence alone does that.

He also brings warmth, support, comfort, companionship, humour/fun so that at least you both can laugh in your brokenness.

Broke men Bleep better too, so yea, you getting drilled properly.

You also need him to do so many dirty/risky jobs around the house.

I wanted to say that you don't need a man to be happy but seeing that you can endure with him if he is good shows that you are also broke and money is the next thing that can give you happiness.
In your warped mind you have typed the most ground breaking savage response. Lol 😆 😆

In my fun day I would have taken time to respond to your nonsense but not today. I have better things to do than respond to illogical assumptions

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by Rushna27(f): 2:02pm On May 02, 2023
JasonScoolari:
This your question is not for Nigeria girls to answer....
Y this assumption
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by AlphaHakimi: 2:07pm On May 02, 2023
Brokeness:
Maybe due to some financial constraints or some bad economic policy in the country. Would you still stay with him?

Kings, stop entering into marriage because of love. We should emulate women when it comes to marriage. Women don't marry for love. They marry because you're capable of providing something.

Your love for a woman should be dependent on factors only you can decide. If you want peace, marry a peaceful girl. If you want ass and boobs, marry someone with ass and boobs. The day your peaceful wife becomes wicked, please divorce her. The day your wife with big ass and boobs no longer looks attractive to you, please leave her. This is because, the day you're unable to provide, that your loving wife will find someone else.
Don't worry about your kids thinking you are wicked, with time, they will understand why you acted that way.
Most importantly, never leave your child/chikdren born in wedlock to be raised by a bitter woman. She will turn that child against you even though you were a good dad.
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by Rushna27(f): 2:08pm On May 02, 2023
Am a testimony to this.....yes I can and will boldly say,I can,I have....cos,hubby went broke... I took up a teaching job......d frustration from him(cos he has never experienced such a broke time before)...to the glory of God,I've used d teaching job to stabilize to some extent and we are bouncing back......to be frank,its not easy......I know wot it looks like going hungry.....begging cos u can't watch ur kids go hungry........salary finishes within two days and u left to look around for those u will ask for assistance..... Although still searching for a better job but better than it was......This is my true story(just a summary though).

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by pacespot(m): 3:02pm On May 02, 2023
policy12:

Bros the op is actually talking about marriage if the lady in your life will leave in case u eventually go broke?

Funny enough a total stranger met me this morning, a grown up man but from the look of things u will know he is going tru some challenges. As i opened my car door and put my feet down he approaches me and find it difficult to utter a words he later pick his words when i encourage to speak no matter what the issue is.

This man lost his job since last year, and since then things has been so difficult for him, according to him he has not taste any meal since ystaday afternoon. He told me how is wife is frustrating him and threatening to pack out of the marriage that has produce two kids.

He was talking and u can see his teary eyes even when he is trying to hold back the tears, the water won't just stay back. After narrating his story i told him how i went tru the same path some few years back and why he shu encourage himself that things will get better.

The answer to the op question is that out of 10 ladies only 2 will stay with their men if things are difficult, the remaining 8 will tell u the story of ur life, and ur mate are making it.

The truth is that, it is better that some ladies leave you than staying during the time of hardship, because they will rather compound the hardship for you if they stay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by castro316: 3:38pm On May 02, 2023
Before you start throwing men upandan, make sure you are worth the woman who can throw men's things away. Some Women these days want us to accept the trash they are and want to be treated as a queen. Hell no. Not possible
BloomingDale:
Walai, I’m enjoying this thread.

Men look for women that will benefit them the most in marriage, hence the term wife material. There is nothing like love in their vocabulary. That is why a man can substitute the house help for his wife. To him the house help is of more benefit.

Ladies should learn to do the same. If a man ain’t of no benefit to you, just throw him out like thrash or substitute him.
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by castro316: 3:40pm On May 02, 2023
Thumbs up. May God bless your hustle and keep staying true to your husband
Rushna27:
Am a testimony to this.....yes I can and will boldly say,I can,I have....cos,hubby went broke... I took up a teaching job......d frustration from him(cos he has never experienced such a broke time before)...to the glory of God,I've used d teaching job to stabilize to some extent and we are bouncing back......to be frank,its not easy......I know wot it looks like going hungry.....begging cos u can't watch ur kids go hungry........salary finishes within two days and u left to look around for those u will ask for assistance..... Although still searching for a better job but better than it was......This is my true story(just a summary though).
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by tosinhtml: 4:33pm On May 02, 2023
pacespot:

The truth is that, it is better that some ladies leave you than staying during the time of hardship, because they will rather compound the hardship for you if they stay.

Yes, this is another good scenario and it's better to separate from that woman till you find your feet, then both of you can come back together once again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:53pm On May 02, 2023
tosinhtml:

Lol, but the question is very valid nau. It is very normal, men are likely to leave a sick spouse while women are likely to leave their broke spouse.

Most for better for worse usually end up in separation in Nigeria as opposed to divorce, then sometimes they get back together later on.

It is also depressing to stay with a broke spouse, so let's just keep it real.

No, there's no keeping it real.

This is the very mindset that's making a sham of marriage these days.

Everyone is getting married, ready-in-advance to walk away at the slightest challenge.

That's not what marriage is about.

Asking a question as the one OP created only opens the floor for wrong mindsets to seem okay.

Because some people will surely say nonsense.

It's not easy dealing with financial difficulties, but that's life.

Everyone in life would experience one itch or the other in their lifetime...and that's supposed to be the beauty of marriage. That through those difficulties, you've got someone who'd ride it out with you till the end.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by Silentgroper(m): 6:00pm On May 02, 2023
tosinhtml:

Yep but it's not the same you know, the family & society doesn't require the same from us.
fvck society .

society isn't putting food on my table .
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by Silentgroper(m): 6:07pm On May 02, 2023
Newsneako:

I mean imagine o they expect you to split bill. You go to work from morning till evening, they will come home excepting hot goof food, house clean, the wife taking care of the dishes,if she has a baby she'll still take care of the child let imagine she's on her period she'll go to work from morning to night come home to work again while the man will just come home sit eat food and still want to have sex with the wife after all the stress. Just kill the woman nah, kill her. Male of nowadays shaa 🤦
so this is what you call work??

men that work 3 jobs, everyday all day all weekdays and weekend.. getting stressed mentally and physically ..

if not for masculinity, men would gladly switch roles with you lazy fvcks...
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by MadarasBlade(m): 6:40pm On May 02, 2023
olabrinks:
The mental exhaustion of carrying the home will depress me. If he can take care of the kids and home whilst I work and provide, there might be balance. If I’m expected to do everything, it won’t work, as I’m not a machine. So my answer is no.

While this is okay, should a man chase away a barren wife knowing the fault isn't his?
Do you support this?
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by MadarasBlade(m): 6:44pm On May 02, 2023
sharone21:
Yes I will stay..... However, as a man u must not just fold your hands and lament over and over about the situation but get to work and praying to God for direction, divine helpers and favor.

The devil is happy when u as a man is broke and down: He uses it to weaken the family system and make children wayward....

If the ONLY major role u are to play as a man ( unlike a woman's that is multifaceted eg being pregnant x3, pushing out x3, house chores, cooking/ breastfeeding/ doing home work for junior etc apart from going out to look for money in order for men/ society to tag her a truly virtuous woman) you FAIL, u have indeed failed unless maybe u are incapacitated physically ie being physically challenged.... U need to pity that woman in your life who is doing so much and maybe taken somewhat for granted by u.

It is easier being a man than an a woman especially when not doing things illicitly.
you shouldn't marry, so as to not do chores, push out babies 3x and have a wonderful life.

Won't it be foolish to know that life is easier being single and enter into marriage? Who does that
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by sharone21(f): 6:46pm On May 02, 2023
MadarasBlade:
you shouldn't marry, so as to not do chores, push out babies 3x and have a wonderful life.

Won't it be foolish to know that life is easier being single and enter into marriage? Who does that

I will marry REASONABLE men like my dad who wouldn't take women/ me for granted.
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by MadarasBlade(m): 6:48pm On May 02, 2023
sharone21:

I will marry REASONABLE men like my dad who wouldn't take women/ me for granted.

You're so unreasonable, here you are saying that men have it easier than women in marriage, wouldn't the logical step to take is to avoid marriage by all means? You know the solution to your happiness and still wouldn't take it. I don't know what to say to you
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by sharone21(f): 6:57pm On May 02, 2023
MadarasBlade:

You're so unreasonable, here you are saying that men have it easier than women in marriage, wouldn't the logical step to take is to avoid marriage by all means? You know the solution to your happiness and still wouldn't take it. I don't know what to say to you

Your ONLY main role as a man is to LOOK FOR MONEY NOT carry pregnancy or push out babies apart from breastfeeding/ cooking/ doing homework ALL at once as a woman..... If you FAIL in this one role, you have indeed failed and I won't mince my words.... This brings out your manliness: just do it legally and prayerfully.... Na ONLY one main task u get naw

Men/ society aren't easy on women so why should u have it easy as an ABLE BODIED man, unless u are lazy.

Try to READ and comprehend then work on yourself instead of attacking because no woman will be able to live with u even if she EARNS more than you ... Just advice though.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by achimendy(m): 7:03pm On May 02, 2023
Brokeness:

Your gender raised them that way.

No, their mothers and female friends talk them into it.
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by MadarasBlade(m): 7:08pm On May 02, 2023
sharone21:

Your ONLY main role as a man is to LOOK FOR MONEY NOT carry pregnancy or push out babies apart from breastfeeding/ cooking/ doing homework ALL at once as a woman..... If you FAIL in this one role, you have indeed failed and I won't mince my words.... This brings out your manliness: just do it legally and prayerfully.... Na ONLY one main task u get naw

Men/ society aren't easy on women so why should u have it easy as an ABLE BODIED man, unless u are lazy.

Try to READ and comprehend then work on yourself instead of attacking because no woman will be able to live with u even if she EARNS more than you ... Just advice though.

That's the same thing we're saying na, just avoid marriage so that you don't stress yourself. Abi who sees stress and where they are short changed and jump inside? You should be totally agaisnt marriage, it doesn't favor women. Women do 30 things and men only do one.

Avoid marriage for your mental health, no one loves being a workhorse
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by sharone21(f): 7:14pm On May 02, 2023
MadarasBlade:

That's the same thing we're saying na, just avoid marriage so that you don't stress yourself. Abi who sees stress and where they are short changed and jump inside? You should be totally agaisnt marriage, it doesn't favor women.

I no go marry man like u naw na by force?Men are in stages, life is in phases.... How my decision take affect u?

Go WORK first, then we can have discussions..... What I wrote ONLY real men understand it and won't argue..... Abi what else do u want to use your body for unlike women?

EDit: Men are in sizes and life is in stages......Try size up

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by MadarasBlade(m): 7:19pm On May 02, 2023
sharone21:

I no go marry man like u naw na by force?Men are in stages, life is in phases.... How my decision take affect u?

Go WORK first, then we can have discussions..... What I wrote ONLY real men understand it and won't argue..... Abi what else do u want to use your body for unlike women?

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by tosinhtml: 7:34pm On May 02, 2023
PrimadonnaO:

No, there's no keeping it real.

This is the very mindset that's making a sham of marriage these days.

Everyone is getting married, ready-in-advance to walk away at the slightest challenge.

That's not what marriage is about.

Asking a question as the one OP created only opens the floor for wrong mindsets to seem okay.

Because some people will surely say nonsense.

It's not easy dealing with financial difficulties, but that's life.

Everyone in life would experience one itch or the other in their lifetime...and that's supposed to be the beauty of marriage. That through those difficulties, you've got someone who'd ride it out with you till the end.

Hmmm okay, I get you but I know what I am saying. The prayer is that God shouldn't give us a bigger test than we can handle.

People don't even walk-away, they just get frustrated & they start living apart whilst being in the same house, I have too many stories.
Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by olabrinks(f): 7:45pm On May 02, 2023
MadarasBlade:

While this is okay, should a man chase away a barren wife knowing the fault isn't his?
Do you support this?
the two are incomparable. Infertility is a health problem, can a woman/man control their reproductive system? You can’t buy your health but money can always be made. That should answer your question.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by MadarasBlade(m): 7:50pm On May 02, 2023
olabrinks:
the two are incomparable. Infertility is a health problem, can a woman/man control their reproductive system? You can’t buy your health but money can always be made. That should answer your question.

Re: Ladies Would You Remain With Your Spouse If He Suddenly Goes Broke? by Rushna27(f): 8:00pm On May 02, 2023
castro316:
Thumbs up. May God bless your hustle and keep staying true to your husband
Amennn
Thanks so much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

In Defence Of Ladies With Small Breast: Why I Prefer Small Breast. / 101 Inexpensive Ways To Say “i Love You” / The New Trend Of Girls In Calabar (must See)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.