Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,423 members, 7,974,736 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 10:23 AM

I Watched Gangs Of Lagos Yesterday - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Watched Gangs Of Lagos Yesterday (473 Views)

‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade / "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) / 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Watched Gangs Of Lagos Yesterday by socialmediaman: 12:47pm On Apr 23, 2023
So I watched gangs of Lagos yesterday. It looks like a dramatization of what seems to be the reality in not just Lagos but many states in Nigeria

The cult clashes when a member of a gang is murdered, the murder of people on the streets without any police identification of suspects that happens everyday, the use of thugs for political purposes, the possession and use of unlicensed guns freely….

Tell me, what was not real?

Anyone who criticizes that movie doesn’t like freedom of the press and entertainment industry

1 Like

Re: I Watched Gangs Of Lagos Yesterday by Typicool8(m): 12:58pm On Apr 23, 2023
socialmediaman:
So I watched gangs of Lagos yesterday. It looks like a dramatization of what seems to be the reality I’m not just Lagos but many states in Nigeria

The cult clashes when a member of a gang is murdered, the murder of people on the streets without any police identification of suspects that happens everyday, the use of thugs for political purposes, the possession and use of unlicensed guns freely….

Tell me, what was not real?

Anyone who criticizes that movie doesn’t like freedom of the press and entertainment industry

Truer words have never been spoken sir.

1 Like

Re: I Watched Gangs Of Lagos Yesterday by Curious345: 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2023
Give us a brief rundown of the 🎥 movie.

And like shanty town, I know it showcases the moral decadence in Lagos as institutionalised by the cartel boss himself , Asiwaju

1 Like

Re: I Watched Gangs Of Lagos Yesterday by Jerryherd: 1:00pm On Apr 23, 2023
I watched it as well, but using Eyo masquerade as a decoy for violence, even using Eyo to invade a party is not necessary

You can tell a story without demonizing that which some hold supreme as cultural identity

1 Like

Re: I Watched Gangs Of Lagos Yesterday by Jerryherd: 1:06pm On Apr 23, 2023
Curious345:
Give us a brief rundown of the 🎥 movie.

And like shanty town, I know it showcases the moral decadence in Lagos as institutionalised by the cartel boss himself , Asiwaju

Funny enough Even from the very days of Portuguese traders and later Colonialist, Lagos had has some of the strongest "cartel bosses" who ruled the Lagos export empire

People like Kosoko of the Kosoko Family and Oshodi

1 Like

Re: I Watched Gangs Of Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 23, 2023
Interesting...

(1) (Reply)

Guys, I Need Your Vote / Desperately Need; Local Movie Producers Contact Info / Court Upholds Dstv’s 20 % Increment On Subscription

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.