Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,190 members, 7,887,448 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:03 AM

Kogi’s Development My Topmost Priority If Elected Governor – Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi’s Development My Topmost Priority If Elected Governor – Melaye (213 Views)

Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? / Adeleke: I’ll Provide Private Jet For Ooni’s Trips If Elected Governor / Abubakar Sani Bello Re-Elected Governor Of Niger State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi’s Development My Topmost Priority If Elected Governor – Melaye by naijabetlee(m): 10:28pm On Apr 24, 2023
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate for the Kogi State Governorship election scheduled for November 11, 2023, Senator Dino Melaye, has pledged to prioritize unity among the people of the state as well as enhance the state’s development if elected.

Melaye, made this promise during a meeting with the state leaders from Kogi Central, in Abuja, on Monday.

He said the outcome of the PDP governorship primary election showcased the bond of unity among the people of the State.

Melaye said, “I will not take the massive support of my Party and generality of Kogites for granted. This support will propel me to work assiduously for the development and unity of our State.”

Earlier, the leaders of Kogi Central had endorsed his candidature while expressing confidence that he will deliver on his promises to the people.

Former Deputy Governor of the State, Chief Patrick Adaba, who spoke on behalf of the zone at the meeting, said Kogi Central will give Senator Melaye the requisite votes to win.

Adaba noted that the gubernatorial candidature of Dino will be beneficial to the people irrespective of which part of the state they come from while urging the people of Kogi West not to miss this “golden opportunity” of producing a governor.

Also speaking at the event, the former Deputy Governor of the state, Hon. Philip Salawu, described the victory of Senator Dino in the primary election is the will of God.

He charged the PDP governorship candidate to continue with his reconciliatory moves which he said has endeared him to many Nigerians even beyond Kogi State.

The State PDP Chairman, Engr Sam Uhuotu, said the rotation of governorship slot among the three senatorial districts will engender harmony among the various ethnicities in the state.

Also speaking during the event, the former National Publicity Secretary of the party, Kola Ologbondiyan, said that the party’s candidate is a household name in the State and needs little or no introduction.

He said, “Every Kogites is aware that Dino has always fought their battles for good governance. When elected into office in November, Senator Dino will bring back the fortunes of the State”.

Re: Kogi’s Development My Topmost Priority If Elected Governor – Melaye by Ihateheadslamer: 10:29pm On Apr 24, 2023
Number one.

More drama continues
Re: Kogi’s Development My Topmost Priority If Elected Governor – Melaye by Synty00: 10:36pm On Apr 24, 2023
U never see anything
Re: Kogi’s Development My Topmost Priority If Elected Governor – Melaye by 9jahotblog: 10:41pm On Apr 24, 2023
Well done the incoming governor of Kogi State, Senator Dino Melaye. You have spoke well here
Re: Kogi’s Development My Topmost Priority If Elected Governor – Melaye by Flapp478(m): 11:39am On Apr 25, 2023
GOD will empower you Sir
Re: Kogi’s Development My Topmost Priority If Elected Governor – Melaye by frank14011991(m): 11:47am On Apr 25, 2023
Kogi is a Muslim dominated state.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Will Unite Nigeria, Natives Celebrates, Thanks APC Govs, NWC / Kano Governor-elect Will Revisit Sanusi’s Dethronement, Kwankwaso Declares / Buhari Launches Nigeria Agenda 2050, With 26 Days Left As President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.