Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,584 members, 7,929,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 05:17 AM

Do Yorubas Actually Eat More Pepper Than Other Tribe? Do They Really? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do Yorubas Actually Eat More Pepper Than Other Tribe? Do They Really? (1086 Views)

Whch Tribe Do U Think Prepare The Most Delicious Meals In Nigeria / Ewww Animals You Won't Believe People Actually Eat / Do Yorubas Cook Better Jollof Rice Than Igbos?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Yorubas Actually Eat More Pepper Than Other Tribe? Do They Really? by GreaterFuture(m): 11:52am On Apr 25, 2023
Recently it's become such a huge thing talked about especially on the internet, that it is now somewhat established that the Yorubas eat the most pepper, far more than all the other Nigerian tribes.
If we are being honest, is this actually true?
I've been in different parts in Nigeria, and Every major tribes in Nigeria eat pepper a lot, all over Southern Nigeria at least.

Where and how did all of this come about?? Cos I don't think it's true at all, not by a wide margin Atleast
One of the numerous, weird lies on the Nigerian internet space...?
Re: Do Yorubas Actually Eat More Pepper Than Other Tribe? Do They Really? by advanceDNA: 11:57am On Apr 25, 2023
GreaterFuture:
Recently that's become such a huge thing, that it is now somewhat established that the Yorubas eat the most pepper, amongst all the Nigerian tribes... At least they are top top there, top two or top three.

If we are being honest, is this actually true?
I've been in different parts in Nigeria, and Every major tribes in Nigeria eat pepper a lot, all over Southern Nigeria at least.

Where and how did all this come from??
One of the numerous weird lies on the Nigerian internet space??

Wait... Is pepper a bad thing? Why are u makig it sound like a derogatory thing to eat pepper
Re: Do Yorubas Actually Eat More Pepper Than Other Tribe? Do They Really? by Blackdeewhy(m): 12:06pm On Apr 25, 2023
I am a Yoruba lady, and I don't mix or eat anything perish.
Whatever I will put in my mouth and can't make me to chew in peace aside hot meals, it's a NO NO FOR ME.

And yes, I'm kind of offended when people say Yorubas eat pepper alot

1 Like

Re: Do Yorubas Actually Eat More Pepper Than Other Tribe? Do They Really? by Berrityga: 12:26pm On Apr 25, 2023
I learn how to eat peppery food in Lagos. So I give it to them.

2 Likes

Re: Do Yorubas Actually Eat More Pepper Than Other Tribe? Do They Really? by Bahamas95(m): 1:43pm On Apr 25, 2023
Stereotype.

Same way they said all Calabar girls can knack, that's a big fat lie.....I have confirmed it.
Re: Do Yorubas Actually Eat More Pepper Than Other Tribe? Do They Really? by GreaterFuture(m): 3:12pm On Apr 25, 2023
advanceDNA:

Wait... Is pepper a bad thing? Why are u makig it sound like a derogatory thing to eat pepper
If you read it, and it sounds like I'm being derogatory, your Sense of Comprehension is very Very FAULTY!
Re: Do Yorubas Actually Eat More Pepper Than Other Tribe? Do They Really? by GreaterFuture(m): 3:13pm On Apr 25, 2023
Blackdeewhy:
I am a Yoruba lady, and I don't mix or eat anything perish.
Whatever I will put in my mouth and can't make me to chew in peace aside hot meals, it's a NO NO FOR ME.

And yes, I'm kind of offended when people say Yorubas eat pepper alot
Right...
It's a myth that's now gaining Ground.
Where and how did this start?
Re: Do Yorubas Actually Eat More Pepper Than Other Tribe? Do They Really? by advanceDNA: 3:17pm On Apr 25, 2023
GreaterFuture:

If you read it, and it sounds like I'm being derogatory, your Sense of Comprehension is very Very FAULTY!

See vawulence.... grin
U no give me notice say u come fight.
Baba...vawulence full ground... as u open the thread i don dey see say u no too get sense as u dey codedly drag one tribe...but i say make i confirm niiii

1 Like

Re: Do Yorubas Actually Eat More Pepper Than Other Tribe? Do They Really? by GreaterFuture(m): 3:22pm On Apr 25, 2023
advanceDNA:

See vawulence.... grin
U no give me notice say u come fight.
Baba...vawulence full ground... as u open the thread i don dey see say u no too get sense as u dey codedly drag one tribe...but i say make i confirm niiii
Codedly drag a tribe?? ?
I'm partly Yorùbá, born and bred in Lagos,
Why this completely unnecessary Stupidity??

1 Like

Re: Do Yorubas Actually Eat More Pepper Than Other Tribe? Do They Really? by advanceDNA: 4:17pm On Apr 25, 2023
GreaterFuture:

Codedly drag a tribe?? ?
I'm Half Yorùbá, born and bred in Lagos, my Yoruba side is actually more dominant
Gthoh, you stupid

Baba Werey ....dominant indeed.... dey ask foolísh question of where pepper issue start... grin .
Re: Do Yorubas Actually Eat More Pepper Than Other Tribe? Do They Really? by GreaterFuture(m): 4:39pm On Apr 25, 2023
advanceDNA:

Baba Werey ....dominant indeed.... dey ask foolísh question of where pepper issue start... grin .
I've wasted my time replying you
I just realised you are one of the resident, Jobless, evil Trolls here On Nairaland. Your history is from one section to another fighting people... How Sad!

A simple topic, is it actually true that Yorubas eat More pepper, cos I don't think so (being of Yoruba & Niger-delta heritage) , having eaten in all major parts of the country too,
now see what you have descended it to...??
depressing, sad and Pathetic!
Re: Do Yorubas Actually Eat More Pepper Than Other Tribe? Do They Really? by Sleekfingers: 7:59pm On Apr 25, 2023
Emi ti o je Ata , emi yepere ni......

As a Yoruba man , any food without a hot kick. I won't eat it. Because I might throw up.

To answer your question, as far as I am concern, and from my findings , the Yorubas eat more pepper than other tribes in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Yorubas Actually Eat More Pepper Than Other Tribe? Do They Really? by RepoMan007: 8:33pm On Apr 25, 2023
Yoruba dey wack pepper o.
Re: Do Yorubas Actually Eat More Pepper Than Other Tribe? Do They Really? by GreaterFuture(m): 11:02pm On May 06, 2023
Sleekfingers:
Emi ti o je Ata , emi yepere ni......

As a Yoruba man , any food without a hot kick. I won't eat it. Because I might throw up.

To answer your question, as far as I am concern, and from my findings , the Yorubas eat more pepper than other tribes in Nigeria.
Eat more, far and wider.
All over Nigerians, they eat pepper a lot

1 Like

Re: Do Yorubas Actually Eat More Pepper Than Other Tribe? Do They Really? by GreaterFuture(m): 11:03pm On May 06, 2023
Topic got a very lower traction than I expected...
Re: Do Yorubas Actually Eat More Pepper Than Other Tribe? Do They Really? by Sleekfingers: 11:12pm On May 06, 2023
GreaterFuture:

Eat more, far and wider.
All over Nigerians, they eat pepper a lot

Including southeast? From my findings they eat less pepper. Especially their stew.
Re: Do Yorubas Actually Eat More Pepper Than Other Tribe? Do They Really? by GreaterFuture(m): 11:38pm On May 06, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Including southeast? From my findings they eat less pepper. Especially their stew.
Okay, maybe go to Niger Delta, go to the middle Belt, go Edo, go Calabar, they eat much pepper , as much as Yorubas
Re: Do Yorubas Actually Eat More Pepper Than Other Tribe? Do They Really? by Sleekfingers: 11:50pm On May 06, 2023
GreaterFuture:

Okay, maybe go to Niger Delta, go to the middle Belt, go Edo, go Calabar, they eat much pepper , as much as Yorubas

I have been too all south south states. I know they eat pepper.

And I have tried several Benue state dishes too. Dem try sha
Re: Do Yorubas Actually Eat More Pepper Than Other Tribe? Do They Really? by GreaterFuture(m): 12:11am On May 07, 2023
Sleekfingers:

I have been too all south south states. I know they eat pepper.

And I have tried several Benue state dishes too. Dem try sha
Right.. so the idea that Yorubas eat pepper is not really true then...
Re: Do Yorubas Actually Eat More Pepper Than Other Tribe? Do They Really? by Sleekfingers: 2:10am On May 07, 2023
GreaterFuture:

Right.. so the idea that Yorubas eat pepper is not really true then...

they do eat pepper. but not as much as the Yorubas. That's my findings. Do you get what I am saying?

1 Like

Re: Do Yorubas Actually Eat More Pepper Than Other Tribe? Do They Really? by GreaterFuture(m): 6:37pm On May 12, 2023
Sleekfingers:

they do eat pepper. but not as much as the Yorubas. That's my findings. Do you get what I am saying?
Ok. To me, no differences per say, very minimal if any

(1) (Reply)

Easy Purchase And Prompt Delivery Of Clothes, Rice, Drinks And Turkey From Coton / Try The Best Coffee In The World!!! / How To Bake A Fruit Cake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.