Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,063 members, 7,970,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 05:23 AM

The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai (9227 Views)

Anybody Complaining About Buhari Is Wasting His Time – Diya Oladipo / Tunde Bakare Worried That APC Govt Is Finding It Difficult To Bring "Change" / Industrialisation Will Unlock Nigeria’s Wealth - Aganga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by moshoodn(m): 10:54pm On Sep 23, 2011
@doctokwus, if Nigeria was filled entirely with people like you. . .  Wow, we had be doomed, big time!
Everyone is talking objectively but you're just yarning dust.
Lets face it, can't people change? So if you're bad, you should continue to be bad?
El-Rufai is making so much sense, lets support him in any way we can to reduce waste.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by fjjc(m): 10:59pm On Sep 23, 2011
What else El Rufai has to say after all he was part those OBJ big boys then
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by Basseti: 11:06pm On Sep 23, 2011
moshoodn:

El-Rufai is making so much sense, lets support him in any way we can to reduce waste.

What exactly did El-rufai say that a 10 yr old nigerian wont be able to tell you? That the Nigerian govt is a consortium of redundant duplicity? N@@ga , we know that!!!!!
Is that the level we have stooped to as Nigerians?? That the mere admittance of a very obvious problem makes one sensible and worthy of applause?
I reserve my compliments for whoever begins to articulate a pathway forward to get us out of the mess.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by fjjc(m): 11:08pm On Sep 23, 2011
What about those land he was alleged to have allocated to his family members in Abuja when he was minister  so it is far from his person to tell us that Govt in Nigeria is wasting a lot of money
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by chidyke77(m): 11:17pm On Sep 23, 2011
When the going was good he never mention these things but busy dinning with baba iyabo with our money,he should keep his mouth shut.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by Appliedmaths(m): 11:37pm On Sep 23, 2011
If we sum up these gigantic and mouth watering figures together you would find out that NiGERIA can afford 50 thousand naira minimum wage.na now i believe dat talk wey say "na man dey kill man",
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by emisun(m): 11:39pm On Sep 23, 2011
am sick and tired of seeing this guy's rants on frontpage all the time. if we are to tackle corruption,he wouldn't make a bad start
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by BetaThings: 11:42pm On Sep 23, 2011
El Rufai is a rogue, a thief, a rapis.t (he was responsible for the ABSU video incident), he killed Bola Ige, he stole $200b etc

Satisfied?

Now PRETEND those statements about govt spending were made by Gani Fawehinmi
What is your reaction?
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 23, 2011
All the posts attacking the messenger El-Rufai are riddled with poor spelling, never mind the mind-boggling infantilism they express. That i think one is a direct result of the other is purely conjecture.

But still, is it any wonder that the appropriate reactionary revolution is not viable when these tepid, reptile minds exist, even if they might be 3?or 2? Or even just the 1?

A military takeover please
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by boyt1: 11:45pm On Sep 23, 2011
chidyke77:

When the going was good he never mention these things but busy dinning with baba iyabo with our money,he should keep his mouth shut.
Don't mind the  silly El-Rofai, yesterday he was in govt. also wasted money , today he turned critic of the same group. Freedom of speach abi!.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 23, 2011
*Beware-Long thread* (Could this be the SOLUTION?) I weep for my Country, but while weeping I still think of the solution(s) to our Problems. The number one problem of Nigeria, as most 'sane' ones of us known & highlighted by El-Rufai is CORRUPTION. I have alwayz known that a Nigerian Senator Annual Salary is x10 of an American Senators salary and Our 'Lucky' President salary is x7 of Obama's Salary! El-Rufai has let us known much more, WE NEED A CHANGE NOW!! WE NEED A R.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N in Nigeria. Tunisians, Egyptians, Algerians, Ivory Coast did it, Libyans are on it. Why are we so scared to fight 4 our rights & that of our Unborn Children? Is this how it is going to continue?? Unemployed Youth, No Light, Bad roads, No Quality Education(Nigerians going to Ghana(!) for Qualitative Education!!) No security, Bleak and Gloomy Future. On a deep personal thought,I av been thinking that what is making it difficult 4 us 2 stand as one and have a R.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N agains Bad Governance/Corrupt Leaders? I came up with this FACT ==> Our Politicians have succeeded in disintegrating us, i.e breaking us to tiny pieces, ethnic wise- from Independence, how? Here it is, Normally&Ideally Nigeria is made up of YORUBA, IGBO and HAUSA but Politics and Selfish Interest let our Politicians and leaders to come between us and finger(excuse my word)our brain to break us into bits&pieces by letting the Easterners understands that the next guy from Calabar is not an Igbo,d Deltans r not Igbos, the Edos are neither Igbos or Yorubas, the Yoruba speaking part of Kwara & Kogi are not pure Yorubas, but d hausa speaking part are purely Hausas,etc,but in the North they are one, they do this so that there cannot be one collective voice, no Strong agreement can take place between the divided tribes,when it comes to R.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N / E.L.E.C.T.I.O.N.S or any other Valuable decision(s) that MUST be taken, If we should come together with one VISION and AIM and stand up 2 our right we will be the Great Nation flowing with milk & honey dat God has created us to be. If you are between 18-45yrs with the older ones that are young @ heart and are rearing to join us, lets stand Up and make our nation work again. We need a R.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N in this Country. GOD BLESS NIGERIA. I rise!!! (I hope my 2370 letters would go a long way to Ginger us to ACTION!!!!!)[color=#000099][/color]
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by marvix(m): 11:58pm On Sep 23, 2011
El Rufai has said the truth, but it is a case of a monster he was part of creating goung out of cntrol. He was part of the team that created the monster called corruption as it looks today and it is evident in his 2nd paragraph where he said "make a nonsense of the monetisation policy we put in place" we can not expect govt to be run at the whim and caprices of individuals no matter how genuine their intentions maybe.

I have said on this forum before that corruption itself is not the problem of this country, but the brazen show of corruption and its dividends, in other climes corrupt individuals go extra mile to carry out corrupt acts and hide such, but only in Nigeria is a man elected to the Senate and b4 d end of d year he has houses everywhere in Abuja, Dubai and Uk and we the people start hailing him, calling ourselves supporters and fans.

We as Nigerians must realise that the solution does not lie in any nparty as it is constituted today or even in any indivdual, did El Rufai reject the estacodes he was paid as a minister, did he not have special assistants and did he not use SUVs, who was responsible for his medical bills while he was DG BPE and Minster FCT, corruption has been deregulated and this indeed is the problem.

It is so bad that anyone who chooses to fight corruption seems to be fighting the nation, because the populace survive on corrupt practises, there are 774 LGAs how many of the chairmen are not corrupt and invpolved in one corrupt deal or the other, there are 36govs how many of these govs are not corrupt or deal in one corrupt deal or the other, we have 42 ministers how many of them are not devising shady deals to their benefit, its a big cartel of corrupt individuals trying to out do each other.

The media as it is is so corrupt that they also benefit from these corrupt practises.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by Umunede(m): 12:07am On Sep 24, 2011
El rufai is among those who were corrupt during Obj time. Mallam, u may be saying the truth but it does not rule out the fact that u are a criminal. U must return all dat u stole 4rm our dear country and repent, otherwise hellfire is your portion. U are doing everything possible to tarnish the image of this government.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by mallorca(m): 12:40am On Sep 24, 2011
El Rufai ur among the people that destroy Nigeria
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by logic1: 12:47am On Sep 24, 2011
I reserve my compliments for whoever begins to articulate a pathway forward to get us out of the mess.
@bassetti

Check out the following thread to view and contribute to suggestions that can make Nigeria better.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-764430.32.html
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by adminlo: 2:18am On Sep 24, 2011
Dear all,
    The issues raised by El rufai are central to the core of who we are as Nigeria. But seriously i do not blame the Govt. or its institutions.  A society begets the Govt. it deserves. I feel ashamed as a Nigerian not because our govt. spends 55 to 75% of the budget on current expenditure when America, China , Germany etc spends far less ( Ok and still have nothing to show for it )  or the corruption we all endure and  complain about everyday .
       I feel ashamed as a Nigerian when he honor those that have stolen our future Heritage like OBJ, IBB, governors , senators etc leaving us in desperate quagmire .
      I feel ashamed as a Nigerian when our education system is so broken by the powers that be that we all want to send our kids outside Nigeria even if it is Ghana.   
    I write this night with a heavy heart that Nigeria cannot boast of constant power supply which lesser nations like Ghana are able to provide for its citizens. Now who is responsible for these atrocities and misfortune ?
  WE ARE . WE ARE RESPONSIBLE . 
                             Nigeria has a teeming population of about 65% percent of youngster. We are agile when we traveled abroad, smart , funny , intelligent if we want to be. The Arab spring has shown us a pathway that we can realized the dream that we want for ourselves, children and nation. Tunisia, Libya has shown that they will be international support if we come together to fight our oppressors. We must be willing to give everything to get that Nigerian dream. Facebook, nairaland and other social networks provide effective organisational and information avenues.
            When 500000 youths , or 1 million or even 5 million out of 100 miiliion youths have sits-ins , build camps , stage non violent protest in front of the ministry,  Aso rock, Tafawa Belewa square in Lagos, eagle square in Abuja or other notable  places and believe the conviction that we deserve better like the youths of Egypt, Tunisia , Libya and those still in process like Syria and Yemen,  no amount of policeman, armed forces can stop us. infact , the junior police officers sent to arrest us will join our cause if we believe because they belong also to the oppressed.
     When are we ready to do stand up to inequality before the laws of Nigeria in Nigeria?
     When are we ready to do stand up to 55% of our budget spent on elected officers ?
     When are we ready to do stand up to mismanagement of our wealth ( over 300 billion dollars ) since 1970?
     When are we ready to do stand up to low life expectancy of Nigerian men and women?
     When are we ready to do stand up to (already paid )poor and dilapidated roads murdering our loved ones?
     When are we ready to do stand up to  poor educational and health standards with millions already allocated ?
     When are we ready to do stand up to systematic rape of the Nigerian mind ?

My dear bothers, Igbo, yoruba, hausa, ijaw, efik and all others , Nigeria belongs to us and we should fight the few the puts us against each.
    Now is the time to rise to all these challenges because if we put it off to the next generation, we continue to endure and that FEW gets more entrenched.
          We as Nigerians own Nigeria. That is the Big Secret. The govt does not own Nigeria, they represent us and if they spend our money recklessly , we have a right and an obligation to see them out from office like our african brothers
    We should not endure mediocrity.
    We should not endure corruption.
    We should not endure laughter when these issues are discussed.
    We should not endure suffering and smiling.
    We should not endure  nonchalant attitude to profligate spending of national wealth .
    We should not endure past evil head of states in our midst. ( there should exiled or in jailed )
    We should not endure epileptic power supply
Rather We should demand and expect what citizens of other nations ordinarily deserve ( it is not favor  or privilege )and if our expectations are not met, We , the Nigeria people have a right to civil disobedience and our blood like that of our Tunisian, Egyptian, Libyan brothers shall not be in vain.
      We have the numbers , strength, intelligence, social network, squares, food, water, and ultimately the love of our country . What's stopping Us ?
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by EagleNest(m): 5:28am On Sep 24, 2011
The message is weighty and damning though the messenger is not saint.
The wasteful spending did not start today only that Nigerians are too sleepy & carefree to bother about the happenings in government. We don't have serious watchdog or opposition (shadow government) to checkmate these guys. Looting will continue while the offer lasts (as long as we continue in our sleep)
I like the courage of El-Rufai but he has to go a step further and come clean, then can we respect & listen to him. The same to OBJ.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 24, 2011
EagleNest:

The message is weighty and damning though the messenger is no saint.
I like the courage of El-Rufai but he has to go a step further and come clean, then can we respect & listen to him.
exactly! i will join him with placards to protest but let him returning the plots of land he illegally acquired seized from the rightful owners and allocated to unborn, yes unborn children of his younger siblings and in-laws
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 24, 2011
EagleNest:

The message is weighty and damning though the messenger is no saint.
I like the courage of El-Rufai but he has to go a step further and come clean, then can we respect & listen to him.
exactly! i will join him with placards to protest but let him returning the plots of land he illegally acquired seized from the rightful owners and allocated to unborn, yes unborn children of his younger siblings and in-laws

1 Like

Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by icconium(m): 9:10am On Sep 24, 2011
El Rufai is as confused as his masters When he was with obj govt. was not wasting fund during the rule of his northern brothers govt. was not wasting fund they were busy chopping. I think he has dementia. He pls shut up his dirty mouth just as SLS as done thanks.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by auwal87(m): 10:18am On Sep 24, 2011
Let's see what "Fresh Air" will do about the problem
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by marvix(m): 10:20am On Sep 24, 2011
I personally don't believe in revolution or protests to sack the status quo, for the simple reason that we would only end up working so hard to entrench another set of looters who may not even give us our freedom of speech. We must engage the powers that be within d ambit of law and due process, where are d leading lights in opposition what is the level of investment that they have put on d ground to make their platforms national in outlook, is there any saint in their folk, if u observe critically they are in d wings hoping we go the Egyptian way and they will immediately jump in. My people when our fore fathers fought colonialism they neva knew we cld get nepotism, when we fought against d military in IBB and prayed Abacha away we did not know that we cld get Obasanjo, let the political process weed out the tares!!!
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by aletheia(m): 12:12pm On Sep 24, 2011
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by logic1: 4:05pm On Sep 24, 2011
How do we organize successful protests, not to remove the government but to press for meaningful changes?

Anyone who has been involved in the organization of a peaceful protest by unrelated individuals should please contribute so we can move our Nation forward

Please post your suggestions at the following thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-764430.32.html
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by DrummaBoy(m): 5:08pm On Sep 24, 2011
El-Rufai's record @ d FCT remains unsurpased to date. As minister he spoke against corruptn tho he mostly facd his work
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by DrummaBoy(m): 5:10pm On Sep 24, 2011
On d land issue: his wife bided 4 land and got it
His revoked his own land 4 not developin it on time basd on FCT policy
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by DrummaBoy(m): 5:12pm On Sep 24, 2011
This one Nigerian whose integrity is legendary
Why some wil call him evil 4 workin 4 govt, I dont know
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by DrummaBoy(m): 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2011
SO I CAL ALL NIG TO CONSIDER THESE FACTS UNBIASEDLY & ASK THEMSELVES IF WE WANT 2 CONT LIVING LIKE THIS
ITS UR CHOICE!
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by Pukkah: 7:52pm On Sep 24, 2011
From some comments here, many Nigerians don't realize the enormity of this problem. Just imagine a crash in oil prices, what do you think will happen to Nigeria with this kind of expenditure profile?
For a moment, look beyond El-Rufai and come to terms with the way our economy is being run.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by sirjec(m): 10:43pm On Sep 24, 2011
Why didn't El rufai bring up these when Yar adua was in power since especially the ministries were reversed by Yar adua back to 30

El rufai should not sympathise with us cos he was part of our problem

Why did d administration he served under merge the ministries in 2006 when they started ruling in 1999.

Is it all those things they quickly did when they were about to hand over what el rufai want the nation to follow.

El rufai should just shut his trap
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by wireless05: 11:04pm On Sep 24, 2011
Why are we so biased? instead of critisizing what the man has said or commending him if he is actually telling the truth, Kx is talking about nothern or southern president. in his words (Soon you will hear" If a northernan was in power, would El Rufai ask this questions).
And we say we are educated. If it was a southerner that said this then it will be ok.
Didnt you read the whole article when he mentioned yaradua's administration reversing some good policies.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by otondo55: 11:38pm On Sep 24, 2011

The ball is on our court Nigerians, we cant never continue like this.
Sending all this with nothing to show for it.
Arise the youth of this nation, enough is enough ! shocked shocked shocked
The time is now, we are not alone, we must act fast

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Deputy Governor Of Adamawa Visits Refugees Deported From Cameroon / Petrol Imports Gulp ₦‎17 Trillion, Refineries Stay Dormant / Controversy Over Alleged Endorsement Of Akeredolu For Second Term In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.