Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,747 members, 7,935,224 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 02:18 AM

Help!!!! My Birds Are Dieing - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Help!!!! My Birds Are Dieing (657 Views)

Help !!! My Birds Are Dying / Lost All My Birds..help / Day Old Chicks, Poults And Growing Birds Are For Sale In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!!! My Birds Are Dieing by Pharmmaqp: 2:21pm On Apr 29, 2023
Good afternoon nairalanders.

Recently I have been having this unfathomable mortalities in my farm. I have 2 sets of birds. The 1st set are 6 weeks and the other sets are 3 weeks.

I noticed of late, I have been loosing 3 birds daily most of which comes from the younger set.
The loose motor function and start acting paralytic. The next thing they are gone.

I had thought it was a case of merks disease but again I don't know how to salvage the situation.

I have lost a total of 12 birds and 2 are Currently paralysed. I will attach a video to this post and would really appreciate your opinions as to how to remedy this situation.

1 Like

Re: Help!!!! My Birds Are Dieing by Pharmmaqp: 2:25pm On Apr 29, 2023
Find attached photos below

Re: Help!!!! My Birds Are Dieing by impeccablephili: 2:31pm On Apr 29, 2023
Pharmmaqp:
Find attached photos below
what is the colour of the sick birds poo?
Re: Help!!!! My Birds Are Dieing by GogetterMD(m): 2:51pm On Apr 29, 2023
Have you done a necropsy at the vet?
Re: Help!!!! My Birds Are Dieing by Munzy14(m): 2:51pm On Apr 29, 2023
Pharmmaqp:
Good afternoon nairalanders.

Recently I have been having this unfathomable mortalities in my farm. I have 2 sets of birds. The 1st set are 6 weeks and the other sets are 3 weeks.

I noticed of late, I have been loosing 3 birds daily most of which comes from the younger set.
The loose motor function and start acting paralytic. The next thing they are gone.

I had thought it was a case of merks disease but again I don't know how to salvage the situation.

I have lost a total of 12 birds and 2 are Currently paralysed. I will attach a video to this post and would really appreciate your opinions as to how to remedy this situation.
Mortality from 3weeks birds could be as a result of quite a lot of errors from management if you are sure and trust your birds supplier.

1. Can we see your farm programme for the birds from day1 on arrival.

2. Which hatchery farm did you buy from?

3. Have you administered the necessary vaccination (Lasota and Gumboro vaccines)?

4. What Antibiotics are you making use of?

5. Bird paralysis is a cleanical sign of weak Immune sysstem and CRD(Chronic respiratory Disease).

6. What feed are they on?

7 what is the colour of their droppings?

Answer lets get to the root cause.

Lastly how many are they?
Re: Help!!!! My Birds Are Dieing by Pharmmaqp: 2:54pm On Apr 29, 2023
impeccablephili:
what is the colour of the sick birds poo?

They are not even pooing..

They were very Healthy before the sudden attack
Re: Help!!!! My Birds Are Dieing by Pharmmaqp: 3:03pm On Apr 29, 2023

It's an organic farm. Ginger and garlic tea on arrival and day 5.

Gomboro at day 7 and 14.

Lasota at day 21 and 28.

The 2nd set just received their 1st dose of lasota while the 1st set had completed

Blessed Tunike (BTA). I have been using them for over 6 cycles. They perform better than agrited

3. Have you administered the necessary vaccination (Lasota and Gumboro vaccines)?

Yes

T-viral at the moment

5. Bird paralysis is a cleanical sign of weak Immune sysstem and CRD(Chronic respiratory Disease).

That's why they were placed on natural immune boosters.. and there's literally no sign of CRD.

Chukum starter.

No droppings

Re: Help!!!! My Birds Are Dieing by Munzy14(m): 3:30pm On Apr 29, 2023
Pharmmaqp:

It's an organic farm. Ginger and garlic tea on arrival and day 5.

Gomboro at day 7 and 14.

Lasota at day 21 and 28.

The 2nd set just received their 1st dose of lasota while the 1st set had completed

Blessed Tunike (BTA). I have been using them for over 6 cycles. They perform better than agrited

Yes

T-viral at the moment

That's why they were placed on natural immune boosters.. and there's literally no sign of CRD.

Chukum starter.

No droppings

Okay..I have no problems with runnig an organic farm, but ensure strict biosecurity measures.

On your vaccine chat, You run First gumboro and lasota same week..with 3days of vitamin in between. That is 14th should be your first lasota.

Which will give that immunity from 4th week.

Second lasota should be 21st day and second gumboro 27/28th day.. to give that immunity activation 2weeks after vacination.

Organic farming permits switching to routine antibiotics since mortality has come to stay...youve lost 12...Thats 5% mortalilty in your flock. sad

Place on them clean water for 3days and get A good antibiotics like Enrocare which has majorly Floxacin based drug to tackle issues there.

Place them on routine antibiotics for 3-5 days and follow with MultiVitamin. Ones they are okay..

Repeat Lasota using 500dose to boost their Immunity.

They will be super fine.

Good luck.
Re: Help!!!! My Birds Are Dieing by impeccablephili: 3:48pm On Apr 29, 2023
Pharmmaqp:

They are not even pooing..

They were very Healthy before the sudden attack
one of the interesting things about chickens is in most cases they will continue to play and eat even while they are sick, the colour of their droppings will help you to detect the problem before it becomes serious.
I'm sorry without you telling me the colour of their droppings it will be nearly impossible to help you.
There are so many things that can make chickens paralyse and die.

1 Like

Re: Help!!!! My Birds Are Dieing by staga: 5:55pm On Apr 29, 2023
Is it even a wise thing to have two sets of chickens brought in at different times?
Re: Help!!!! My Birds Are Dieing by wuyexzy01: 9:46am On Apr 30, 2023
Hello I feel ur pain... All those common antibiotics (enrocare, tetranor) won't help u at this level.
Go and get TAF it's around 38k or go get CENTRE-FLOR it's around #2800 for the small bottle. Get this ASAP and come thank me later...
Shalom
Re: Help!!!! My Birds Are Dieing by Wodu89: 12:34pm On Apr 30, 2023
The problem is the common drug's. They don't work. I lose almost 50 birds until I stopped the use of common drug's. Get the ones from 2500 Naira and above
Re: Help!!!! My Birds Are Dieing by Pharmmaqp: 9:19am On May 04, 2023
Munzy14:

Okay..I have no problems with runnig an organic farm, but ensure strict biosecurity measures.

On your vaccine chat, You run First gumboro and lasota same week..with 3days of vitamin in between. That is 14th should be your first lasota.

Which will give that immunity from 4th week.

Second lasota should be 21st day and second gumboro 27/28th day.. to give that immunity activation 2weeks after vacination.

Organic farming permits switching to routine antibiotics since mortality has come to stay...youve lost 12...Thats 5% mortalilty in your flock. sad

Place on them clean water for 3days and get A good antibiotics like Enrocare which has majorly Floxacin based drug to tackle issues there.

Place them on routine antibiotics for 3-5 days and follow with MultiVitamin. Ones they are okay..

Repeat Lasota using 500dose to boost their Immunity.

They will be super fine.

Good luck.

I followed your directions strictly. The mortality stopped. I can't appreciate enough. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Help!!!! My Birds Are Dieing by Munzy14(m): 2:31pm On May 04, 2023
Pharmmaqp:

I followed your directions strictly. The mortality stopped. I can't appreciate enough. Thank you
You welcomed!

Always make sure you pen is clean and the litter is in perfect condition..Birds problem starts from poor litter management.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

QUAIL BIRDS And EGGS Close To You / The Shape Of These Carrots Will Shock You (photos) / Nipples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.