Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,181 members, 7,880,685 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:18 AM

7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke (3449 Views)

Fada Oluoma Reacts To Supreme Court Verdict On Imo Election / Supreme Court Sacks Ihedioha, Declares Uzodinma Winner Of Imo Election / Meet The 5 Justices Who Gave Apc’s Oyetola Victory At The Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke by Armaggedon: 7:55am On Apr 30, 2023
LegendHero:
Fake news.

USA will never tell anyone why their visa is denied. They usually just give a generic blue paper that will have normal general reason.

So how did Donald Duke know the actual reason they were denied?

comprehension problem. It was implied in the report not stated. Moreover it's true.
Re: 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke by Roboto11: 7:55am On Apr 30, 2023
The US can never ban judges for making judicial decisions.

1 Like

Re: 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke by Beremx(f): 8:18am On Apr 30, 2023
For the seven of them to be denied Visa says a lot. Sounds fishy though
Re: 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke by 001Lagos: 8:36am On Apr 30, 2023
Very good
Re: 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke by Odibembem: 8:43am On Apr 30, 2023
TruthsFM:
Justices Who Sat On Imo Gov’ship Election Petition Denied US Visa, Says Donald Duke"

Our take: this is a good development and a lesson to some of our corrupt Judges

A former Governor of Cross River State, Donald Duke, on Wednesday, claimed that the seven Supreme Court Justices, who delivered the judgement that declared Hope Uzodinma as the Imo State governor aftermath of the 2019 elections, were recently denied visas to attend a Judges’ conference in the United States.

The former governor made the claim at the launch of a memoir in honour of retired Judge of the Federal High Court, Justice Charles Archibong, titled “A Stranger In Their Midst’’.

Duke, who noted that the United States Embassy in Nigeria took the action in view of the miscarriage of justice that occurred in the case, also alleged that all the aides, who applied for the US visas, alongside the Justices, were all granted.
LEADERSHIP recalls that the apex court in an unanimous judgment of a seven-member panel, read by Justice Kudirat Kekere-Ekun, held that results in 388 polling units were unlawfully excluded during the collation of the final 2019 governorship election results in Imo State.

The names of other Justices on the panel are the then CJN, Justice Tanko Muhammad, the current CJN Justice Olukayode Ariwoola, Justice Nwali Sylvester Ngwuta, Justice Amiru Sanusi, Justice Amina Augie and Justice Uwanimusa Abba Aji.

https://leadership.ng/justices-who-sat-on-imo-govship-election-petition-denied-us-visa-says-donald-duke/

You guys are wailing and gnashing your teeth over Imo yet silent about the injustice done to David Lyon of Bayelsa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke by Nairalander248: 8:58am On Apr 30, 2023
LegendHero:
Fake news.

USA will never tell anyone why their visa is denied. They usually just give a generic blue paper that will have normal general reason.

And you think DD is unverified blog to tell us this?
Re: 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke by hardbody: 9:26am On Apr 30, 2023
LegendHero:
Fake news.

LOL, Bros e like say dem don deny you tire, abi do you work for them? grin grin grin grin

No attacks, I just dey play
Re: 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke by blowjohn(m): 9:33am On Apr 30, 2023
Has Donald Duke explained to the world what happened to TINAPA?

Cross river state with bad governors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:03am On Apr 30, 2023
And what is so special about traveling to USA
What makes poor people always have to assume that if you don’t go to the USA then you’re done?
Haaaa to have poverty mentality is not good Sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke by mycar: 10:30am On Apr 30, 2023
LegendHero:
Fake news.

They can tell you if the reason is outside the common reasons.
Re: 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke by LegendHero(m): 10:44am On Apr 30, 2023
hardbody:

LOL, Bros e like say dem don deny you tire, abi do you work for them? grin grin grin grin

No attacks, I just dey play

Lol 😂 no o.

I got my US visa on first trial back then long time ago and it’s for F-1 for my masters.

But I’ve had lot of my guys I’ve helped transitioned for student visa and that’s how I know so much about all these things.

Also, we have a travel thread on Nairaland for US student visa where people update their interview transcripts and from there you can see lot of stuffs.

1 Like

Re: 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke by mycar: 10:45am On Apr 30, 2023
LegendHero:

What will that reason be? Do you mean after someone is placed on administrative processing or what?

No, outright ban.

Administration processing is when your biodata or travel history needs to be scrutinized.
Maybe, someone in their watchlist bears it
Re: 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke by blacksam01: 10:54am On Apr 30, 2023
tiger28:
I have been a US citizen for decades and no big deal here.

I dont see the big deal in refusal.....there is Dubai,Singapore, Barbados , Switzerland,Seychelles, SA , Mombassa etc to go and relax for most of these rich folks.

They aren't going to US to hustle nau.......it's just for holidays and medicals .

Give ANY Nigerian $5M and he won't EVEN bother to leave Africa.

Abeg!

why didn't u huzle for d citizenship of the places u mentioned and let go of ur US citizenship..,

nonsense talk...u thing freedom and justice is d same as fine fine building amd snow...?
Re: 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke by blacksam01: 10:58am On Apr 30, 2023
pquaver:
Same people hailing the news on us denying the honourable justices of visas to us for declaring 3rd as first in imo governorship because they feel is miscarriage of justice for a 3rd runner up to become 1st irrespective of what his case at the supreme court was. Do you know those same people are demanding that the 3rd runner up in our presidential election be announced as winner in place of the 1st person.. At the end of the day.. Dont worry them go know say madness does not belong to only 1 tribe...

must u only wear ur thinking cap only when u are reminded..?
Re: 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke by hardbody: 11:02am On Apr 30, 2023
LegendHero:

Lol 😂 no o.

I got my US visa on first trial back then long time ago and it’s for F-1 for my masters.

But I’ve had lot of my guys I’ve helped transitioned for student visa and that’s how I know so much about all these things.

Also, we have a travel thread on Nairaland for US student visa where people update their interview transcripts and from there you can see lot of stuffs.

Very good job and thank you for the clarification. I might not be checking it any time soon though but have made a mental note of this, in the event I have to refer someone. I recently concluded my PhD and will not be looking at academics (by way of qualifications) in the medium term, at least. Cheers bro.

1 Like

Re: 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke by LegendHero(m): 11:25am On Apr 30, 2023
hardbody:

Very good job and thank you for the clarification. I might not be checking it any time soon though but have made a mental note of this, in the event I have to refer someone. I recently concluded my PhD and will not be looking at academics (by way of qualifications) in the medium term, at least. Cheers bro.

Nice. Best of luck to you.

Below is the thread just FYI.
https://www.nairaland.com/7194807/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part/319

1 Like

Re: 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke by Shikini: 11:29am On Apr 30, 2023
Good
Re: 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke by mortalincarnate(f): 11:32am On Apr 30, 2023
LegendHero:

Where is the proof from all the link you shared that the reason was because of Imo election?

USA won’t even tell you the actual reason you were denied so what exactly is Donald Duke talking about?

When Peter Obi was deported, you can see how the British immigration handled it. They failed to divulge the reason to journalists that contacted them.

Also, when the USA diplomat was asked to name those people on their visa ban list, she stated that it is against their policy to reveal the identities.

So how did Donald Duke know the reason?

Then give us the reason why they were denied visas and their aids was all granted. Some of you are very irritating to say the least
Re: 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke by hardbody: 11:38am On Apr 30, 2023
LegendHero:

Nice. Best of luck to you.

Below is the thread just FYI.
https://www.nairaland.com/7194807/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part/319

Seen and noted. Thanks.
Re: 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke by oyatz(m): 11:54am On Apr 30, 2023
TruthsFM:
It’s on dailies newspapers , you can start your own investigation from there. USA has banned them from entering. Justice kekere Ekun and others are part of them too. Read the news well

This is a very wrong information.

The case of Hope Uzodimma raised a very fundamental question: does INEC have the right to cancel the results from a polling unit already declared and signed by the Presiding Officers at such polling units?

The Supreme Court rightly ruled that INEC doesn't have that power.

The then Gov of Imo State,Emeka Ihedioha under rated Uzodimma's petition , otherwise he should have filed a cross-petition that Hope Uzodimma didn't score legitimate votes.

In conclusion:; the Supreme Court did the right thing by ruling that INEC lacked the powers to cancel the results from the over 300 polling units.
Re: 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke by lanocfoods: 12:29pm On Apr 30, 2023
LegendHero:
Fake news.

Shall we then say it is a coincidence?
Re: 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke by 9jahotblog: 1:01pm On Apr 30, 2023
Cc mynd44 cc Seun cc nlfpmod cc OAM4j cc justwise Fp
Re: 7 Supreme Court Justices Who Sat On Imo Election Petition Denied US Visa - Duke by pquaver(m): 1:54pm On Apr 30, 2023
blacksam01:

must u only wear ur thinking cap only when u are reminded..?

My friend keep quiet.. 3rd place will not be declared 1st.you cannot eat ur cake and have it.. I dont blame u.. Ur thinking is bindlich with ur face cap.. No wonder u talk senselessly..

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Biggest Biden Scam Of All / They Are Now Insulting Oba Of Benin Even Calling Him Obidient / Asiwaju New Yr Speech: Reno Omokri Drags Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.