Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,462 members, 7,964,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 11:54 PM

Which Of This Job Should He Go For? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Of This Job Should He Go For? (10074 Views)

Which Job Should I Choose In This Harsh Economy, Job A Or Stick To Job B / Which Job Should I Pick? / Which Of These Job Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by OluwaEbuka1: 1:52pm On May 04, 2023
Trulydude:
All offers are at hand

A. A Federal Polytechnic Assistant Lecturer job that offers around 150k Monthly Gross. (High job security, more relaxing time to run one or two things)

B. A full time job at A Multi National Company that offers 350k Monthly Gross. (Less job security, tight schedule)

All offers are at hand ✋

You are funny. What exactly do you mean by job security? If you have the opportunity to work for a Multi-national company for a few years, you are an asset. You would have acquired more experience that can open bigger doors for you. Relieving you of that job does not do any harm to you. I had similar offer after school - civil service work or a great private sector job. I went for the latter and I have been in the private sector for 6 years now and have never received any threat of sack from the two firms I have worked for.

You also mentioned "tight schedule". Well, i assume you are a young boy/girl, burn the candle now. Build skills and add value to yourself. Work hard and shy away from laziness because it will not help you on the long run.

Lastly, with this whole japa movement, little experience from a multinational will scale up your value in the market because big and small companies are looking for experts to hire without success.

All the best.

5 Likes

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Dollarboss93: 1:52pm On May 04, 2023
Number 2....

Go for tight schedules will make you bring out the best in you
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Femisol(m): 1:54pm On May 04, 2023
You are very smart.
Flango:
shocked
First, the multi national pays more, which is a plus.

Beyond the money, I believe you will become a better human being by choosing the multi national. The job will demand the best from you; you'll be forced to develop yourself; if there's a new technology in your field, the company will most likely adopt it, giving you the opportunity to learn. Then there's the contact with high performance people which is good for growth. You develop discipline too. For example, you can't decide to miss work for no reason, you must show up everyday. Unlike the other one where you might skip work to go visit your side chick, without repercussions.

But you can choose the lecturing job if the field of academia is your dream career. Then it becomes a good place to start.

All depends on what you demand from yourself. Do you want a laid back system or a high level system? It depends on your ideals in life.
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Nicenixon: 2:11pm On May 04, 2023
It depends on your passion. I have also seen a lecturer who is rich to the extent that his HOD borrows from him. Apart from being a lecturer, he is also a businessman. He doesn't waste his time around, even his senior lecturers can't order him around anyhow, he is very intelligent, good at lecturing, disciplined, respected and very time conscious. I think it is just common sense and having a vision you can actualize. No matter where I find myself, be it in private or public sector, I will always have side hustle. As a man, it doesn't make sense to have one way of making money.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by nzechu(m): 2:19pm On May 04, 2023
which one is job security again. abeg take the 350k job, do ur best in the job and be social enough, u won't get sacked just like that plus u get to work (task your brain) but govt job u HV to keep up with boring repetitive things that doesn't task your brain

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by clockwisereport: 3:38pm On May 04, 2023
Pootle:

which code...the one lecturer dey slap student cos of ordinary dress code
And you forgot that the lecturer has been suspended
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Pootle: 5:01pm On May 04, 2023
clockwisereport:
And you forgot that the lecturer has been suspended

one in how many
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by clockwisereport: 5:06pm On May 04, 2023
Pootle:

one in how many
So many of them are being caught and decisively dealt with
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Walamide: 5:22pm On May 04, 2023
Op, let's strike a deal.. Hold the lecturing job while I run the multinational job

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Pootle: 5:23pm On May 04, 2023
clockwisereport:
So many of them are being caught and decisively dealth with

are you a lecturer
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by emanobis(m): 7:10pm On May 04, 2023
Idrismusty97:
FG job is the death of creativity especially if it's your sole income with no side hustle. If you have a solid side hustle and want time go for the lecturing job, if you want career progression with barely anytime for yourself or a side hustle then pick the private job.

Job security is a myth, anything can happen anywhere anytime. The best security is your skills or your side hustle. I have seen people who spent over two decades in a bank and some who couldn't last 5 years in a government job with nothing to show for it. Can't even get a private job with the FG job experience cause he was basically just warming bench all through the 5 years.

I wonder how people pass their exams
Over Sabi too dey worry Una here oo

Someone gave you his story needs help to assist him make up his mind and decision, you are here talking about skills
Do you even know if he is having plenty of skills or didn't you see where he said the Fed Poly job has a flexible time for other side hustle
Make we no dey too show over Sabinus abeg

Oo, abeg go for the Fed job
Elastic time
More cash out after exams ( u knw what I mean)
Ample of benefits

2 Likes

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by IyaTola: 8:01pm On May 04, 2023
staga:

All what you wrote as "merits" for the Fed job are all grounds for dismissal as they are against the code of conduct.
In Nigeria?
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Trulydude(m): 8:12pm On May 04, 2023
Walamide:
Op, let's strike a deal.. Hold the lecturing job while I run the multinational job

😂
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by EngrKemp: 9:15pm On May 04, 2023
Pojomojo:
What can you do?
What's your experience?

Project Engineer
QA QC Electrical

Electrical Officer On Rig .

help please

weteckventures@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by dejavuh0007(m): 7:33am On May 05, 2023
IyaTola:
Since it's a Federal Poly, it the best because with 150k gross, having time for yourself cannot be over-emphasized
1. As a Federal lecturer, you can sell hand outs with reckless abandon (profit gotten from handouts can set up a business center, see 5 for further details).
2. Your grades are for the highest bidder especially when you set difficult questions.
3. You have opportunities for the students to do your bidding if you get my drift.
4. You can choose to come to class if you so wish.
5. Students MUST use your shop/business center for their photocopies and project work
6. Unlimited access to ladies skirts
7. Job security is guaranteed because you can falsify your age to prolong your stay in service.

Disadvantage
1. Strikes
2. Inability to send your kids (born and unborn) to private school

However, for private organization and a multinational at that, you have to be at your "A" game every time.
- Target's must be met
- Opportunity to grow in your career path
- Attending courses is a MUST
- Benefit package is rewarding

Demerits
1. Working late's nights to meet targets
2. Travelling a lot
3. Spend little or not time for family
4. No job security because you could be laid off

Conclusions:
Choose multinational over federal ploy because of strike, once you retire, to collect your pension na war
Kindly confirm if the 350k is net or gross

You still posted this exact rubbish u posted on d previous thread. Chai!

2 Likes

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by IyaTola: 8:15am On May 05, 2023
dejavuh0007:

You still posted this exact rubbish u posted on d previous thread. Chai!
Get off my mention.
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Pojomojo: 6:49am On May 14, 2023
EngrKemp:

Project Engineer
QA QC Electrical

Electrical Officer On Rig .

help please

weteckventures@gmail.com

Noted.

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Omooh34(m): 7:13am On May 14, 2023
https:///KXRwrIFODSuKRFXSJiFPUU

Join the above link and let me teach you how to earn in dollars on Primeshare with your smartphone even while sleeping
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Trulydude(m): 7:06pm On Jun 11, 2023
Thank you so much

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian International Bank (a Subsidiary Of Citigroup) Vacancies / 5 Obstacles That Could Be Hindering You From Getting A Job / Firstnation Airways Recruiting 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.