Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,373 members, 7,881,339 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:11 PM

Adam Was Not The First Man Created. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adam Was Not The First Man Created. (2021 Views)

Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. / Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? / Was Man Created Before Satan Rebelled Against God or After? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by ecenter(m): 8:48am On Sep 24, 2011
In Genesis 1:1-2 v 1 ¶ In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (KJV)
v2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. (KJV)

The Bible said that God created Heaven and Earth, perfectly,then the heaven was alright, but the earth was chaotic. It is believed by Biblical Scholars that there had been a world like that of Adam that existed before the creation of Adam. So the creation of the world in Gen 1:3 is called the second creation. The first was marred, that was why the Bible said that the ''Earth was without Form and void''.
Do you believe that? What is your own opinion?
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:13am On Sep 24, 2011
ecenter:

In Genesis 1:1-2 v 1 ¶ In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (KJV)
v2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. (KJV)

The Bible said that God created Heaven and Earth, perfectly,then the heaven was alright, but the earth was chaotic. It is believed by Biblical Scholars that there had been a world like that of Adam that existed before the creation of Adam. So the creation of the world in Gen 1:3 is called the second creation. The first was marred, that was why the Bible said that the ''Earth was without Form and void''.
Do you believe that?

No.

ecenter:

What is your own opinion?

I don't have an opinion what I have is the historical narrative recorded in the creation account:

"In the beginning God created heaven and earth" (Genesis 1:1). Read the rest of the chapter for details. Simples wink
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by Sweetnecta: 4:05pm On Sep 24, 2011
@Olaadegbu; do you believe there is a being known as the genie?

if yes, were they created before man?

if no, give us your reason, evidence and what do the yorubas mean when they say alujanu?
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:37pm On Sep 24, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Olaadegbu; do you believe there is a being known as the genie?

if yes, were they created before man?

I am aware of the existence of demons but that is not what we are talking about, the question is about who the first human being is.

Sweetnecta:

if no, give us your reason, evidence and what do the yorubas mean when they say alujanu?

You can consult your 'holy book' for the historical background of your 'alujanu', I will also consult my Truth book as to who was the first man created.

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned" (Romans 5:12).

We know that Adam was the man referred to here through which sin entered into the world as he was mankind's representative.
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by Sweetnecta: 5:51pm On Sep 24, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^ you lack ability to grasp the truth.

the man who started the thread is better in reasoning than you.

Jinn, is not exactly humans [man].

But Jinns have the same purpose as humans in the creation process.

The lived as a community before Adam was created.

Among them in existence before Adam, was Iblis who became known as Shaytan as he was renamed because of his ever removed from receiving Mercy of God.

the man who started this thread might have been alluding to this fact, hence, his statement that Adam was not the first 'man'.

If would have been better worded as creature on earth having the same purpose as man. The purpose of man is strictly to worship God the Creator.
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:54pm On Sep 24, 2011
OK. I leave you to continue sharing your mythical notes with your fellas.
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by Sweetnecta: 8:05pm On Sep 24, 2011
you water down God Almighty.

you need to check yourself.
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by tpia5: 8:31pm On Sep 24, 2011
What wheel is the op reinventing here?
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:43pm On Sep 24, 2011
^it looks like OP is trying to fit science and evolution into christianity.'

poster, your attempt is a failure. the sizes do not match. tongue
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by Joagbaje(m): 1:34am On Sep 25, 2011
ecenter:

Do you believe that? What is your own opinion?

Yes of course . The original creation was a perfect civilisation, God didn't create the earth void.

Isaiah 45:18
18 For Jehovah created the heavens and earth and put everything in place, and he made the world to be lived in, not to be an empty chaos. . .

The earth was not created chaotic . verse 1 of genesis I suggest a perfect creation, while verse 2 talks of chaotic situation. Which came later. Niv foot note for vese 2 says the earth possibly became void.

The missing link between verse 1and 2 is found in Jeremiah 4:23-26
Jeremiah 4:23-26
23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. 24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. 25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. 26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by his fierce anger.

That perfect world was destroyed when lucifer who was the ruler on the earth rebelled against God. Vs 3 is believed to be  a re creation by many scholars
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by Amujale(m): 1:44pm On Sep 25, 2011
In my opinion Adam wasnt the name given to the first ever being; it merely depends on where you come from. For me the first person to be created can be translated as "The first person ever to be created" this was the name given to that elder.
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:10pm On Sep 25, 2011
"And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul, the last Adam was made a quickening spirit." (1 Corinthians 15:45).

For those who take their authority from the Bible, the verse above would be sufficient for them but for those who have preconceived ideas taken from mythologies are free to do so but at one's own risk.

Adam here is described as the first man, the person who brought sin into the world.  The first Adam made it necessary for the Last Adam (Jesus), to make an atonement for all of Adam's race, and then rise from the dead with the promise of complete redemption for fallen, sinful man and fallen creation.

Those who believe that there was sin, suffering, pain and death before God created Adam are enemies of the gospel of Christ and they may not know it.
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by ecenter(m): 5:46pm On Sep 25, 2011
I have still two scriptures to prove that the The world created in verse 3 of Genesis is the second creation. After the  first creation was marred by the  disobedience of Devil, also known as  Lucifer, God  had to create the second world.The world of Adam.''

I would like us to act maturely over issues like this because nobody is a bundle of knowledge. What am sharing is A Theological facts which only few know about.

However let me use two biblical portions to drive home the point that the world of Adam was not the first world that God created.

1. The first scripture is in the book of Isaiah 45:18: ''For this is the word of the Lord who made the heavens; he is God; the maker and designer of the earth; who made it not to be a waste, but as a living-place for man: I am the Lord, and there is no other''. (BBE)

Here explains why God decided to recreate the chaotic world. His intention of creation is for the earth to be inhabited. Even when the world of Noah sinned because of this intention of God in creating the earth, He preserved the family of Noah and raised another race through them, so that the world would not be empty.

2. Let us see another portion of the Bible in the book of Jeremiah 4:23 ''I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was waste and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.''

What world was this portion talking about if not the world before Adam? There had not been any world without light than the world before Adam.The destruction through flood during the Noahic deluge had light, and was not Chaotic.

Let us look at another verse in the same Jeremiah. 4:25 ''I beheld, and, lo, there was no[b] man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled''.[/b]

Do you really understand what verse 25,said? There was no MAN what man?[/b]Now to answer this question let us look at the Noahic dispensation.When God destroyed with water, God didn't destroy everybody. The destruction by flood in the time of Noah had 8 people who survived the flood. So which world is the Bible referring to that had no man? Of course, the world before Noah.

[b]v 26 ''I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful field was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of Jehovah, [and] before his fierce anger''.

Here again said that All the field and cities were broken down. If you add it to verse 25 which says there is no man you would believe that there had been a world that ever existed before the world of Adam.
[/b]

Flood had been the instruments of destruction. God used it for the first world in Gen 1:2, He also used it for the second world in [b]Gen7: 11 ¶ ''In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, all the fountains of the great deep came bursting through, and the windows of heaven were open; (BBE)

Then latter he promised not to use water to destroy the world again.Gen.9: 11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. (KJV)

If the flood in the time of Noah was the first, God would not have promised not to destroy the world with water again.So there had been a  world that existed  before Adam. That world was managed by Lucifer. so when he rebelled against God he also corrupted the people of that world and led them to sin against God. So the anger of God kindled against them and he had to destroy them with water.
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by aletheia(m): 8:53pm On Sep 25, 2011
@ecenter: this topic has been thrashed several times.

ecenter:

So the creation of the world in Gen 1:3 is called the second creation.
^Show me in the Bible where God called it "the second creation". This is what the Lord God says: (Exo 20:11) [u]For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day[/u]wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The Lord God also says this: (1Ti 1:4) Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

OLAADEGBU:

"And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul, the last Adam was made a quickening spirit." (1 Corinthians 15:45).

Those who believe that there was sin, suffering, pain and death before God created Adam are enemies of the gospel of Christ and they may not know it.
^Thank you my brother. This was exactly the verse that came to mind when considering the OP.
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:36pm On Sep 25, 2011
aletheia:

@ecenter: this topic has been thrashed several times.
^Show me in the Bible where God called it "the second creation". This is what the Lord God says: (Exo 20:11) [u]For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day[/u]wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The Lord God also says this: (1Ti 1:4) Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

^Thank you my brother. This was exactly the verse that came to mind when considering the OP.

You are welcome my brother from another mother. It looks like folks here come to the Bible equipped with 'fables and endless genealogies' which they take as their authority and it seems they are not really interested what the Bible has to say on this subject.
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:38pm On Sep 25, 2011
The Last Adam

"And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit" (I Corinthians 15:45)

In the great "resurrection chapter," Paul is quoting from Genesis 2:7: ". . . and man became a living soul." He also makes it clear that, contrary to the opinion of many liberal theologians, "Adam" was not merely a generic term for humanity in general, specifically indicating that Adam was "the first man." This also refutes the notion that there were any "pre-Adamite men," despite the claims of some who would compromise with evolutionary anthropology.

Just as there was a first Adam, so Jesus Christ was the last Adam. He was not the last man to be born, of course, but He was the second and last man whose body would be directly formed by God, as asserted in the same verse (Genesis 2:7) here cited by Paul. "That holy thing" (Luke 1:35) which Mary received in her womb, was conceived altogether miraculously. "Wherefore when He cometh into the world, He saith . . . a body hast thou prepared me" (Hebrews 10:5). "The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven" (I Corinthians 15:47).

Thus, with neither genetic mutations nor inherent sin in His perfect human body, this last Adam could become "the Lamb of God," whose body was "without blemish and without spot," able therefore to redeem lost men with His "precious blood," and thus to take "away the sin of the world" (I Peter 1:19; John 1:29).

But that is not all. He was also "made a quickening [that is, resurrecting] Spirit." He was "put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit" (I Peter 3:18) and can now give eternal life to all who receive His life. "For as the Father raiseth up the dead . . . even so the Son quickeneth whom He will" (John 5:21). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by Joagbaje(m): 10:23pm On Sep 25, 2011
ecenter:

I have still two scriptures to prove that the The world created in verse 3 of Genesis is the second creation. After the  first creation was marred by the  disobedience of Devil, also known as  Lucifer, God  had to create the second world.The world of Adam.''

If I may contribute to your points. One of the questions that folks who don't believe in the pre adamic world should have asked themselves is. "when did lucifer fall? ,when did he become the devil?. Was it before Adam came or after Adam came.

It is very important to note that lucifer who was an angelic ruler who ruled on earth in a world before Adam came had already fallen before Adam came.

Isaiah 14:12-14
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

the highlighted part shows that there were nations on earth before lucifer fell from being lucifer. He was called lucifer before he became corrupted with pride. And lost his place. He became Satan after his fall .

Ezekiel 28:12-15
12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord God; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. 13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Another question to note is the origin of demons. These were beings who had lost their bodies in the then world. Why do demons desperately want to dwell in human bodies . It is believed that These were the kind human beings who existed in that world and have lost their bodies .

When God created the world in genesis 1:1 , it was a perfect creation. With nations and cities. When lucifer corrupted himself and men on the earth in rebellion, they were destroyed by flood. All the prehistoric animals existed in this world And some fossil evidence were factual. This led to the chaotic situation in verse 2. God didn't create a chaotic world. It became chaotic.
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by wetu: 12:39am On Sep 26, 2011
Clearly, the Lord Jesus Christ did not know these things. These are "higher truths", "revelation knowledge", AMEN!

Mat 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them [size=14pt]at the beginning [/size]made them male and female,
Mat 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
Mat 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

For how long will you reject knowledge and continue to be ignorant? If you believe in that nonsense you have clearly rejected the authority of Jesus Christ:

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by Joagbaje(m): 6:46am On Sep 26, 2011
The flood that destroyed that world was refered to by Peter, 

2 Peter 3:5-8
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

This was not the flood of Noah , when noah's flood is been refered to , the name of Noah is mentioned. And secondly, the flood of Noah did not affect galaxy, but the pre adamite flood affected heavens and the galaxies. hence God has to create stars again. The word heavens does not refer to atmosphere, it refers to starry heavens.

G
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by wetu: 8:15am On Sep 26, 2011
This was not the flood of Noah , when noah's flood is been refered to , the name of Noah is mentioned
Where in the Bible did God say this? That is your "revelation knowlegde", keep it to yourself.

Just because the flood is not mentioned as Noah's flood, then you conclude that there was another flood and other human beings before Adam in direct contradiction of the Bible?

1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

We know that the flood is Noah's flood because it happened after the creation:

2Pe 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Mat 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Tell us how did that world look like without light?

Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Since you are hard of hearing I will have to repeat some scriptures:

2Pe 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

They were saying things continued as they were from the beginning of creation. This is the creation that they know. The creation in Genesis. And that is why the scripture says they are ignorant. Ignorance is not knowing what you ought to know:

2Pe 3:5 For this they [size=14pt]willingly[/size] are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

This ones are not only ignorant but willingly. The flood we are talking about here is not some secret knowledge given only by "revelation". It's something they ought to know but they are ignorant. It's not the destruction of some secret world which neither Moses nor the Lord Jesus Christ revealed.

Joagbaje, you must refrain from teaching false doctrine:

Jas 3:1 Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:02pm On Sep 26, 2011
ecenter:

I would like us to act maturely over issues like this because nobody is a bundle of knowledge. What am sharing is A Theological facts which only few know about.

However let me use two biblical portions to drive home the point that the world of Adam was not the first world that God created.

1. The first scripture is in the book of Isaiah 45:18: ''For this is the word of the Lord who made the heavens; he is God; the maker and designer of the earth; who made it not to be a waste, but as a living-place for man: I am the Lord, and there is no other''. (BBE)

Here explains why God decided to recreate the chaotic world. His intention of creation is for the earth to be inhabited. Even when the world of Noah sinned because of this intention of God in creating the earth, He preserved the family of Noah and raised another race through them, so that the world would not be empty.

Where did God say that He recreated the world in this verse?  All I can see here is His purpose for creating the world.

ecenter:

2. Let us see another portion of the Bible in the book of Jeremiah 4:23 ''I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was [b]waste and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.''[/b]

What world was this portion talking about if not the world before Adam? There had not been any world without light than the world before Adam.The destruction through flood during the Noahic deluge had light, and was not Chaotic.

Before God said "Let there be light" the earth was without form and void.  And it was at that state that Jeremiah was alluding to.  The word there is tohu and bohu, meaning formless and void or rather unformed and unfilled.  This was the original state of creation.  Jeremiah, a prophet of God used verbal allusion to describe the extent of God's judgment to come.  He alluded to the completeness of God's judgment that it will be like the earth when it was formless and empty at the beginning of God's creation.  Jeremiah was not commenting or interpreting on the meaning of creation at the beginning.  This is a quote from a theologian by the name Robert Chisholm, Jr:

"By the way, allusion only works one way.  It is unwarranted to assume that Jeremiah's use of the phrase in a context of judgment implies some sort of judgment in the context of Genesis 1:2"   

ecenter:

Let us look at another verse in the same Jeremiah. 4:25 ''I beheld, and, lo, there was no[b] man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled''.[/b]

Do you really understand what verse 25,said? There was no MAN what [b]man?[/b]Now to answer this question let us look at the Noahic dispensation.When God destroyed with water, God didn't destroy everybody. The destruction by flood in the time of Noah had 8 people who survived the flood. So which world is the Bible referring to that had no man? Of course, the world before Noah.

What do prophets do?  They see into the future.  They use the past or present to allude to what is going to happen in the future.  Here is what Peter said is going to happen in the future:

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up" (2 Peter 3:10).

You can see Peter here alluding to the global Flood when prophesying about the judgment to come.  Even Enoch, who was the '7th person' from Adam saw and prophesied about these things also.

ecenter:

v 26 ''I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful field was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of Jehovah, [and] before his fierce anger''.
Here again said that All the field and cities were broken down. If you add it to verse 25 which says there is no man you would believe that there had been a world that ever existed before the world of Adam.
[/b]

Jeremiah prophesied of the coming waves of invasion and destruction by the armies of Babylon would also be punctuated with earthquakes and storms (Jeremiah 4:28), finally leaving the land desolate.

There was no world before what God created in Genesis chapter 1.  You should try and read the Scriptures plainly using the grammatical rules.  You should acknowledge the grammatical connection between Genesis 1:1 and 2.  Genesis 1:2 is a description of the state of the originally created earth stated in Genesis 1:1.  It says in verse 2,

"And the earth was without form and void"   

So when you read these verses in a literal way you will see verse 1 as a subject and verb clause, while verse 2 will be seen as containing 3 statements that further describe the circumstances introduced by the principal clause in verse 1.

ecenter:

Flood had been the instruments of destruction. God used it for the first world in Gen 1:2, He also used it for the second world in [b]Gen7: 11 ¶ ''In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, all the fountains of the great deep came bursting through, and the windows of heaven were open; (BBE)

First world ko, second world war ni.

ecenter:

Then latter he promised not to use water to destroy the world again.Gen.9: 11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. (KJV)

If the flood in the time of Noah was the first, God would not have promised not to destroy the world with water again.So there had been a  world that existed  before Adam. That world was managed by Lucifer. so when he rebelled against God he also corrupted the people of that world and led them to sin against God. So the anger of God kindled against them and he had to destroy them with water.

Why don't you show us where this 'Lucifer's flood' (that Jesus' had no knowledge of) is in the Bible?

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v5/n4/closing-gap//
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by Enigma(m): 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2011
wetu:

Joagbaje, you must refrain from teaching false doctrine . . . .

That will be the day! wink
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:03pm On Sep 26, 2011
Joagbaje:

If I may contribute to your points. One of the questions that folks who don't believe in the pre adamic world should have asked themselves is. "when did lucifer fall? ,when did he become the devil?. Was it before Adam came or after Adam came.

It is very important to note that lucifer who was an angelic ruler who ruled on earth in a world before Adam came had already fallen before Adam came.

Isaiah 14:12-14
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

the highlighted part shows that there were nations on earth before lucifer fell from being lucifer. He was called lucifer before he became corrupted with pride. And lost his place. He became Satan after his fall .

If you get Genesis 1:1 wrong you will get many doctrines wrong because most doctrines of the Bible if not all emanates from the book of Genesis, especially chapters 1-11.  In chapter 1 you will find that God created the heaven and earth in 6 literal days and He said that what He created was very good (Genesis 1:31).  So satan's fall could only have happened after God's creation week.  Isaiah, in the verse you quoted here was prophesying about a Babylonian king and alluded his fall with that of satan.

Joagbaje:

Ezekiel 28:12-15
12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord God; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. 13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Here Ezekiel is prophesying about king of Tyrus and ended up comparing him to satan.  The garden of Eden state here in my opinion was the same garden where Adam and Eve were located, and we must note that after the fall of Adam and Eve the created cherubs kept them from entering this garden.

Joagbaje:

Another question to note is the origin of demons. These were beings who had lost their bodies in the then world. Why do demons desperately want to dwell in human bodies . It is believed that These were the kind human beings who existed in that world and have lost their bodies .

When God created the world in genesis 1:1 , it was a perfect creation. With nations and cities. When lucifer corrupted himself and men on the earth in rebellion, they were destroyed by flood. All the prehistoric animals existed in this world And some fossil evidence were factual. This led to the chaotic situation in verse 2. God didn't create a chaotic world. It became chaotic.

This fable explains why you try to compromise long ages into the creation account thinking that sinful, fallible scientists were right when they assumed that the rocks and fossils were millions and billions of years old.  Now that real scientists have discovered that the earth is only about 6,000 years how will you make a U-turn knowing that you have sold your 'souls' to the uniformitarians.
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by wetu: 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2011
. It is believed that These were the kind human beings who existed in that world and have lost their bodies .
Those are the words of a man who has rejected what the Bible says and therefore has rejected the authority of Jesus Christ.
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by Joagbaje(m): 10:29pm On Sep 26, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

satan's fall could only have happened after God's creation week. 

Satan was a fallen villain before the creation of Adam. Satan was not in the image of God. This new man whom God cretated was made in the image of God. Satan tricked him to fall and by that he gained authority on the earth once again.

This fable explains why you try to compromise long ages into the creation account thinking that sinful, fallible scientists were right when they assumed that the rocks and fossils were millions and billions of years old.  Now that real scientists have discovered that the earth is only about 6,000 years how will you make a U-turn knowing that you have sold your 'souls' to the uniformitarians.

Science didn't say the earth was 6000years old. Can I have a link ?
Re: Adam Was Not The First Man Created. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:45am On Sep 27, 2011
Joagbaje:

Satan was a fallen villain before the creation of Adam.

This is your assertion which is not supported by scripture.

Joagbaje:

Satan was not in the image of God.

Only Adam and Eve were created in the image of God.

Joagbaje:

This new man whom God cretated was made in the image of God.

If you mean Adam was recreated as a new man, this must be a higher revelation that neither Jesus nor Paul was aware of (as wetu has observed).

Paul by revelation and quoting Genesis 2:7 said the following:

"And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45).

Jesus also taught that "from the beginning of the creation" God "made them male and female" (Mark 10:6).  Jesus made it clear that Adam and Eve existed "from the beginning" and not from billions of years after the beginning. 

Joagbaje:

Satan tricked him to fall and by that he gained authority on the earth once again.

Science has now become an authority over the Scriptures.

Joagbaje:

Science didn't say the earth was 6000years old. Can I have a link ?

Neither did God say that for if He did it would be outdated the following year.  What God gave us is a record of the earth's birthday so that we can calculate how old it is.  Below are a couple of links showing how scientists who have the Scriptures as their authority arrived at their calculation.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/does-c14-disprove-the-bible
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/does-radiometric-dating-prove
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2007/05/30/how-old-is-earth
http://www.creationworldview.org/articles_view.asp?id=1
http://creation.com/young-age-of-the-earth-universe-qa

(1) (Reply)

Pls. Wen Was The First Time A Nigerian President Attended Holy Ghost Service In Redemption Camp? / Prophet Muhammad In Bible / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 24/07/15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.