Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,306 members, 7,943,722 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 11:00 PM

Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It (17913 Views)

Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative / Man Shares His Experience With iPhone 11 He Bought For N17k / How To Run Twitter And Instagram Ads For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by Cromagnon: 2:15pm On May 02, 2023
deeway200:
Or after you sold it. Had you been a good manager yourself , you should have established another one that will gain ground

You think unicorns are easy to establish
First mover is not easy to compete with o
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 02, 2023
Beverlyjean:
But u sold it to him

Anyone will sell at that price, even Jeff Bezos will sell at that price.

The price was extremely inflated to deter him, but he fell into it. Twitter is not even half the price he bought it.

And come to think of it, Twitter acquisition had great adverse impact on Tesla shares, so the deal was not all worth it.

And it’s just a matter of time for TikTok to drown Twitter. FB and Instagram almost dead. Most company will definitely be taking adverts to Tiktok
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by Cromagnon: 2:16pm On May 02, 2023
Onliie:
Jack Dorsey, you want to eat your cake and have it
You have no business creating a Twitter look-alike after collecting 40 billion USD
Why not
Freedom of create
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by Cromagnon: 2:18pm On May 02, 2023
Ibime:

No political platform is worth $44bln

Twitter has been overpoliticised
This is why it's worth 44 billion
It determines who will control a 60 trillion dollar world

. 95% of users just want to catch cruise and follow other things.
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 02, 2023
DrAda:
Is he allowed to make such comments? If Jack had handled twitter excellently, why then did he sell?

Why can't people just shut up when the need arises?

You do not know how business works at all...jack cashed out from selling Twitter that is why elon is trying to recover the money by whatever means after his space x crashed.

So its elon musk's loss not jack..as we speak he will do better with blue sky because most people cant keep up with elon musk's policy

Have you not noticed that Twitter has become rubbish? Imagine idiots buying verification tick what will now be significant if everyone has it?
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 02, 2023
Onliie:
Jack Dorsey, you want to eat your cake and have it
You have no business creating a Twitter look-alike after collecting 40 billion USD

Dude is building another one with hope that he will see another mugu that will buy for 40 billion. That was a massive cash out for a a Twitter that’s not worth half that price.
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by sprints1: 2:59pm On May 02, 2023
MoDaniel:
Elon Musk is not a good boss.
Since he took control of Twitter, Elon Musk has put the company's workers through a great deal of pain and uncertainty through the series of sacking.
Also, his recent $8 monthly pay for blue tick is not good for a social media platform he said will be for 'free speech.'
he is not a good father too doesn't relate with his own children only cares about traveling to mars and build a Stupid AI that will Damage the world especially that is stupid neuralink idea. The guy is psycho. If he is not getting results everybody under him no go rest. Can somebori tell jack Dorsey to go and marry and get a kid instead of carry small Toto about. That will help him and stop blabbing about Elon Musk
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by DrAda(f): 3:54pm On May 02, 2023
Rayban25:

You do not know how business works at all...jack cashed out from selling Twitter that is why elon is trying to recover the money by whatever means after his space x crashed.

So its elon musk's loss not jack..as we speak he will do better with blue sky because most people cant keep up with elon musk's policy

Have you not noticed that Twitter has become rubbish? Imagine idiots buying verification tick what will now be significant if everyone has it?

Spare me the sermon please. There should be some honor among thieves. Jack is just being an arrogant prick. The least he can do is to shut the hell up especially since there is a glaring conflict of interest.
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 02, 2023
DrAda:

Spare me the sermon please. There should be some at least some honor among thieves. Jack is just being an arrogant prick. The least he can do is to shut the hell up especially since there is a glaring conflict of interest.

You're getting worked up for nothing..he hasn't legally done anything wrong for trying to sell his market the way he chooses.

And there is no thievery here...elon knew the price yet went ahead to buy it so rest.
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by DrAda(f): 4:07pm On May 02, 2023
Rayban25:

You're getting worked up for nothing..he hasn't legally done anything wrong for trying to sell his market the way he chooses.

And there is no thievery here...elon knew the price yet went ahead to buy it so rest.

It seems that i am once again burdened with nairaland users who fail to see beyond their unoriginal thoughts. What a shame

If i sell a product to you and then turn around to tell people that the same product is now defective because of your incompetence, whilst working on something similar and hoping to attract your users, does that seem like i am acting in good faith?

I took the liberty of asking chatgpt to analyze this from a legal standpoint and this was its answer:

"From a legal standpoint, if you sell a product to someone and then make false statements about the product's quality or functionality, that could potentially be considered fraud or misrepresentation. This is particularly true if you make these statements with the intention of diverting business to your own similar product and harming the reputation or financial interests of the buyer.

In general, making false statements about a product with the intent to deceive or harm others is not acting in good faith and could result in legal liability. It's important to be truthful and transparent in all business dealings to avoid potential legal consequences."

If you still insist on sticking to your guns, so be it but i will not entertain you any longer. It's simply not worth my time
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 02, 2023
DrAda:

It seems that i am once again burdened with users who fail to see beyond their unoriginal thoughts. What a shame

If i sell a product to you and then turn around to tell people that the same product is now defective because of my incompetence, whilst working on something similar. Does that seem like i am acting in good faith?

I took the liberty of asking chatgpt to analyze this from a legal standpoint and this was its answer:

"From a legal standpoint, if you sell a product to someone and then make false statements about the product's quality or functionality, that could potentially be considered fraud or misrepresentation. This is particularly true if you make these statements with the intention of diverting business to your own similar product and harming the reputation or financial interests of the buyer.

In general, making false statements about a product with the intent to deceive or harm others is not acting in good faith and could result in legal liability. It's important to be truthful and transparent in all business dealings to avoid potential legal consequences."

If you still insist of sticking to your guns. So be it but i will not entertain you any longer. It's simply not worth my time

If you think I'll read all your jargons you must be deluded then..if you dont like what he said feel free to go to court and stop crying everywhere
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by DrAda(f): 4:11pm On May 02, 2023
Rayban25:

If you think I'll read all your jargons you must be deluded then..if you dont like what he said feel free to go to court and stop crying everywhere

Typical. Cretins running amok on nairaland and resorting to insults whenever they are backed to a corner. Nothing new i suppose. I wish you well in your journey
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by Beverlyjean(f): 5:33pm On May 02, 2023
SARSCoV2:

Anyone will sell at that price, even Jeff Bezos will sell at that price.

The price was extremely inflated to deter him, but he fell into it. Twitter is not even half the price he bought it.

And come to think of it, Twitter acquisition had great adverse impact on Tesla shares, so the deal was not all worth it.

And it’s just a matter of time for TikTok to drown Twitter. FB and Instagram almost dead. Most company will definitely be taking adverts to Tiktok

How can Tiktok driwn twitter....they don't even offer the same service.... Twitter can never die ...its first and only of its kind .... Twitter is like Coca-Cola, any other imitation is a counterfeit... Tiktok is for kids .... Twitter is for serious people
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 02, 2023
Beverlyjean:

How can Tiktok driwn twitter....they don't even offer the same service.... Twitter can never die ...its first and only of its kind .... Twitter is like Coca-Cola, any other imitation is a counterfeit... Tiktok is for kids .... Twitter is for serious people

I am amazed you still underrating TikTok in May 2023.

It’s a matter of time. Let’s watch the movie
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by ElijahIme1992(m): 6:09pm On May 02, 2023
Rayban25:

who are u to call somebody an idiot for buying a verification tick?
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 02, 2023
ElijahIme1992:
who are u to call somebody an idiot for buying a verification tick?

Its not new that there are many idiots on Twitter...if you yourself dont know that then you are most likely an...
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by helicoptarr: 8:41pm On May 02, 2023
drips8:
Jack Dorsey is trying to get new users for Bluesky.

Whether Elon Musk ruined Twitter depends on the person, The Democrats and Left wing people hate Twitter and the Republicans and Right wing people are loving Twitter.

You cracked it.

We know those behind Dorsey's current move. It's all about the next election.
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by maasoap(m): 9:06pm On May 02, 2023
Hambivert:
For the amount of time Jack Dorsey led Twitter, Twitter never declared profits. Of all the ideas in the world, Jack decided to have an exact Twitter copy. Talk about being bereft of ideas.

Elon Musk's strategy in re-positioning Twitter and giving him financial succour to his lavish purchase may be controversial, but I think it is a step in a right direction.

Elon overtime have proven why he is Elon irrespective of what naysayers opine. He transformed Tesla, Space X, and floated the Boring Company that would be sparogatively important when countries begin to invest in the Hyper loop transport system. He has a passion for Twitter, and for me passion with the right resources is all it takes to succeed.
In the future, I think Elon may handover the day to day running of Twitter to someone else, but this time is for stabilization and setting it up for profitable growth.

You can hype him as much as you want, everyone knows that things went to south for Musk after the take over of twitter.
May be you didn't even understand what Dorsey was saying. He wasn't talking about twitter alone, he was talking about Musk's overall investments.
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by maasoap(m): 9:12pm On May 02, 2023
DrAda:
Is he allowed to make such comments?
He was asked and gave his opinion. Or, no more freedom of expression?

If Jack had handled twitter excellently, why then did he sell?

People sell flourishing business at the right time and right price. What did you think twitter worth in the beginning?

Why can't people just shut up when the need arises?
He answered questions directed at him. Why are you so angry?
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by JustforMen: 3:14am On May 03, 2023
Hambivert:
For the amount of time Jack Dorsey led Twitter, Twitter never declared profits. Of all the ideas in the world, Jack decided to have an exact Twitter copy. Talk about being bereft of ideas.

Elon Musk's strategy in re-positioning Twitter and giving him financial succour to his lavish purchase may be controversial, but I think it is a step in a right direction.

Elon overtime have proven why he is Elon irrespective of what naysayers opine. He transformed Tesla, Space X, and floated the Boring Company that would be sparogatively important when countries begin to invest in the Hyper loop transport system. He has a passion for Twitter, and for me passion with the right resources is all it takes to succeed.
In the future, I think Elon may handover the day to day running of Twitter to someone else, but this time is for stabilization and setting it up for profitable growth.

You are completely right!
Twitter had only 4months to bankruptcy when Elin bought it and in Q2 2023, the company is on its way to being cash flow positive for the first time in more than 10yrs.

Elon removed 80% of the staff that were mainly dead wood and Twitter is doing great as a company especially in its economics.

Daisy should go and dose jare!
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by ElijahIme1992(m): 7:56am On May 03, 2023
Rayban25:

Its not new that there are many idiots on Twitter...if you yourself dont know that then you are most likely an...
looooool and u are not among?
Re: Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It by Fantazy(m): 10:11am On May 03, 2023
This is not just a comedy but a lesson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT3R1RetXdI

Please SUBSCRIBE to my channel

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? / How To Get MTN 756MB Worth Of Data 100% Free Of Charge / Pictures From TECNO Camon 11 University Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.