Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,924 members, 7,969,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 02:57 PM

Want To Create A Chat App Almost Like Whatsapp - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Want To Create A Chat App Almost Like Whatsapp (466 Views)

Hello Nairalanders, Please Help Me Find Bugs In This Ebook/chat App. / Can An App Like Whatsapp Be Built In Nigeria And How Much Will It Cost / Chatme, A Chat Messenger Application Develop By Nigerian Programmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Create A Chat App Almost Like Whatsapp by dbamiroyahoocom(m): 6:42pm On May 02, 2023
Hi

I am looking for someone who has created a Chat App/Messenger App before (Must be currently on atleast Google Play Store).

I plan to deploy for iOS, Android and Desktop (iOS and Windows). If native an issue for desktop, we can use a Web App.

This will require slight modifications as I intend to serve a different market.

Features though must be very close to Whatsapp in terms of basic functionalities.

Contact me here if interested/capable. No optimistic proposals please.

Partnership options also being considered in the business.

thanks

Dami
Re: Want To Create A Chat App Almost Like Whatsapp by airsaylongcome: 9:53pm On May 02, 2023
This is a formidable task o. The mobile app isn't the only part that you need to think about. There server infrastructure for something like this is going to cost a very tidy sum. I know one person who tried this using the entire Signal app codebase. It is damned expensive
Re: Want To Create A Chat App Almost Like Whatsapp by truthCoder: 8:38am On May 03, 2023
airsaylongcome:
This is a formidable task o. The mobile app isn't the only part that you need to think about. There server infrastructure for something like this is going to cost a very tidy sum. I know one person who tried this using the entire Signal app codebase. It is damned expensive

Signal is decentralized and unnecessary.

There are three main considerations:
Database: Three DBs recommended. First is a redis cache for current messages. Messages that have been delivered to the recipient’s device are moved to a low latency, affordable and document based DB like MongoDB, Firestore and Amazon’s document DB. User immutable data are stored in a separate cheaper archive DB. All DBs are synced together to make retrievals seamless. For backups, we simply use the Google drive API.
Compute: message encryption and decryption is resource heavy. I would suggest using the user’s device for this instead of handling it from the server side. Its even a good selling point.
Webhooks: This is critical for instant app states (typing, delivered, read etc). The alternative of using timeout is extremely expensive, a sign of inexperience and not worthwhile. Good webhooks integration with a lean state manager.

With these 3 sorted, it can be built cheaply. If the OP has at least $1000 for my fees, he can DM. i will deliver an app close to WhatsApp with a backend on AWS or GCP for easy scalability.

If the OP is the generic ‘i have N50,000’ that abound on Nairaland, he can take my free points and look for someone who will build it for him.

2 Likes

Re: Want To Create A Chat App Almost Like Whatsapp by WebOracle: 1:39am On May 04, 2023
I can definitely build this but I don't have such app on playstore though I can bet with my full chest that I can build this and ready to meet you in person only if you're in Lagos.

Please Whatsapp 081 2393 8538
Re: Want To Create A Chat App Almost Like Whatsapp by codesngr(m): 7:39am On May 04, 2023
I don’t need to talk much, just check my profile for previous jobs , one of my app is currently No 1 on Applestore fintech, I have worked with few banks in Nigeria as well. Hit my dm , let’s discuss business 🤝
Re: Want To Create A Chat App Almost Like Whatsapp by shegzhkn: 10:10am On May 04, 2023
truthCoder:

Signal is decentralized and unnecessary.

There are three main considerations:
Database: Three DBs recommended. First is a redis cache for current messages. Messages that have been delivered to the recipient’s device are moved to a low latency, affordable and document based DB like MongoDB, Firestore and Amazon’s document DB. User immutable data are stored in a separate cheaper archive DB. All DBs are synced together to make retrievals seamless. For backups, we simply use the Google drive API.
Compute: message encryption and decryption is resource heavy. I would suggest using the user’s device for this instead of handling it from the server side. Its even a good selling point.
Webhooks: This is critical for instant app states (typing, delivered, read etc). The alternative of using timeout is extremely expensive, a sign of inexperience and not worthwhile. Good webhooks integration with a lean state manager.

With these 3 sorted, it can be built cheaply. If the OP has at least $1000 for my fees, he can DM. i will deliver an app close to WhatsApp with a backend on AWS or GCP for easy scalability.

If the OP is the generic ‘i have N50,000’ that abound on Nairaland, he can take my free points and look for someone who will build it for him.

For the frontend are you gonna build natively or go cross platform and for backend system what would you use for that ??
Re: Want To Create A Chat App Almost Like Whatsapp by Webrist: 10:25am On May 04, 2023
I'm a professional web developer with experiences.
I can create a website for the chat app
Re: Want To Create A Chat App Almost Like Whatsapp by truthCoder: 10:38am On May 04, 2023
shegzhkn:

For the frontend are you gonna build natively or go cross platform and for backend system what would you use for that ??

Cross platform.

Flutter and Node.js.
Re: Want To Create A Chat App Almost Like Whatsapp by shegzhkn: 10:39am On May 04, 2023
truthCoder:

Cross platform.

Flutter and Node.js.

You work with JS, I was thinking Django for the backend.
Re: Want To Create A Chat App Almost Like Whatsapp by truthCoder: 10:42am On May 04, 2023
shegzhkn:

You work with JS, I was thinking Django for the backend.
Typescript actually. Fully typed with proper definitions. I dont write production codes in js.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Help Needed, How Can I Recover My Gmail Account / I Cn Open Lynda Premium Account 4 U 2 Learn New Skills Online & Get Certificate / Distress Sale: Udemy Account For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.