Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,662 members, 7,979,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 03:42 AM

Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. (24419 Views)

10 Differences Between Loving Someone And Being In Love With Someone / The Pain Of Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back / Loving Someone That Doesn't Love You Back, But See Each Other everyday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by Formularcr7: 7:20pm On May 04, 2023
ManWater:

I love my wife ✔️
I am in love with my wife ✔️
I love my daughter ✔️
I am in love with my daughter ❌

Being in love implies & includes erotic feelings.
So your friend has partially or completely lost erotic feelings for his wife.

you nailed it, good reference

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by EUGENEINYANG(m): 7:21pm On May 04, 2023
Very correct 👏👏👏
Samantha124:
Being in love has to do with feelings, but loving someone has to do with actions.

For example, maybe you love the person simply because he or she has been nice to you, or because he or she has done some nice things for you.

But when you're in love, you do things based on your heart, you become blinded by love, you end up doing things you didn't think you could because you're in love.
Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by Majesty33(m): 7:22pm On May 04, 2023
uncleck:
They mean the same thing no matter how you want to twist it. Don't complicate things for yourself. I love Okro soup. I'm in love with Okro soup
It doesn't implies to object rather human feelings so it's different.
Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 04, 2023
Joe Goldberg was married to Love Quinn, he loved her, but he wasn't in love with her. He was in love with Marienne Bellamy. You get it? If you don't watch You. smiley

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by Starz825(m): 7:28pm On May 04, 2023
being in love is falling in love .....this person is almost everything to you...you love them with everything....infact ....you don't wanna see them with anybody else...this kind of love is always very toxic....you feel insecure in this kind

To love someone.....is just to continually care for someone....could be friends, children, family...this one isn't toxic...this is the kind of love redpill recommends...its less toxic...

However, it's necessary to know that you can love people without having to fall in love with them....

4 Likes

Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by Lojical1: 7:43pm On May 04, 2023
It's just a okay on words. They are same.
Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by sync(f): 7:48pm On May 04, 2023
I wonder why you did not clarify that with your friend to know the difference, you come de disturb person for here
Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by baralatie(m): 7:50pm On May 04, 2023
Is this a jamb or wwec question
Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by Lamanii22(f): 8:08pm On May 04, 2023
Being in love is loving for no reason while loving someone is when you like something about that person

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by Popesuccess(m): 8:10pm On May 04, 2023
socialmediaman:

Loving someone means that you love who they are as a person and you care about them, but being in love with them means that who they are a person is enough to make you feel good want to be relationship with them. Notice the bolded. it's about feelings.

For example. You love someone because they have qualities that you care about and connect with, like God fearing, faithful, good mother to your kids etc, but because they don't understand who you are or validate your feelings or motivate you to be a better person, you may not be in love with them because they don't meet your emotional needs.
I like this your point.
Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by Jecint: 8:46pm On May 04, 2023
Popesuccess:
I want know the difference because there is this friend of mine that says he loves his wife but he is not in love with her. Is there any difference between the two?
This might mean he likes the idea of her being his wife, perhaps her beauty or character or commitment or what other reasons. He's definitely ready to provide for her and play the role of a husband. But she doesn't cause him to have butterflies in the stomach or that childish joy of being in love.
Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by Popesuccess(m): 8:53pm On May 04, 2023
sync:
I wonder why you did not clarify that with your friend to know the difference, you come de disturb person for here
Me too Confuse, that is why i want you guys to help me clear my Confusing
Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by EBEk101(m): 8:59pm On May 04, 2023
This a case of the flesh wants her but the spirit doesn’t grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by EBEk101(m): 9:01pm On May 04, 2023
Hezzyluv:
He loves his wife possibly the sex, her shape or even her voice.

Not being in love with his wife, he can never be obsessed about her. He cannot come and go and kill himself for her. grin

This a case of the flesh wants her but the spirit doesn’t grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by EBEk101(m): 9:02pm On May 04, 2023
Hezzyluv:
He loves his wife possibly the sex, her shape or even her voice.

Not being in love with his wife, he can never be obsessed about her. He cannot come and go and kill himself for her. grin

Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by Goalnaldo(m): 9:12pm On May 04, 2023
I had to look at the moniker righttoreject again to confirm its not pansophist. Lol, even pansophist's reply is not far away from his.
Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by macho44(m): 9:12pm On May 04, 2023
Popesuccess:
I want know the difference because there is this friend of mine that says he loves his wife but he is not in love with her. Is there any difference between the two?
This friend of yours, abi na you🤗.
Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by Blevistell: 9:23pm On May 04, 2023
Confusion at its peak
Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by Abid2020(m): 9:37pm On May 04, 2023
Yes, there is a difference between loving someone and being in love with someone.

Loving someone is a feeling of affection, care, and concern for someone. It can be based on shared experiences, values, and mutual respect. Loving someone can come in many forms, including familial love, platonic love, and romantic love.

Being in love with someone, on the other hand, is an intense and passionate feeling that often includes romantic attraction and a desire for intimacy and commitment. Being in love typically involves a heightened emotional and physical connection with the other person.

While both loving someone and being in love with someone can involve strong emotions and a deep connection with the other person, the key difference is the intensity and nature of those emotions. Loving someone can be a more stable and long-lasting feeling, while being in love can be more intense and fleeting.

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by Davies25: 9:39pm On May 04, 2023
Ameoba300:

grin grin grin Blink twice if you are ok grin grin grin
Oga, to be in love is pains, tears and blood.
Ah Don leave am for una

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by pansophist(m): 9:44pm On May 04, 2023
Goalnaldo:
I had to look at the moniker righttoreject again to confirm its not pansophist. Lol, even pansophist's reply is not far away from his.

Truth is one.

Different preachers may say it in different ways, but at the end, it's the same. Righttoreject decorate him own with grammar, skillfully making it not understandable to dumb people.

But he is right. We are saying the same thing. Just that as a refined tout, I like to write in a way that even an almajiri will understand.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by Goalnaldo(m): 9:52pm On May 04, 2023
pansophist:

Truth is one.

Different preachers may say it in different ways, but at the end, it's the same. Righttoreject decorate him own with grammar, skillfully making it not understandable to dumb people.

But he is right. We are saying the same thing. Just that as a refined tout, I like to write in a way that even an almajiri will understand.

your evolution is amazing, you use to write like that too. I understand you are knowledgeable but i use to struggle to understand some of the things you say in my early days of following you. And yes, both of you arrived at the same conclusion.
Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by pansophist(m): 10:00pm On May 04, 2023
Goalnaldo:
your evolution is amazing, you use to write like that too. I understand you are knowledgeable but i use to struggle to understand some of the things you say in my early days of following you. And yes, both of you arrived at the same conclusion.

But sometimes you can't help it. There are things that only big grammars can explain. Pidgin English, as well as Nigerian languages are very limited in vocabulary, hence the scope of intellectual branch will be limited to anyone that speaks only pidgin.

And if you start learning a new language like Chinese or Russian, then you'll see that English is very limited in some expressions. There are words that I can say in other languages, but can't say it in English.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by Freeko4: 10:14pm On May 04, 2023
Interesting discuss
Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by Adexbal009(m): 10:44pm On May 04, 2023
It's like saying " it's better to kill yourself than commit suicide". Where is the difference?
Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by Joshkid(m): 11:21pm On May 04, 2023
Samantha124:
Being in love has to do with feelings, but loving someone has to do with actions.

For example, maybe you love the person simply because he or she has been nice to you, or because he or she has done some nice things for you.

But when you're in love, you do things based on your heart, you become blinded by love, you end up doing things you didn't think you could because you're in love.
Spot On cheesy
Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by ceeceeuwa: 11:33pm On May 04, 2023
Popesuccess:
It means he is not into her. You know that butterflies feeling in your stomach when you think of that very one is missing in Your friends case 😥
Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by Fstar1: 12:36am On May 05, 2023
Samantha124:

You explained it well ma'am.
Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by ablejesus26(m): 12:36am On May 05, 2023
One is a Process,the other is a State.
If you are going to marry ensue
ensure to make it a State before saying I DO.
If you are not ready to marry and carry another SPIRIT JOUNRNEY,JOIN YOUR OWN SPIRIT JOURNEY.No let anybody pressure you carry load wey you never dey ready to carry.
You might not survive the weight nd hit of the PROCESS.
Thinking dey kill man oo.
Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by ablejesus26(m): 12:36am On May 05, 2023
One is a Process,the other is a State.
If you are going to marry ensue
ensure to make it a State before saying I DO.
If you are not ready to marry and carry another SPIRIT JOUNRNEY,JOIN YOUR OWN SPIRIT JOURNEY.No let anybody pressure you carry load wey you never dey ready to carry.
You might not survive the weight nd hit of the PROCESS.
Thinking dey kill man oo.
Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by harmony75: 3:47am On May 05, 2023
lOve is not complicated in marriage now 🤷‍♂️ it is either he loves his wife or he does not love her so please this is he's own cup of complicated love don't use it to disturb our brain it's so unnecessary!
Re: Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. by S0PH: 4:10am On May 05, 2023
His love for her is not romantically inclined. He loves her as a person but not as a wife / romantic partner

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Massive Bum Bum: Pretty Lady Twerk In See Through Pant In The Toilet(pics&video) / Zenayia / Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.