Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,613 members, 7,888,960 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:18 PM

On Marrying Younger Ladies - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On Marrying Younger Ladies (4547 Views)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Dating Or Marrying Younger Women / Foreign Lady Gives Her Fellow Ladies 5 Tips On Marrying A Nigerian Man (Video / Why Are Younger Ladies Marrying Old Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Marrying Younger Ladies by Straybullet: 11:56am On May 05, 2023
One lady has been hyperventilating on Facebook.

Her grouse is that men above 35 shouldn't date girls 19 or below.

Should we tell her?

Maybe we should.

I wl never advise any man seeking a marriage that would bear children to marry any lady older than 25. And quite honestly the younger the better, barring child abuse age.

My opinion.

Reason: I'm an MBBS and in my line of work I see numerous ladies... and... I've done an informal survey: If I scan 10 ladies 26 and above at least 5 to 6 of them would have fibroids.

This is the hard truth that needs to be told. Raw sex plus emergency contraceptives like postinor is creating a whole new subset of early uterine fibroid sufferers .

I swear it.

So what are you doing with that demographic only to start disturbing people for prayers

If children are not on your mind then, this may not apply to you. Otherwise, it's the new reality upon us, many more of our younger ladies are suffering from this ailment than our parents generation had.

So the Facebook lady shouldn't blame men. Many of us only marry for reproduction purposes and the dynamic now has absolutely changed.

Thank you.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Nawttiboi007(m): 12:05pm On May 05, 2023
Ah.. you want to put evening newspapers into depression abi is that ur plan?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by mymadam(m): 12:11pm On May 05, 2023
Nawttiboi007:
No mind am jare. Dem dey come 4 im head soon, very soon πŸƒπŸƒπŸƒ

6 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Straybullet: 12:22pm On May 05, 2023
Nawttiboi007:

cheesy

Just saying reality

3 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Straybullet: 12:22pm On May 05, 2023
mymadam:

No mind am jare. Dem dey come 4 im head soon, very soon πŸƒπŸƒπŸƒ

I'm wearing a helmet already ⛑️

1 Like

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Straybullet: 12:24pm On May 05, 2023
But where is IyaebeTheGreat, pocahontas, grin

8 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Hopemanfx: 12:27pm On May 05, 2023
Straybullet:

Should we tell her?

Maybe we should.

I wl never advise any man seeking a marriage that would bear children to marry any lady older than 25. And quite honestly the younger the better, barring child abuse age.

My opinion.

Reason: I'm an MBBS and in my line of work I see numerous ladies... and... I've done an informal survey: If I scan 10 ladies 26 and above at least 5 to 6 of them would have fibroids.

This is the hard truth that needs to be told. Raw sex plus emergency contraceptives like postinor is creating a whole new subset of early uterine fibroid sufferers .

I swear it.

So what are you doing with that demographic only to start disturbing people for prayers

If children are not on your mind then, this may not apply to you. Otherwise, it's the new reality upon us, many more of our younger ladies are suffering from this ailment than our parents generation had.

So the Facebook lady shouldn't blame men. Many of us only marry for reproduction purposes and the dynamic now has absolutely changed.

Thank you.

just wait u will soon see the evening newspapers here attacking you as if u are their creator..

3 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Straybullet: 12:29pm On May 05, 2023
Hopemanfx:

just wait u will soon see the evening newspapers here attacking you as if u are their creator..
My helmet ⛑️ dey my head

1 Like

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by mymadam(m): 12:39pm On May 05, 2023
Straybullet:

I'm wearing a helmet already ⛑️
grin

1 Like

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by worldclass68(m): 1:01pm On May 05, 2023
Well, that's the truth sha.....I have seen some having difficulties conceiving while younger ones just dey get belle anyhow.......

8 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by seniorgozman(m): 1:10pm On May 05, 2023
To me it depends on the girl's lifestyle. Someone I wanted to marry was just 24 and has no womb. When I discovered, I quietly backed out. At that time a man was dragging her with me and went ahead to marry her. My friends were surprised that I didn't resist. I told everyone that the marriage won't last. In less than 6 months the man divorced her after discovering

36 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Straybullet: 1:10pm On May 05, 2023
worldclass68:
Well, that's the truth sha.....I have seen some having difficulties conceiving while younger ones just dey get belle anyhow.......

Precisely the point

4 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Straybullet: 1:11pm On May 05, 2023
seniorgozman:
To me it depends on the girl's lifestyle. Someone I wanted to marry was just 24 and has no womb. When I discovered, I quietly backed out. At that time a man was dragging her with me and went ahead to marry her. My friends were surprised that I didn't resist. I told everyone that the marriage won't last. In less than 6 months the man divorced her after discovering

Chai

3 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Kooldon(f): 1:12pm On May 05, 2023
Truth. I can't agree less cos the rate of fibroid surgeries among unmarried young woman around us is alarming compared to decades ago.

9 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Straybullet: 1:15pm On May 05, 2023
Kooldon:
Truth. I can't agree less cos the rate of fibroid surgeries among unmarried young woman around us is alarming compared to decades ago.

Thanks . It's unfortunate.

4 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by seniorgozman(m): 1:18pm On May 05, 2023
Kooldon:

I am even scared of marriage, I might end up paying someone to allow me pregnant her while she goes her way

2 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Straybullet: 1:20pm On May 05, 2023
seniorgozman:

I am even scared of marriage, I might end up paying someone to allow me pregnant her while she goes her way

Shyt is happening nowadays. Sadly
Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Exceldan: 2:12pm On May 05, 2023
Nawawooooo. May God have mercy

1 Like

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by swagguElite(m): 2:34pm On May 05, 2023
I do both younger ladies and older women. There is no better. One set too reckless - too selfish, the other set too marriage conscious or already has a kid. How do you determine the one with fibroid issue by lookin' at their faces? This has nothin' to do with age brother.

8 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Straybullet: 2:48pm On May 05, 2023
swagguElite:
I do both younger ladies and older women. There is no better. One set too reckless - too selfish, the other set too marriage conscious or already has a kid. How do you determine the one with fibroid issue by lookin' at their faces? This has nothin' to do with age brother.

Believe me or ask your doctor. Age is everything...Well almost everything

10 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by talk2hb1(m): 3:10pm On May 05, 2023
Wahala! Wahala!! Wahala!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Straybullet: 3:53pm On May 05, 2023
talk2hb1:
Wahala! Wahala!! Wahala!!!
Toh
Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 05, 2023
I just thank God for my life, na small small online fights be my own, spoil no follow. I don't even know what postinor looks like.

1 Like

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Straybullet: 4:03pm On May 05, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I just thank God for my life, na small small online fights be my own, spoil no follow. I don't even know what postinor looks like.

Wow! Really impressed. Are you above 24?

2 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by ProphetM0hammad: 5:45pm On May 05, 2023
Straybullet:

Believe me or ask your doctor. Age is everything...Well almost everything

I don't think there is any literature yet that has categorically stated the exact cause of uterine myometrium.

What you stated here is just an opinion, there are several other opinions too.
But i believe the age factor is just as important as lifestyle
Just like some people believe advanced maternal age( 33 years and older) is one of the key factors for multiple gestation i.e conceiving twins, triplets etc

3 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Straybullet: 5:54pm On May 05, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

I don't think there is any literature yet that has categorically stated the exact cause of uterine myometrium.

What you stated here is just an opinion, there are several other opinions too.
But i believe the age factor is just as important as lifestyle
Just like some people believe advanced maternal age( 33 years and older) is one of the key factors for multiple gestation i.e conceiving twins, triplets etc

Sure it's an opinion, but the available evidence weighs heavily In my favour....unopposed estrogen action by postinor preventing pregnancy, exposure to human papilloma virus from sex, age to give both enough time to produce the myomata.

undecided
Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by wisdomkid: 6:04pm On May 05, 2023
Straybullet:
Many of us only marry for reproduction purposes and the dynamic now has absolutely changed.

Tomorrow, don't come here and be shouting women are wicked oh, except you have money. How can you say you marry ONLY for reproductive purposes? Hope you meet a woman with the same mindset.

Me, I want to marry for love, peace and companionship abeg. We think wokeness is the key... tongue tongue tongue

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Straybullet: 6:08pm On May 05, 2023
wisdomkid:

Tomorrow, don't come here and be shouting women are wicked oh, except you have money. How can you say you marry ONLY for reproductive purposes? Hope you meet a woman with the same mindset.

Me, I want to marry for love, peace and companionship abeg. We think wokeness is the key... tongue tongue tongue

Actually it is you who is expecting peace from human beings that be disappointed.
What they owe me is children. Nothing else.

8 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Kobicove(m): 6:21pm On May 05, 2023
To be honest I think age actually plays a part in it but I have witnessed a situation where a 38year old lady got married and had 2 children in 2 quick pregnancies without any complications whatsoever cheesy

4 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by ItisWell22(f): 6:23pm On May 05, 2023
πŸ€”

Kobicove:
To be honest I think age actually plays a part in it but I have witnessed a situation where a 38year old lady got married and had 2 children in 2 quick pregnancies without any complications whatsoever cheesy

Just as I’ve seen a 23 year old with fibroids.

That’s why most conditions in medicine, number one cause is almost always UNKNOWN (Idiopathic).

And to the Op, I hope and pray none of your sisters or daughters exceed 24years, unmarried.

A consultant obstetrician while teaching in class asked β€œwhy would anyone marry a lady above 30years of age?”
Guess what! His daughter turned 31 this year, after her traditional marriage got cancelled few days away, due to genotype incompatibility last year.

16 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by linearity: 6:23pm On May 05, 2023
Straybullet:

Should we tell her?

Maybe we should.

My opinion.

I swear it.

Thank you.

I think your figure of 6 out 10 ladies over 26 having fibroid in Africa is very conservative, especially if they have not given birth at that age.

Statistics put that number at 8 out of 10 African ladies, the good news is there are now effective treatments and even nonsurgical means of getting rid of fibroid even in Nigeria, the disadvantage is, they are expensive and therefore beyond the reach of many families.

[url]https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0283201#:~:text=Background,of%20all%20races%20and%20ages.[/url]

7 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Straybullet: 6:46pm On May 05, 2023
Kobicove:

Very possible and happens . Probability is the issue here

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Quotes About Love, Life Or Success / He Slept With A Widow One Week After D Death Of Her Husband. "IS THAT WRONG? / What Is The Shortest Relationship You Have Ever Had?and WHY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.