Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,868 members, 7,889,905 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:41 AM

Hoodlums Storm Ogun NNPP Secretariat To Kill Chair - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hoodlums Storm Ogun NNPP Secretariat To Kill Chair (242 Views)

APC Members Gather At Lagos Secretariat To Watch Election Tribunal (Video) / Adamu Arrives APC National Secretariat To Assume Office As Chairman / Soldiers Storm Ogun Villages Again Over Herdsmen/Farmer Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hoodlums Storm Ogun NNPP Secretariat To Kill Chair by Nobody: 7:12am On May 06, 2023
The Ogun State Chairman of New Nigeria People’s Party, Comrade Sunday Oginni on Friday escaped assassination attempt by suspected hoodlums who invaded the party's secretariat located at the Adatan area of Abeokuta, the state capital.

It was gathered that the suspected thugs armed with different weapons stormed the party's secretariat and attacked people they met at the office.

Oginni who was reportedly at the office during attack narrowly escaped assassination, while some administrative staff were injured during the attack.

Some office equipment was purportedly destroyed by the hoodlums during the attack.

Findings revealed that the attack was not unconnected to the purported expulsion by the National Working Committee of the party.

Recalled that NNPP national publicity secretary, Dr Agbo Major had announced the expulsion of Oginni-led Ogun State executive over an alleged involvement in anti-party activities.

Major said the leadership of the party in Ogun State worked against the party’s interest and endorsed other party’ candidate in the state.

It was gathered that the hoodlums who attacked the secretariat came with a mission to take over the place from Oginni following the announcement.

One of the injured staff who spoke with our reporter alleged that the hoodlums were led to the office by one Kehinde Olowu suspected to be loyal to the governorship candidate of the party, Olufemi Ajadi.

The staff who did not mention her name for security reason added, "We were just at the office when we started hearing gunshot. Only for us to see some gunmen led by Olowu. They attacked us and asked us to vacate the secretariat.

"Myself and one other person was injured in the process. We did not even know how the Chairman left because we all were trying to look for way to protect ourselves from the people.

"When they came, they were saying we need to vacate the office because of the announcement. They said the NNPP governorship candidate asked them to lock the place up. It was God that save us.”

Reacting, Oginni described the threat to his life as a mischievous act by those he described as "enemies of new Nigeria”.

The Ogun NNPP chair alleged the attack was orchestrated by the party's flagbearer in the last election who was bittered with the state leadership.

He added," This attack shows that people who are enemies of development want us to go by all means.

"I was in my car receiving an important calls when the hoodlums stormed the secretariat. I started hearing gunshot and all.

"It was God that saved me that I did not go with a car they know, maybe I will be dead by now.

"From the way the attack happened, it is obvious they came for my life just because they know the expulsion cannot stand the test of time, they resorted to violence.

"We are already in court, they should allow the judiciary determine what will happened. Why are they so much interested in bringing us down just because we did what is right for the party.

"It was our sweat and personal resources that we used to build this party in Ogun State, and we are not going to allow them destroy it.

"We are going to report the cases to necessary authorities and ensure those behind this wicked act are arrested and prosecuted.”

Re: Hoodlums Storm Ogun NNPP Secretariat To Kill Chair by dominique(f): 7:23am On May 06, 2023
NNPP or yesterday too is now facing attacks? Nigerian politics keeps getting dirtier and more deadlier by the day

(1) (Reply)

AAPED: A Coeducational Agency Poised To reposition Democracy In Africa / How Animals ‘ate’ ₦17bn On Buhari’s Watch / APC Equity Group Issue A Communique To Draw The Attention Of Political Leaders O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.